Oval Tote

TheKnottyMale

There's not a pattern available for this one. My inspiration came from this pattern http://www.lulu.com/product/ebook/bead-tapestry-crochet-heading-south-rasta-bag-pattern-for-right-handed-crocheters/5013571 . I really liked the wide bands of color, but didn't want to make a bag with a bird motif, so I made an oval base of my own and used a star motif that came from a pattern that I bought a few years ago.

Your totes are beautiful and so detailed. I wish I had the patience to do one. How long did this one take?

Your totes are beautiful and so detailed. I wish I had the patience to do one. How long did this one take?

It's hard to say because I'm always working on more than one project at a time. Switiching projects keeps me from getting bored with colors or pattern repeats. If I had to put a time frame on this, I would say it took me 2 weeks if I had dedicated a few hours to the project every day.

Thank you for all of the super nice comments :hook

I'm including another picture here. This bag was made using the pattern that I got the star motif from. I made it way back in 2005. Back then, I wasn't able to crochet as tightly as I do now. This bag was made using a G 4.5MM hook. The oval bag was made using a D 3MM hook. I use hooks with handes - it's too painful to do tapestry crochet without them.

Archived