Is ugly on its way in?

I just followed the link to see this cover.

I love:manyheart the crocheted vest but that mess under the vest is wayyyyyy past ugly. Battleship grey has never been a fashion forward colour. it's great for battleships but that is the limit. The model looks like an emigre` from the French Revolution.

I have noticed this concept being shown in other places as well. Every once in a while "fashion" decides to play the ugly card. I don't get it but I recognize it.

The good news is that we crafty types do not have to be a slave to fashion foolishness. We can make what we want for ourselves :h5

Anyone

well, i agree the overall effect is not real attractive to me. I actually like gray sometimes and I like the ornamentation on the dress. but I think the color of the vest doesn't go with the gray, and the vest looks too heavy for the dress. I like her hair but they should have followed the accesorizing rule of "remove one thing" and gotten rid of the feathers in her hair.

i like the wave stitch in the vest; Dora O. has done several designs using that.

A couple pricey department stores have been advertising on TV here recently, and all the clothes are on extremely skinny models. Everything is black, white or gray, and tall boots with heels so high they couldn't really be worn.

So we've gone from red, pink, green, orange, purple ~ to black, white, gray ~ just like that. And honestly, most of the stuff was not attractive.

I thought it looked silver. :think At any rate, gray can be very pretty. I don't really like the vest. I think they were trying to pair it with something trendy, which might not have been the best choice... It makes the vest look really old fashioned, rather than complimenting it. It's just too busy.

i love gray...i'm wearing a gray t-shirt and and gray cargo shorts. my shoes are gray and black...i wouldn't wear the dress though...i'm more of a little black dress type person...simple elegance...i have never been one to follow fashion...

There are a lot of greys that can be very pretty but Battleship grey is not one of them. I love grey with many colours so it isn't the grey so much as the tone they have chosen. The fabric is also problematic for me. And I agree about that feather to the head thingy... might want to rethink that part.

I rather hope I can find this issue as I like that vest. I think I could fake it from the pic but the pattern would be nice,

I love grey. I think it's a pretty top. While I'm not a fan of feather's usually, I think the one in her hair is okay. The one thing I would have removed is the belt. It looks weird, bunches the dress wrong, and makes it too busy.

The vest looks like it might be okay but it does not go with that dress at all. The Twisted Wrap or the Cardigan would have looked better.

Honestly the model looks fine to me. I've seen far thinner women in magazines.

She may be a normal sized and got photoshopped.

I've just been looking at the new issue of Instyle magazine, and there is a LOT of gray being shown for fall. so maybe this outfit is very fashionable.

at any rate, the styling of the outfit has accomplished one goal: we have all looked at it, and are talking about it:lol

quite frankly its the fashion world all round.....I am so tired of being told what I have to like or make in order to be fashionable....I am tired of being told what colours are fashionable, by their availability...give me patterns of interest and wearabilty.....I'm a bumpy old woman...where is fashion for me? lol No wonder I stick to tried and true

"Is ugly on it's way in?"....I wasn't aware that ugly had ever left, it's always around, just do some people watching in your local mall, the things people wear never cease to amaze me..........

I agree. I've seen some incredibly ugly outfits working retail.

quite frankly its the fashion world all round.....I am so tired of being told what I have to like or make in order to be fashionable....I am tired of being told what colours are fashionable, by their availability...give me patterns of interest and wearabilty.....I'm a bumpy old woman...where is fashion for me? lol No wonder I stick to tried and true

As a more mature woman I agree totally with you. I don't care that I'm not wearing the latest fashion. I try to keep to basics that look good on me.

"Is ugly on it's way in?"....I wasn't aware that ugly had ever left, it's always around, just do some people watching in your local mall, the things people wear never cease to amaze me..........

:rofl

I used to use that example to explain selective vision when I literacy training workshops. I admit that I have "selective vision" myself... how did that happen?:eek

:wlol

I'm not exactly a slave to fashion myself, however if I were going to pair that vest with anything, it WOULDN'T be that dress. The vest itself is quite pretty, I think. I think I'd like it better over a turtleneck pullover (or even a scoop-necked pullover) and pencil skirt or skinny pants. That dress just isn't real pretty in the first place, so why they would use it for this is beyond me.

I never was into fashion. Some of the shoes I pick out...:blush Just watch the show "Sex in the City" and it'll make you wanna be sick. Sarah Jessica Parker's wardrobe was often over the top, but somehow, fashionable??? :yuck There is no way that a tutu should ever make its way into a grown woman's closet or on her body if she is not a dancer!

Archived