Fenna's Freeform Cardigan

DeLeewit

I made this cardigan for my granddaughter. She's 3 years old, and all into PINK. I'm over the moon with the result, because it's only my 3rd freeform piece. I love the combination of crochet and knitting.

post-42259-135897628971_thumb.jpg

post-42259-135897628973_thumb.jpg

post-42259-135897628977_thumb.jpg

Wow. Spectacular stitchery and creativity!

I had to see more at your website. Your freeform cowl and baby blanket are wonderful as well.

How did you learn freeform? I've read books on it and dabbled, but unsuccessfully so far. I think my left brain takes over.

Thank you for the compliment! I saw freeform on Ravelry, and was smitten with it. I got some books, and just started. But i think my succes mostly is due to the fact, that my left brain is non-existent:) I live very intuitivlly, and so is my art.

Your sweater and blanket are really beautiful, was there a pattern or did you just wing it. I am not familiar with freeform crochet. Annie's Attic has a book that I have been drooling over. Which books did you use to learn. TFS

Hediye

Thank you for the compliment! There is no pattern, i'm just winging it, like you said. I have some books of Prudence Mapstone: Freeform: Serendipitous Design Techniques

for Knitting & Crochet - 2nd Edition and from Jenny Dowde: Free Formations and Surface works. They are really good books to get started!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Gorgeous work. Love the cabled tree on the back! You are such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing the wonder and beauty.

Archived