Only another crocheter or knitter.......

I Create

could appreciate this, so had to share! I helped SIL with a yard sale yesterday and was drained. We slept late this morning and she called me to tell me that she was out at yard sales with her son, and had found a yarn stash at one. So just getting out of bed literally, I threw on clothes, grabbed DH (he grabbed his coffee and Kindle this time!) and we hunted it up. I found it but a woman had bought a lot. There were 2 bins and I dumped one into the other was was stuffing it into a bag (DH said I probably looked like a crazy woman to these people!)....their price was "stuff a bag for $1"!!! There were some skeins but a lot of ends of balls of yarn but I was taking most of it, when the husband came out and dumped more in the bins. Nicer stuff! New skeins of mostly 4-play, some Red Heart, some Bernat Bulky, some baby yarn.....then the wife dumped more in. I ended up with 4 stuffed plastic bags for $4!! I don't have to tell you guys what a deal I got. Clean yarn, nice house. Happy me!

:yay

post-23943-135897575935_thumb.jpg

post-23943-13589757594_thumb.jpg

I'm a yarn hog, I admit. I have a "yarn closet" in my art/craft room that has nothing but yarn in it so it's not like I had none, but who can pass up a deal like this? Now to find a big sale with cotton yarn, lol

I have yet to find a yard sale with yarn. I am jealous :blush ! I so badly want to find a yard/garage sale that has yarn, just so I can rescue it. :yes You are one lucky lady to have found the big treasure.

I knew my "find" would be appreciated here. :) It's kind of like when I found 3 of the magazine holders packed full of Annie's Attic Crochet and Crochet Newsletter (?) at the library book store a few months ago......12/$1. I think I ended up with 70. Sort of made up for the years I would have liked all those magazines and couldn't afford them.

Get going to those yard sales and thrift stores, girls!

Archived