Pinwheel Sweater

amydepew

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HUGE FAVOR!!!

can anyone convert this to a pdf file?

I dont have the program yet to do that and I want to put this on my nook to take with me to ball games and work on.

Please and Thank you!

I love this sweater and want to make it!

:heart

:mug

Just wanted to point out that the hood isn't added. The hood is created when crocheting the circle. Only the sleeves are added after the circle is finished.

That makes it even better!

I will have to try to make this.

HUGE FAVOR!!!

can anyone convert this to a pdf file?

I dont have the program yet to do that and I want to put this on my nook to take with me to ball games and work on.

Please and Thank you!

I love this sweater and want to make it!

I will see what I can do about that for ya! Give me until tonight because I am off to grout some tile. Yeah...we'll see how that turns out. LOL

Beautiful pattern. It looks like it could be adapted to "any yarn, any hook size".

Oh absolutely! The most important measurement is the distance between the arm openings. HOWEVER, I will say that anything heavier than say a worsted weight, will get really heavy, really fast. The yarn I used says it's a 2, but it's really like a 3 (sport weight). It's not terribly heavy but I could see how ww yarn would get heavy. But I sure would like to see it! I bet it would be awesome!

This pattern has intrigued me ever since you posted it. Thank you so much for your ingenuity and generosity in offering it for free :hug A couple of years ago, my mother made the knit version for my DD, but it definitely ended up being "a labor-of-love-never-to-be-attempted-again." :lol Needless to say, my youngest DD did not get one of her own in her favorite colors when she turned 3, and she has been ticked-off about that ever since.

Your beautiful version of the sweater stuck in my mind, and I finally bought yarn and started my own, yesterday. I am using Patons Kroy Socks FX in the Cameo Colors colorway (rose, grey, delft blue and black). I am in love with how relaxing it is to work the rounds with my H hook. I reached the arm holes round this afternoon, and, I agree, the Fdc works up so nicely for the openings. Unfortunately, the 16 Fdc I did will not quite stretch around my upper arms, so I am heading to the :frog pond this evening, once the wee 'uns are in bed. I am planning to add a few stitches and see how that works out. Regardless of this short detour, I am just loving the whole idea of having my own Pinwheel Sweater, soon :bounce

Thank you so much.

So glad everyone likes it! I don't see why you couldn't just fdc more for a larger armhole. As long as the other sections continued in pattern, no one would notice the enlarged armholes because those sections will be falling to the front of the body, whereas the main sections fall to the back of the body.

Can't wait to see pics from everyone!

Spectacular! I love Simply Soft...the sheen, the colors, the washability, the ease of use...it's all so wonderful. Great color choice! Now just get a matching shawl pin and you are golden. :)

Spectacular! I love Simply Soft...the sheen, the colors, the washability, the ease of use...it's all so wonderful. Great color choice! Now just get a matching shawl pin and you are golden. :)

Oh gosh............thanks so much for the compliment and vote of confidence!!!:hug

and thank you again so much for sharing the pattern with all of us! I'm super excited about making more!

So glad everyone likes it! I don't see why you couldn't just fdc more for a larger armhole. As long as the other sections continued in pattern, no one would notice the enlarged armholes because those sections will be falling to the front of the body, whereas the main sections fall to the back of the body.

Can't wait to see pics from everyone!

Alright, you asked for them :hook

post-20536-13589758459_thumb.jpg

I increased the Fdc as you mentioned up above to enlarge the arm holes a bit. As I am crocheting subsequent rounds, I am not increasing at the point where each sleeve starts (we'll see how this works for me...stay tuned), until the number of stitches in the sleeve matches the number of stitches in the remaining sections. Does that make any sense?:think I think I know what I mean, but it remains to be seen if this negatively effects the overall look. I sure hope not.

Started this one this morning... it will be a Christmas present for my mom! :hook

Boy, you are sure generous; I am keeping my first Pinwheel Sweater for myself :rofl I know. I know. My youngest should get it, but, what can I say? I love the pattern :blush

I'm really excited about this one, too. I just have too many other things to work on right now. :( I really want to use sock yarn for the colorway, but it will take much longer with the fine yarn.

That is exactly why I chose the Kroy Socks FX, too :yes A regular variegated just was not "talking" to me as much as this pretty sock yarn. Honestly, I was able to get to the round to start the arm holes after only 1.5 evenings of stitching. The sock yarn would not take you long to whip up, Nicole :devil Now, if I could find a similar yarn in autumn colors, I would be in heaven :dreaming (Any and all suggestions are welcome ;))

Tonight, I hope to work a few more rounds. It's so rewarding to see it taking shape, already.

:manyheart

post-20536-135897584551_thumb.jpg

Ooh! I am so excited to see what everyone is doing with this. I am especially interested to see how the larger armholes go. I have a dear friend who plays water polo and could seriously arm-wrestle any guy to the ground, although petite everywhere else. I am thinking of making one for her, too, but would also have to increase the fdc. I am keeping posted!

This is a pic of my progress as of yesterday.

I'm working on sleeves today! I'm lovin' this so far!

post-18634-135897585279_thumb.jpg

works up so fast and its so cool looking!

Archived