Another cushion

Miss Crochet

This is for a colleague's new baby (due in autumn.) I have two similar pillows for two colleagues bithe due on the same date (coincidence, eh?) They'll be getting quilts and blankets, so I thought a cushion/pillow would be nice.

There's a tutorial on my blog, if anyone is/was as scared of backing a cushion as I was :D

post-18038-135897543227_thumb.jpg

Just gorgeous!!! I love the bright, cheery colors. What kind of yarn do you use? The colors are so clear and bright. :hook

Just gorgeous!!! I love the bright, cheery colors. What kind of yarn do you use? The colors are so clear and bright. :hook

Hi Katie,

I'm in Germany so this is a type of yarn that mightn't be available in the USA. It's called Catania by Schachenmayr and it's mercerised cotton, lighter and finer than Suger'n'Creme or Peaches'n'Creme. The colours are really vibrant and beautiful: I keep them on display in my yarn basket because they're just so purdy! :D

I'm going to have to break down and make some of these! Hubs always said crochet pillows are for his grandmas house - but I don't think he'd risk hurting my feelings if I actually made some! We'll see...

• 1 month later...

Archived