Pinwheel Sweater

amydepew

I'm soooo anxious to start this --BUT still waiting for my yarn from AA. I had never ordered with them before husband did for this yarn. We returned the yarn weeks ago as it was incorrect--- but still waiting...They have some awful LONG shipping process....UGH. :(

Wow, glad to hear you are still enthusiastic about the project, but it is too bad your yarn has not arrived, yet :hug Hopefully you will see it, soon!

Here is a progress photo of mine using the Patons Kroy Socks FX. The border is finished, and the left sleeve reaches about half-way between my shoulder and elbow. I plan to put the same border on the edges of the sleeves, too.

post-20536-135897618263_thumb.jpg It is coming along :yes

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, glad to hear you are still enthusiastic about the project, but it is too bad your yarn has not arrived, yet :hug Hopefully you will see it, soon!

Here is a progress photo of mine using the Patons Kroy Socks FX. The border is finished, and the left sleeve reaches about half-way between my shoulder and elbow. I plan to put the same border on the edges of the sleeves, too.

[ATTACH]33578[/ATTACH] It is coming along :yes

Beautiful! How much yarn have you used so far?

Beautiful! How much yarn have you used so far?

Golly, I really do not know...I just keep buying skeins when I get to a yarn store. Let's see. I would guess I have used 6 of the original skeins I bought. I know I have receipts for 7 more skeins here, and I anticipate using about 1.75 skeins per sleeve, so I ought to have enough :yay Let's pretend I am going to need about 10.5 skeins :think Not too bad.

Sorry I can't remember the last post's contact name-I know it's rii--something--just wanted to say how beautiful--I LOVE the edge you're doing on yours--gives me an idea for mine-----whenever my yarn gets here--LOL

Golly, I really do not know...I just keep buying skeins when I get to a yarn store. Let's see. I would guess I have used 6 of the original skeins I bought. I know I have receipts for 7 more skeins here, and I anticipate using about 1.75 skeins per sleeve, so I ought to have enough :yay Let's pretend I am going to need about 10.5 skeins :think Not too bad.

Okay. I'll shoot for 12 just to be on the safe side. Thanks :)

What is this beautiful edging you are using? I can't quite make it out from the picture.

Sorry I can't remember the last post's contact name-I know it's rii--something--just wanted to say how beautiful--I LOVE the edge you're doing on yours--gives me an idea for mine-----whenever my yarn gets here--LOL

Thank you! I would not have thought of putting such a detailed edging on mine until I saw Lynn's beautiful sweater for her granddaughter. That sealed-the-deal :yes

What is this beautiful edging you are using? I can't quite make it out from the picture.

:lol It is from a 2003 Leisure Arts booklet by Terry Kimbrough "Baby's Choice Crochet Edgings for Fleece." It would not have occurred to me to use it, except my DH suggested it, after I commented I was so pleased with how it had dressed up a blanket I made for my niece :idea. Good idea, Honey.

I just had to post to say that I FINALLY received my yarn from AA yesterday.

I thought it would NEVER get here-:think

Soon after it was delivered we had tornado warnings here......the family was all antsy about the storm--while I calmly sat crocheting my new sweater......Who says crocheting isn't relaxing????? :hook

So far I am about 10 rows or so into the sweater....

i am now up to the part to begin armholes. I just read EVERY post here about this sweater to make sure what I need to do to make larger armholes--LOL. I also needed to watch the FDC video--Crocheting years and never heard of that stitch,,,,,,so need to make sure I understand how to do that before going on...

I am happy with the progress I hope that I can figure out how to make the armholes larger and want a nice edge when I get to that part...:cheer

i am now up to the part to begin armholes. I just read EVERY post here about this sweater to make sure what I need to do to make larger armholes--LOL. I also needed to watch the FDC video--Crocheting years and never heard of that stitch,,,,,,so need to make sure I understand how to do that before going on...

I am happy with the progress I hope that I can figure out how to make the armholes larger and want a nice edge when I get to that part...:cheer

You can do it :cheer Do you think you have the FpDC figured out? It may involve some frogging, but I would strongly suggest trying the armholes on a couple of times. Try it on as you finish one, and then Dc around until you get to the second armhole section. Create that second armhole, attach it to the next section, and try it on again. You do not want the stitches to "pull" across your back, and you want a full-range of movement, before you go to all of the trouble of adding more rows and then start second-guessing the roominess of your sweater :yes Do you like the yarn colorway? Continue having fun!!!

Yes, I watched that fdc video that was posted here (the 2nd one paosted) --it was very helpful to me. I sat with it and so far got to doing 1 armhole-(I work at home so had to get to work). I understand it now.....I will certainly do the other armhole and then try it on--to be sure. If I have to increase--I will again read over the posts to see how others have done that while staying within the pattern.

The colorway is so pretty.....Im using Serenity Gardens Gem....so it looks like the origianl. I also have skeins of it in Sea and Roses....so I know other sweaters will be in my future--LOL

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!:manyheart

Thanks for the gorgeous pattern. I made mine in the "Sea" color of the Deborah Norville yarn and it looks beautiful. I didn't like the way the edges curled after I made the body circle, so I added a quick fan stitch border. There was a chain stitch swirl right at the overlap in the front, so I sewed a button on and can now close the sweater without a shawl pin. I love my new sweater! Thanks again!! :crocheting:crocheting

post-28975-135897621446_thumb.jpg

post-28975-135897621452_thumb.jpg

post-28975-135897621456_thumb.jpg

Yay! All these sweaters are looking amazing! I am so glad everyone is having as much fun with this pattern as I have...and am having! I have more of the Serenity Garden in another color and am itchy to make another one. Now if I could just get some time...

Thanks for the gorgeous pattern. I made mine in the "Sea" color of the Deborah Norville yarn and it looks beautiful. I didn't like the way the edges curled after I made the body circle, so I added a quick fan stitch border. There was a chain stitch swirl right at the overlap in the front, so I sewed a button on and can now close the sweater without a shawl pin. I love my new sweater! Thanks again!! :crocheting:crocheting

BEAUTIFUL!! Your collar looks so much more of a 'manageable size,' than mine, if that makes any sense :think I like the colorway you used, a lot. Thank you for sharing the pictures. Very ingenious was to correct the curling you encountered ;)

I got to the armholes and did increase some --but after doing about 3 rows I feel I need to rip it----seems I ade a boo boo and realized it now--UGH. I will get back on track in a lil while--I tried it on but have some to go before sleeves

Really like that edging. Is it from a pattern or did you just make it up?

I am working on this pattern just started a few min ago. I am using Caron in a pretty pink for my first one (I will be sending it to my mom) then hoping I can make another in nicer yarn for myself later.

Really like that edging. Is it from a pattern or did you just make it up?

Love it! That edging is just gorgeous!!!!

I did the armholes and am now about 4 rows after. I had to increase the armholes and the next row decreased so that the pattern would be correct. This has now given me a littel 'ruffle" for the part weher the sleeve will begin--with every stitch I wonder if it will be OK and NOT matter when I do the sleeves???? Otherwise all is good.:think

well my sweater is coming nicely BUT--- I am now on my 7th skein of Serenity Yarn and I still have at least another 6" or so until the front two sides meet. I had ordered 8 skeins and thought that would be enough to complete the project.

I am now trying to figure out how many more skeins I will need to do the sleeves. If anyone knows how many skeins it took to do the sleeves--please let me know...Love the sweater but I'm getting antsy about how much more yarn it may be to complete..............:eek

Archived