Pinwheel Sweater

amydepew

HUGE FAVOR!!!

can anyone convert this to a pdf file?

I dont have the program yet to do that and I want to put this on my nook to take with me to ball games and work on.

Please and Thank you!

I love this sweater and want to make it!

:heart

:mug

I just got an acrobat account where I can change my word files into pdf for free. http://www.acrobat.com

it's really easy to use.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am SO glad you bumped this up, LaVonne, because I completely forgot to check-in with my newest version :blush

Yes, the sleeve idea worked beautifully :yay I have the blue-sy/pinks Pinwheel Sweater packed away until spring, but I made another version that I just adore. Without further ado:

My Autumn Pinwheel Sweater

post-20536-135897602118_thumb.jpg

I used 7 skeins of RHSS in the 'Fall' colorway, and I just love it :manyheart The cuffs on the ends of the sleeves were my own idea and took a TON of yarn and time, but I am pleased with them. They are 3" long, so that I can roll them back and have generous cuffs.

post-20536-135897602129_thumb.jpg

This just makes the sweater feel more snuggly to me. Temps are mighty cool at this time of year, and I have not been too warm in this sweater, despite it being heavier than the sock-weight yarn one. I am still on the lookout for special shawl pin to hold it closed. I am getting by with a bamboo Japanese hair pin, but I want something with a clasp to balance the weight of the yarn :think I hope I know the style I want when I see it.

Thank you SOOOOOO much for this fabulous pattern. It works up perfectly!

Well good I just love this sweater I am working on one right now in sock yarn Sockotta Limited in reds and blues. I might have to go get more I only have two balls ea has 414 yrds. Seems to be working up pretty fast I started last night and been workin on it on my breaks at work and now till I go to bed and I have at least a 12 inch circle. I will try to post a pic here shortly.

Ok ladies this is the best I can do for now. I packed my camara up already and all i have is my webcam on my laptop. You know how hard it is to get a pic with the camara eye above your screen. Anyway it looks better in person. The colors are more vivid and the colors shade from red to blue and there is a white strand going through it too. Its very soft!

post-10186-135897602139_thumb.jpg

Oh my gosh! You all are making me cry...your versions of this sweater are breathtaking! Thanks so much for sharing your pics. Love the fun fur, love the sleeves, love all the colors!

Glad you are all enjoying this pattern. So fun, so fast!

Oh my gosh! You all are making me cry...your versions of this sweater are breathtaking! Thanks so much for sharing your pics. Love the fun fur, love the sleeves, love all the colors!

Glad you are all enjoying this pattern. So fun, so fast!

I just have to find the money for the yarn, and decide on which colors, and this is definitely getting made! I don't like a heavy sweater, but I want it snuggly at the same time. So many decisions! :yarn:yes:no:2spin

Ok ladies this is the best I can do for now. I packed my camara up already and all i have is my webcam on my laptop. You know how hard it is to get a pic with the camara eye above your screen. Anyway it looks better in person. The colors are more vivid and the colors shade from red to blue and there is a white strand going through it too. Its very soft!

[ATTACH]31181[/ATTACH]

Ooooh, is that going to be pretty. Keep crocheting, you can do it :cheer

This is my grandaughter modeling this pinwheel sweater I made for her 5th birthday. It is made with Bernat Baby trimmed in sc Fun Fur.

Wow!! That is a fabulous sweater :drool Your granddaughter is an adorable model for your fun accents. I love the Fun Fur trim for the little gal -- it's perfect. Thank you for sharing!!

This is my grandaughter modeling this pinwheel sweater I made for her 5th birthday. It is made with Bernat Baby trimmed in sc Fun Fur.

OMG she is so adorable, and so is the sweater. Good thinking with the fun fur, that sets it off real nice. She looks like she loves it.:cheer

Just saw this thread and have to say I WANT ONE! lol Love the adorable little model and the fun fur trim! Now I just have to decide if I want ot make one for me or my granddaughters who are 4 and 12! lol

tempted to try this soon.....wished I saw it sooner for Christmas gifts----but there's always next year.

I was wondering about the hood...is it part of the sweater and attached later or is it part of the pattern? :hook

tempted to try this soon.....wished I saw it sooner for Christmas gifts----but there's always next year.

I was wondering about the hood...is it part of the sweater and attached later or is it part of the pattern? :hook

The hood is created when crocheting the circle. Only the sleeves are added after the circle is finished.

Archived