2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting Early. Daughter coming home from ISU. Have to really get some cleaning done.

wtd=-19

I made more bunny pins, a granny square and started a 3rd stuffed bunny. I used 2 balls, rolled a skein down and gave 2 skeins away (+7) :cheer:clap. I hope I can finish the bunny without getting more :yarn (maybe I'll find some white in my Christmas stuff :think). It's been a good week for :crocheting.

WTD: + 7 YTD: + 56

Ellie 13

Bought 4 skeins at HL. But used up 1 last night.

WTD: -2 ; YTD: +4

Beach??? I live way to far north, it's supposed to snow today-

I can hear the waves crashing from work, but never get to go unless we're releasing a turtle.

:turtle:vheart

I managed to break even this week! :clap I did get 4 balls of thread from Mary Maxim today (I ordered the kit for the christening dress my cousin wants), but I've also managed to use up 4 skeins this week!

WTD +0

YTD -87

So...... Michael's had Sugar 'n Cream cotton on sale for a $1 this week. I stocked up on the seasonal/limited time only colors and found four skeins of LB Homespun for 99 cents each.:devil I made a dent in my score by using up four skeins, so I'm at: WTD -56

I also finally finished a Halloween throw I started back in September. (It's made out of LB Hometown USA and measures 47" x 47". It's pretty heavy and thick- great for those crisp fall days when you don't yet want to admit that winter's coming and are still putting off turning on the furnace!:lol)

post-33647-135897647707_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897647711_thumb.jpg

I also finally finished a Halloween throw I started back in September. (It's made out of LB Hometown USA and measures 47" x 47". It's pretty heavy and thick- great for those crisp fall days when you don't yet want to admit that winter's coming and are still putting off turning on the furnace!:lol)

Love it!! :manyheart

Well, this week I finally had to, really had to...break down and buy some yarn. Here is the sad part....I might be returning it. No throwing tomatoes please. You can throw yarn though!!! :lol

How is it that I have a huge stash of yarn but not the color I need. It really wasn't even a matter of having a different shade, I just didn't have the color at all!!! My plan for what I made changed so I may not have a need for the yarn I bought so I may return it. HEY - I saw that....you in the corner winding up to throw....tomatoes.....wait...no that's yarn....ok, go ahead and throw it! :nahnah :nahnah :nahnah You missed! :rofl

I bought 3 skeins so that is -6, which I will count for now but also used 6 balls of scrap yarn so that is +6 so my total this week ending April 9, 2011:

WTD: 0 ; YTD: +32

How is it that I have a huge stash of yarn but not the color I need. It really wasn't even a matter of having a different shade, I just didn't have the color at all!!!

I get it. I have TONS of yarn, but never what I need just what I HAD to have! :rofl

Burning through the stash!

Dragonpuck +12 Gold Medal

Walker1021 +8 Silver Medal

Ellie 13 +7 Bronze Medal

dilya2006 +4

PBLKNP +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +2

cris +2

Holding Steady!

Marzee 0

pineknott 0

saffronangel 0

Braxxi 0

Midds 0

KraftynKrazy 0

Adding to the fun!

TurtleLvr -2

greyhoundgrandma -6

Crafty Witch -10

lhasaapsolady -18

CLLinda -19

Shell Lee -29

yarn geek -56 Shoot the Moon!

sue/turtlelvr's tote pattern. It uses up yarn!!

LOVE THEM! You can do a million color combos with it and use up some stash to make room for more! :lol

I know I've been missing in action - I have these 2 huge books that I have to finished before the library won't let me renew any more as well as a cross stich project I'm working on. I'll jump back in when I have something to report!

I know I've been missing in action - I have these 2 huge books that I have to finished before the library won't let me renew any more as well as a cross stich project I'm working on. I'll jump back in when I have something to report!

Good books?? Which ones??

Archived