Sock-Hop Sandy

Tampa Doll

I think I grew up being a teenager twice. My sister was actually a teen in the 50’s mine was the 60’s. Anyway, I remember the poodle skirts, saddle shoes, DA’s on the guys and tight jeans.

My Mom made all our cloths, so she was able to make my sister several poodle skirts. They were all shades of pink or light blue. The only thing that rally changed was the blouse and the scarf around the neck. Oh and her poodle usually had a ribbon or some beads around the neck. I remember on skirt, instead of the regular leash, my Mom use a chain. I thought it looked cool.

The Saddle shoes were the only thing I did not like.

Now Chriscrochetcrazy (Alisha) let me test her new patter of Sandy in a poodle skirt and saddle shoes. It was really easy, and took me a couple of days to do. Remember it is just me and Tampa Guy. Anyway, I used pink for the blouse and raspberry for the skirt. The scarf around the neck is white and so is the Tully around the pigtails.

As my sewing stinks, I made regular bangs. Thank you Alisha for letting me test this, I had a lot of fun. Now off to make one in thread for Tampa Guy’s back room.

post-105-135897552387_thumb.jpg .. More pictures

Oh my that is so cute. Ahhhh the good old days. Although I was a teenager in the 60s I do remember having a poodle skirt. It was blue with a white poodle. I also remember having a poodle as a pet. But instead of being a small size dog the one we had was a large one. When he stood on his hind legs he was as tall, if not taller, than me. Okay, I was probably only 5 or 6 years old at that time. He was black and we called him Mopsy.

Hi Tampa Doll,

Awww how nice your sox hop Sandy doll is, reminds me of the good old days when I was a teenager. I always wore soxs and loved the Poodle skirt.

You do such nice work on all you do, I to love doll making.

Y.Marie

Thank you all she was really fun to make. I love Alisha's patterns, they are so cute. She will look great on my Sept. Table.

I liked everything, but the saddle shoes. They were real clod hoppers. Now they make them with rubber soles.

Went to lots of sock hops growing up and they were fun.:hook

She's so cute. I wasn't born til '69. My Mom was a teenager in the 60's though, and I remember her talking about my Aunts all going to sock hops. Great job! :manyheart

You did a wonderful job on her! Ya know what, my parents were teens in the '50s, and I think my mom still has her old poodle skirt and saddle shoes in her attic?! Those were the days.

Great job Mary Jo. I remember my Mom and Aunt's talking about sock hops and going to American Bandstand in Philadelphia, PA with Dick Clark. Did you ever go there?

Joan

Great job Mary Jo. I remember my Mom and Aunt's talking about sock hops and going to American Bandstand in Philadelphia, PA with Dick Clark. Did you ever go there?

Joan

Never got to go there, but sure wish I could of before he moved. Yeah Dick Clark was a big deal.

She's wonderful! I'm a tad too young for poodle skirts but I hated wearing saddle shoes, too, in elementary school in the early 60's. Although I suppose they worked better for cranking roller skates on (with a key) than tennis shoes would have :lol

Archived