2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Somehow...I managed to only buy 4 skeins today at Michaels! And all 4 were needed to finish current WIPS. No 'impulse' yarns.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's Tuesday which means Biggest Loser night at my mom's house. I always work on my 3sub while we watch tv there and tonight I worked my way through 3 balls and 1 full skein of yarn. +5 for me!!! :yay

Well, it's Tuesday which means Biggest Loser night at my mom's house. I always work on my 3sub while we watch tv there and tonight I worked my way through 3 balls and 1 full skein of yarn. +5 for me!!! :yay

Yay for you I was making an oven mitt during Biggest Loser I like seeing the new trainers on there tonight it was awesome.

I'm currently working on a project using Lion Brand's Pound of Love..'nuff said...

:bang

I'll be lucky if I work through this skein by next July...

This is exactly how I feel about the Bernat Softee Baby I am working with. It's never ending~~~~

It :2snow yesterday and with the :snow we had last Wed. (only 1/2 melted) the sidewalks were slippery. Well, I was walking to the bus stop, and next thing I knew I was flat on my back-side. The bus driver saw me fall and called for help (:yell me screaming in pain). I took an ambulance to the hospital instead. While waiting for X-Rays, and hoping nothing was broken :xfin, I :crocheting some more heart pins. I'm O.K., nothing broken :clap, but my shoulder hurts and tail bone looks like I sat in purple paint :lol. When I got home, I spent the afternoon :crocheting. The Doc. said don't work for a couple of days, go back Fri. if I feel well enough. I used up a ball and rolled a skein down (+2). So far I've made 55 heart pins :cheer.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 13

I went to Walmart yesterday and bought 7 skeins, used up 1 already, but need to go back for one more to finish up the project. Hoping to whip through some of that before the weekend though, so we'll see how bad I end up.:hook

The yarn police might as well come on and get me. My afghan kit came it, plus two skeins from ebay, and I bought four more colors of Hometown today. I'm working on cowls/scarves with the Hometown, but it only uses 2/3 of a skein, so I'll have to find something to use the rest.

I finished up the baby blanket I was working on, so that's +5 I can add to my score. Now I can tackle the box of Bernat Baby and the -30 it gave me! I expect to use up a lot since I'm making a RR with 2 strands held together.

Ohhhh, that hurts. I broke my tailbone in a roller skating fall......not fun. Pamper yourself and take it easy. Winter footing on snow/ice can be so unpredictable.

Oh, no! That happened to me three years ago, when I slipped on the ice in our driveway. It took a while to heal, so be patient with yourself!

:c9:hug

Sorry, Ellie, about your accident. Ice can be so dangerous.

I left for work today, thinking that the roads would be terrible, and so I left a good 15 minutes early. No problems at all, so I was at work way too early. You just never know with this weather. I am not a winter person.

Did get to knit at lunchtime, so I am up +1 point so far. Knitting uses way less yarn than crocheting.

:manyheart

Ellie, hope you feel better soon. Accidents on ice aren't cool.

It :snow here yesterday. Actually it started with sleet which quickly formed a layer of ice. Thankfully it hasn't gotten any worse than what it was last night when we went to bed.

I've actually been working on blocks for the afghans. I've got several that just need border rounds done. And since I get to sit at work tonight for two hours before clocking in, I'll take that with me and get some more done.

I just wish my sinuses would open and let me breathe again. I hate being :sick.

Of course I feel wrong when I drink Mt Dew lately. I know that I need the caffine but it just doesn't taste good. All I really want is water. Oh well what can you do?

Anyway, I'll be going back to :sleep soon as I finish this can of Dew. See everyone later.

It :2snow yesterday and with the :snow we had last Wed. (only 1/2 melted) the sidewalks were slippery. Well, I was walking to the bus stop, and next thing I knew I was flat on my back-side. The bus driver saw me fall and called for help (:yell me screaming in pain). I took an ambulance to the hospital instead. While waiting for X-Rays, and hoping nothing was broken :xfin, I :crocheting some more heart pins. I'm O.K., nothing broken :clap, but my shoulder hurts and tail bone looks like I sat in purple paint :lol. When I got home, I spent the afternoon :crocheting. The Doc. said don't work for a couple of days, go back Fri. if I feel well enough. I used up a ball and rolled a skein down (+2). So far I've made 55 heart pins :cheer.

WTD: + 2 YTD: + 13

Ouch! Glad that you are okay. Don't push yourself too soon!

So far this week I've finished up some scrapes working on granny squares. Haven't decided what I'm going to do with them yet.

started a baby rr with this new bernat baby yarn. It wanted to buckle in the middle so I frogged it and now using it to do a moss stitch ghan and I like it much better. The stuff is really hard to work with. It's a 6 yarn and doesn't like to slide being a kind of chenille, so I can only work on it a few rows at a time. Working on a scarf with SS and it is seeming to take FOREVER. I did finish up a skein from a hat I did earlier this week so at least that is something in my favor.

Nada. Zilch this week.

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0 / YTD: +3

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +0/YTD: +3

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2010 CAL

Bought a skein of Wool Ease today for a scarf. Then I came home and worked on the baby afghan. Finally got thru one skein of the dreaded bernat softee baby. Only 3 more skeins to go. The baby shower is Feb 12th. Wish me luck.

Archived