Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning!

Had a nice, but busy day yesterday, with barely any crocheting except I did manage to squeeze in a little time to finish the rows on the baby blanket. Now to do the border this morning!

Julie- I don't think I answered your question re: where my DD got her artistic talent from? Rest assured, it wasn't from me! Have no clue actually, but I knew from an early age that she did have talent- Having 3 children, I could definitely tell--not just saying that as a Mom!

Coldest morning we've had all winter I do believe! But, of course, it is almost the 'official start of Winter" so to be expected.

Off to Delicious Orchards this morning, Judy? I haven't been in a few weeks and I think I'm going to stay hunkered down here this morning since I have to go out this afternoon. My co-worker friend who I'm making the baby blanket for lost her grandma and the wake is this afternoon.

Tammy- I've been reading the updates on Ken on Caring Bridge- and keeping him in my prayers- Please take care of YOU , too!!!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

morning, peeps!

Joanne, you read my mind...we're off to the Orchards this AM. Then we won't go till after Christmas. No way will we brave the crowded aisles!

I was playing with some cotton yesterday and trying the continental knitting stitch. I really like that way of knitting. It's faster, too, than the throw method. We'll see if I can keep it up. I also did a couple of rows of x st. Read some more...I'm all over the place as usual:lol

Have a good day, my friends:hug:manyheart

Good morning. It's really cold here this morning, in the 20's, so of course John went hunting. Haven't heard if he got a shot at anything yet.

Sun is out. Hope you all have a wonderful day. :hug

Hello everyone. Its been a busy weekend here, and tomorrow it will be back to work for me.

Judy, I learned to knit continental style, and it was years before I knew there was any other way. I don't know about being quicker though, I am slow, no amtter how you look at it!

Hi all,

I finished the baby blanket and bordered it using a row of sc and then a row of reverse HDC. Phyllis showed me the reverse HDC last week at craft club. Pics aren't the best, but here it is.

Here's a picture of one of the scarves using the Silk Garden Sock Crochet Scarf pattern here with the Lion Brand Amazing yarn and a pair of fingerless gloves!

post-27163-135897717249_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897717255_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897717258_thumb.jpg

post-27163-135897717261_thumb.jpg

The deer won again! They were only moveing before it was light enough to shoot them. :lol He got cold. :lol

Hello everyone. Its been a busy weekend here, and tomorrow it will be back to work for me.

Judy, I learned to knit continental style, and it was years before I knew there was any other way. I don't know about being quicker though, I am slow, no amtter how you look at it!

I don't care how you knit, it's all SLOW!!!! Like doing a crochet project all in single crochet! :snail speed.

Hi all,

I finished the baby blanket and bordered it using a row of sc and then a row of reverse HDC. Phyllis showed me the reverse HDC last week at craft club. Pics aren't the best, but here it is.

Here's a picture of one of the scarves using the Silk Garden Sock Crochet Scarf pattern here with the Lion Brand Amazing yarn and a pair of fingerless gloves!

Oh, pretty, pretty, pretty. :drool

Hi!

Welcome! :welcome Glad to have you join us. I'm Linda T and I live with John and Kim. I'm Kim's companion/care giver. She's had three major strokes, but you'll here me talk about her lots. She makes herself understood even though she can't talk. We get into lots of mischief together.

I'm off to the lower level and more straightening in case the family comes next week. Don't know when we'll finally know if it's a yes or no.

Hi all,

great work, Joanne!!!

Hi!

Welcome! Are you working on any projects? Many of us are all over the place with our crafting, not just with crochet, either.

BTW: I'm a baby boomer, married, with an adult son who is a chiropractor and am "Mom" to 2 very spoiled German shepherds.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Just a quick flyby to say hello. I'll chat more tomorrow but have a few things to do before heading home here. I do was to tell Judy, Tab, and Joanne that all your projects are gorgeous :manyheart And Tab, you're almost there, but Elijah look soo comfy he might not want to come out :think

Linda- Glad the deer won!!! Hope you find out if they are coming a few days in advance---and hope you don't get stuck on the couch for 5 days!!!

Cindy- One of the gals at the craft club showed me the knit stitch, but honestly, I don't know if it's continental or throw style!!! Anyway, knitting on back burner until Christmas is done- still have a few more things to make- and crocheting is way faster--especially if you use a bulky yarn or two strands together!

Judy- I was thinking of going to the Orchard today, but really wanted to finish the blanket--the shower at work is Thursday! I'll have a busy week- tomorrow night is craft club, Tuesday night, manicure, Wednesday night, hair cut/color (finally!!!) and Thursday, my sister-in-law will be in town to visit her sister and then going to DD's house so we'll all have dinner together. Friday, my oldest comes to town!!! Can't wait to see her! In between all the "fun" I do have to go to Paradise everyday and this is another hectic week of training 4 new employees that started last week! I'm tired thinking about it! LOL

Marisa- Can't wait to hear how the tour of the Victorian houses was!

Hi Awesompunk - I'm also a baby boomer- and have 3 adult DD's and one beautiful grandson!

Joanne, your week sounds as busy as mine! The only day I have nothing to do outside the house is Friday!

Hi, Marissa, Linda, Cindy, Trish, Jules, Tam and everyone!:hug

Havea great night, my friends:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

Beautiful blanket & colors. :manyheart Love the scarf & fingerless gloves too. Great job! :clap

Hi!

Hi! :D Lately I have been gone more than here, but I am trying to pop in more frequently. ;)

Hi Ladies,

Julie, No packing yet. Hubby would like me to, but I haven't. I'll start a list soon. I didn't unpack my crafts and I think I will only take a few things with me. I want to finish the girls strawberry shortcake dolls. Maya's teacher is having a baby so I'm going to make a blanket for her. I have to pick out a pattern. I really want to make are grandson I think it is a flannelghan (not sure if that is right) it's the ghan that rosered designed and many people made one. He is graduating in June and I really want to make him something that he will have for a long time. But I have to see if he would want one or not. I don't want to waste my time if he don't want one. And I should see if I can do it with my hand or not.

Cam is an awesome young man. I would have a lot of fun with him to. DH has a black belt. It was interesting to watch all the testings to the next color belt.

Judy, Congrats on your Anniversary! That's a nice pic of Lucy. Hope she is doing better after the visit with the vet. The graphghan is awesome! It will make a lovely gift.

Mary, Glad your Mom didn't break anything in her fall. DD has AT&T u-verse. I love it when I'm there. She gets more channels than we do and she get OWN (Oprah's channel) and she has a dvr. I always sang to the babies to. They were young enough they couldn't tell how bad it was. Today talking to DD I could hear Maya singing. She was singing Christmas songs. They have a channel with games and Christmas music. Hope everyone is SIL's family is feeling much better now and you get some rest soon.

Tab, It's so good to see you here. Sorry this pregancy is taking a toll on you. It won't be much longer and you'll be holding him in your arms. Congrats on your dipolma! The ghans are nice and bright. First time i've seen 3-D us pics. Those are cool.

Faile, Nice to see you! What are you working on?

Dusti, Sorry you are having to deal with a teacher like her. I wonder if there were complaints last year or any previous years on her. DD had a teacher in either K or 1st grade that the parents got to together and went to the principal about. That was all it took and things changed for the better. Good luck!

Linda, I would be venting to if I was being kicked out of my bed and my bedroom. John would have my feathers ruffled to, asking you to crochet something and then tell you, you have cleaning to do. :think Congrats on finishing your rr.

Marisa, That had to be scary coming in and finding the lights on. I would of put a call out to the landlord. The least they could do is leave a note so you know they were there. When I worked at the dry cleaners I was the manager so I was the first one in and someone had broken in during the night. That was scary. I bet the victorian home tour was fun. I bet there was some beautiful homes to. In my hometown they always have a home tour weekend. It's always the first weekend of Dec. They have the Christmas parade on friday night, the home tour and craft shows on saturday and home tour again on sunday.

Cindy, Love the ring you found in Shipshewana. The expandable trivet sounds interesting. My MIL said she would of rather gone to Shipshewana for Thanksgiving dinner rather than were some of them went. They went to a really fancy restaurant and the food wasn't very good and very expensive. MIL went there this summer with 2 of her girls. It was her first time being there. She had to get around in a wheelchair as she can't do all that walking. She had a great time and a good meal.

Glad your parents are holding there own.

Phyllis, Neat hat and a great pic of you.

Joanne, Wow Christmas gifts all wrapped. Congrats to DD at the art gallery. My ex was an artist and he did some awesome pics. Hope your week goes fast so you can enjoy some time with DD.

Hi Awesomepunk!

Are Christmas dinner was nice and enjoyable. The little girls and one little boy had a good time decorating cookies. It's going to be my new family tradition.

The pt therapist and the neurologist and myself all think my thumb sticking out is lack of muscle. So were focusing on it more. I don't have to return to the neurologist unless something happens again. She said I may need to pt for years. My strength has come a long ways. Last march I was able to squeeze 14lbs, now I can squeeze 40-42lbs. I did have neurologist give me a prescription for pt just in case I need it. This week is going to be my last week of it. I have been making good progress with the exercises they have me doing for my neck.

I've been picking up a Christmas gift almost every time I go out to the store. Not sure what to do about sons 3 stepkids. DIL is leaving with Payton, Jocelyn and her oldest to go to Florida for 2 weeks. I don't know if I will get a call to meet them on there way out of town or not. She's doing some things that are not nice. I really don't want to see her. But I do want to see Payton and Jocelyn. They have a court date wednesday we'll see what happens there.

DD asked Maya what should we get Grandma for Christmas.

Maya said yarn.

DD said what color?

Maya said red (she knows that's my favorite color) then she said pink.

DD said why pink?

Maya said so she can make me something (pink is her favorite color).

It was quite funny. They catch on quick don't they.

DD picked me up a Wii today at toys r us. Plus she got a $25.00 gift card so I told her to use to pick up another game for Maya. I'll be sending a check out to her tomorrow.

I better get to bed. I have to be at pt at 7AM. Have a nice monday everyone!

Linda- Glad the deer won!!! Hope you find out if they are coming a few days in advance---and hope you don't get stuck on the couch for 5 days!!!

John talked to Jonathan tonight. Jonathan is still sick, Shannon has limited leave home with the family (she's career military), and so they are not coming after all. John is bummed, but sure doesn't want them to come if there's a chance of them giving it to Kim. :(

Cindy- One of the gals at the craft club showed me the knit stitch, but honestly, I don't know if it's continental or throw style!!! Anyway, knitting on back burner until Christmas is done- still have a few more things to make- and crocheting is way faster--especially if you use a bulky yarn or two strands together!

Judy- I was thinking of going to the Orchard today, but really wanted to finish the blanket--the shower at work is Thursday! I'll have a busy week- tomorrow night is craft club, Tuesday night, manicure, Wednesday night, hair cut/color (finally!!!) and Thursday, my sister-in-law will be in town to visit her sister and then going to DD's house so we'll all have dinner together. Friday, my oldest comes to town!!! Can't wait to see her! In between all the "fun" I do have to go to Paradise everyday and this is another hectic week of training 4 new employees that started last week! I'm tired thinking about it! LOL

Wow! :eek That is one very hectic schedule, although most of it sounds like fun. Not the training of 4 new employees, but the rest of it.

I really want to make are grandson I think it is a flannelghan (not sure if that is right) it's the ghan that rosered designed and many people made one. He is graduating in June and I really want to make him something that he will have for a long time. But I have to see if he would want one or not. I don't want to waste my time if he don't want one. And I should see if I can do it with my hand or not.

Yes, that's the flannelghan pattern. If he's going to college, making one in his college colors would be nice. They use a big hook, so if that doesn't bother your had you should be okay.

Linda, I would be venting to if I was being kicked out of my bed and my bedroom. John would have my feathers ruffled to, asking you to crochet something and then tell you, you have cleaning to do. :think Congrats on finishing your rr.

Oh, well, it is what it is. John's not always the most tactful.

Joanne, Wow Christmas gifts all wrapped. Congrats to DD at the art gallery. My ex was an artist and he did some awesome pics. Hope your week goes fast so you can enjoy some time with DD.

My DD is an artist, too. She has made some very cool stuff.

Are Christmas dinner was nice and enjoyable. The little girls and one little boy had a good time decorating cookies. It's going to be my new family tradition.

That sounds so good.

The pt therapist and the neurologist and myself all think my thumb sticking out is lack of muscle. So were focusing on it more. I don't have to return to the neurologist unless something happens again. She said I may need to pt for years. My strength has come a long ways. Last march I was able to squeeze 14lbs, now I can squeeze 40-42lbs. I did have neurologist give me a prescription for pt just in case I need it. This week is going to be my last week of it. I have been making good progress with the exercises they have me doing for my neck.

Sounds like an awful lot of improvement to me there gal. :clap :clap :clap

I've been picking up a Christmas gift almost every time I go out to the store. Not sure what to do about sons 3 stepkids. DIL is leaving with Payton, Jocelyn and her oldest to go to Florida for 2 weeks. I don't know if I will get a call to meet them on there way out of town or not. She's doing some things that are not nice. I really don't want to see her. But I do want to see Payton and Jocelyn. They have a court date wednesday we'll see what happens there.

Keeping them in my prayers. :hug

DD asked Maya what should we get Grandma for Christmas.

Maya said yarn.

DD said what color?

Maya said red (she knows that's my favorite color) then she said pink.

DD said why pink?

Maya said so she can make me something (pink is her favorite color).

It was quite funny. They catch on quick don't they.

That's adorable!

Hello, ladies. I've found my way back from the land of the lost.

Haven't been around for a while but hopefully, I won't get lost in the shuffle again. Tried working two jobs for a while but decided that the amount of sleep I was losing wasn't worth the pay I was gaining.

Been working on my book and it's moving along. I'm in chapter four of the first draft right now.

Plan on scheduling the downtime that I have in the coming year to split between crocheting and working on the book. Maybe that will help.

See everyone later!!!!

Good morning!

The Giants won- in true Big Blue Fashion! Of course I didn't see the whole game, because I had to get some sleep! I really, really don't like Sunday or Monday night games.

Shannon- Good to see you here again!!!

Linda- I'm sure you are not too disappointed that the family isn't coming- at least you keep your bed! Although it would have been nice for John and Kim to have them visit, if they are not well, it is the smart thing to do by staying home

Marlene- Yup, you are right- it's the flannelghan- just like Linda said, if a big hook, holding two strands doesn't bother your hand, school colors would be great. My DH absolutely LOVES the one I made for him, as does my DD's BF. Sounds like Maya knows you well--very cute that she knows you'd like yarn.

It sounds like you have been making good strides with the physical therapy! Glad to hear it!

Cindy- Hope you have a nice easy day at work today!

Just peeked at the time- and I'm out of time--so to everyone else---have a wonderful Monday!

Gray and overcast today. Rough night all around.

Hello, ladies. I've found my way back from the land of the lost.

Haven't been around for a while but hopefully, I won't get lost in the shuffle again. Tried working two jobs for a while but decided that the amount of sleep I was losing wasn't worth the pay I was gaining.

Been working on my book and it's moving along. I'm in chapter four of the first draft right now.

Plan on scheduling the downtime that I have in the coming year to split between crocheting and working on the book. Maybe that will help.

See everyone later!!!!

Welcome back Shannon! Good to see you again. working two jobs can be a real drain on you. Sounds like you are making good progress on the book.

Hope you have a smooth training day there, Joanne.

Howdy ladies

Just a drop in to comment a bit --

Marisa

Sounds like you are still having a great time,and staying busy .

Tab

Thanks for checking in again . Maybe you will be able to do that more often with school done,although when your new babe comes, he will probably keep you hopping for a bit. Been a long time since you had such a tiny one to take care of.

What do all the boys think,are they glad it's another boy,or were they hoping for a little sister ?

Hey Jude

Whatcha reading on your new Tablet ?

And did you give the lady her new baby blankie yet, or are they having a shower or something for her ?

Linda

Glad the deer are still winning the battle down your way . We don't know many hunters,so I don't know how the hunting is up here this year .

Hope you find out soon whether the company is coming,so you have time to get things done on your list .

Welcome Awesumpunk

So glad you dropped in to visit .Stop in again anytime .

Joanne

You sure did a nice job on your pictured items.All very pretty !

Hi Marlene

That's really neat that your husband has a black belt in TKD. I never knew much about it until watching Cam .It's really interesting to see how they train the kids.

He was here yesterday and we made a deal that next weekend if Papaw falls asleep in his chair, me and Cam are going to DUCT TAPE him to the chair,then sing Christmas Carols to him as loud as we can. When I dropped Cam off , he reminded me to buy duct tape,so it looks like we'll have to do it now. Paps is aware of our plan,so I'll have him play along. You should hear Cam laughing about it . So funny .

Yes, the name of the pattern for your grandson is Flannelghan,the one with the big hooks and double yarn . Maybe you can make it in his HS colors ?

It sounds like your PT has helped you a lot with the muscle tone and stregth. Hope it continues to improve for you .

Sure hope you get to see the other grandkids before they leave for vacation . Those situations can really be sticky at times,can't they ?

Hi Shannon

Good to see you !

Well, I'm off to get some more of my book read . I have transferred my buying yarn to buying books,so I have so many ,it is almost crazy. Not sure how I'll ever get them all read if I don't crack down and read a PILE,then buy ONE . Right now, the ratio is the opposite .

You all have a good day,and don't freeze your buns off .Hope it's warmer wherever you are than here .

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I totally slept in today until 10 :eek Got myself together and ran to the bread store to save my sister the trip then over to the office. My sister met me here and we went out to lunch with a friend of hers we haven't seen in quite a while. So, am really just getting to the office for the day. I don't have much to do, but mostly internet stuff that's not really related to work. But, my sisters computer is super slow at home so I just don't even bother trying to take care of that stuff there :think

The house tour on Sat was awesome!!!! Apparently it's listed in one of the things you should do before you die in whatever list is out there. The houses were amazing and the architecture and decorations were just amazing. The neighborhood is a historic district so the people living in them have rules to abide by to make any changes or renovations. There were 6 houses and we had to sing a xmas carol at each house in order to be invited it :lol It was alot of fun. The last house had an optional train exhibit for an extra fee which we didn't do because we were on a time constraint, but will want to do next year. It's on the 3rd and 4th floor of the last house and is supposed to be the largest toy train exhibit with the antique kinds. Anyways, it's only open 2 days a year and for a fee with the 2 days of the holiday victorian house tour! However, they do run private showings.....I think they said last month people were in from Switzerland that wanted to view it! People actually currently live in all the houses and the current owners give you the history of their house and the people who built them along with info about the time period it was built. The furnishings were all very lavish. One lady was telling us they needed a new front door and going through the historical society, they had to get a mold made of the current door and have the new carved to be an exact replica.

After the tour Steph and her bf went to get the tree and I worked on some chicken noodle soup that we had simmering on the stove. It was time to take it all our and cut it all up and I made a meat, cheese, and cracker tray. Ingrid and the kids were coming over to help decorate the tree :yes

Other than that, not much else going on. I don't have much to say individually right now. I read the posts, but did not take notes. However, I'd like to welcome back Shannon...it's great to 'see' you :hug as well as sending out a warm :welcome to our newcomer Awesumpunk!

Hi, ladies!

Jules,you asked what I was reading on my Nook. This time around I'm reading a mushy Christmas novel - it was free:D I still have another hardcover book to finish, plus the one for my book club - and then I can get on to another on my TBR pile!

I have the same problem as you do: stopped buying yarn and now have begun buying way too many books:lol

Oh - Since there was a baby shpwer for my neighbor's first (now 18 mos. old) likely there won't be another, so I'll give her the blanket in January.

Hi, Shannon - good to see you back here!

Joanne, I couldn't make the end of the Giants game either! TG for the coverage this morning!

Hi to Marlene, Linda, Mary, and everyone....Be back when I can.

Just a quick hello from me...I have picked up a nasty computer virus that blocks nearly every program. Getting online is challenging, and staying online once I get there is also a problem. I'll be around more once I get the virus taken care of. I may need to wait iuntil ds gets back here this weekend.

I can keep up on my Nook but I find it hard to post from there.

Just a quick hello from me...I have picked up a nasty computer virus that blocks nearly every program. Getting online is challenging, and staying online once I get there is also a problem. I'll be around more once I get the virus taken care of. I may need to wait iuntil ds gets back here this weekend.

I can keep up on my Nook but I find it hard to post from there.

That's terrible!

I hope your son can help you out:hug:manyheart:hug

'nite all:hug

Hi Ladies,

Cindy, I hope you can get rid of the virus soon. Computer or human viruses we just don't like.

Marisa, The home show sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to try and make it sometime. Of course some of the houses I would like to see have already been shown. They have different homes every year.

Linda, To bad the kids are still sick. Hope there feeling better soon.

I bought two new books this weekend. Both are by Debbie Macomber. I thought if I couldn't crochet much while traveling maybe I would read. I picked up Learning to Love and Susan Mallery, Christina Skye The knitting Diaries. Today I worked on Maya's Santa's. I sewed in the tails on 17 of them and had to quit. I guess it's going to be the small things like that, that will take awhile to over come. But that's okay. It's much better than it was. I'm ready for bed. Up to late and up to early. I did the bedding today so I have to make the bed and I think I'm going to go to bed and watch tv. Have a nice evening everyone!

Hi all,

Read through all the posts, but am running out of time. Another busy day on tap at work--and then a little pampering with a manicure afterwards!---and I'll probably stop over to see my SIL and the little one- and see how he's doing with his one-on-one time with him while DD is at work- she survived her first day back- she emailed me last night before she left --long day- missed her baby--felt rusty--but good to be in the company of adults and she said she'll be ok. I know it was a tough day for her.

Have a good day!

Archived