Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope you don't mind that I answered Julie B.s question, :blush I usually don't jump in like that. :eek I love the color combo and the variegated will be wonderful. Those colors just need to be together. :manyheart

I don't mind whatsoever:manyheart ...I do it a lot! And sometimes I don't get back online for a while, so I'm glad she wasn't left hanging.

I do love the variegated (watercolor), the dark purple and the aran together...the variegated is a little thinner so I'm using a smaller hook on the other colors and a bigger one on the variegated. From the looks of it they'll all be the same size.

Afternoon Ladies :D

Ever have those times where you just wanna be left alone to crochet and listen to a book but everybody and their Mama thinks they have to have your attention right now? :lol I'm having that problem these past few weeks and I don't even have kids around the house :lol

So this means that so far today I've only gotten 11 squares done. I don't even have my laundry done yet :P

Thank goodness it's just sandwiches tonight. Maybe I can get something accomplished :hook

Julie- you are a hoot ! :D

NOW i see what you mean. I was thinking the COLORS brown and green made you think of Oreos. I was trying to picture oreos in brown and green . Ours are black and white.

Anyhow, I was a little worried that you might have some really OLD Oreos laying around with MOLD on them . :lol

Hi everyone,

I did 3 vertical rows on the casa last night. Only have 19 more to go. It certainly takes longer to do these rows then normal crocheting.

Donna those colors look great for your WB.:yes

Julie how is your WB going, have you finished the 8th block yet.:D

Mary did you take photos of the birdies in your yard. The Cardinal babies would have been so cute to look at.

Miss Leslie

SSssshhhhh ---

Don't tell Krystal, but I got stuff today to make the one you designed in the blues ? I 'm sorry I can't remember the name of it, I just printed out the picture to follow.

But I won't start it til my Woven Blocks is done ,since Krystal would make the drive down here just to kick my rear if I did . :lol

Hi, everybody. Kim & I just got home from the dentist. Of course, we went to IHOP for supper afterwards, so it's not as bad as it sounds. She had a great checkup. And the best she's done since I've been taking her. I'm plugging away on the train squares. I'm hiding tails and attaching them a row at a time. I'll actually have more time this evening to work on it than I did during the day today.

There are or were some Oreos out the were black and green. They had mint centers. I don't know if they are still around or not.

Judy- I love the watercolor variegated. I have a skein in my stash and I take it out to pet it every once in awhile. I seriously thought about using it for my Blue Star, but I wasn't happy with the way the saltines looked for that pattern- the lengths of each color ( I KNOW there is a real live yarnie term for that) are quite long and it just wasn't the look I was going for. I know I'll find the perfect project for it someday though! I can't wait to see yours!

JulieKay- You seem to forget that I have five kids and a hubby. A package of Oreos wouldn't last 24hrs in this house! I'm allergic to wheat and can't even help them. For some reason they really don't seem to miss my help with cookies, pizza, pies, cakes, donuts, pasta.... nope. who needs Mom?

Linda- Yep, mint Oreos. Remember the Keebler ones? I think they were called Grasshoppers, weren't they?

My kids don't get sweets on a regular basis, since getting 'real' food in them is expensive enough. However, my mom makes sure she brings treats whenever she comes over. Last week she had found Nabisco cookies on a great sale, and brought a huge package. The next afternoon my 5yog was muttering at me and I asked her to speak up.

"Momma, do we have any more Blueberry Big Newtons?"

Cara- quit whining about only getting 11 squares done! I am considering that a pretty good daily average for me. You are just too quick!

Miss Leslie

SSssshhhhh ---

Don't tell Krystal, but I got stuff today to make the one you designed in the blues ? I 'm sorry I can't remember the name of it, I just printed out the picture to follow.

But I won't start it til my Woven Blocks is done ,since Krystal would make the drive down here just to kick my rear if I did . :lol

Please finish the WB, Julie. ;) Arnold really needs to go away! :devil

Miss Leslie

SSssshhhhh ---

We are hopeless. :lol I'm itching to start another quilt ghan. :eek I've accomplished almost nothing off my WIP list yet here I find myself again.

Cara- quit whining about only getting 11 squares done! I am considering that a pretty good daily average for me. You are just too quick!

:lol Okay I'll count myself lucky then :yes

Julie B - Keebler Grasshoppers were sooooooooo good. I have to be careful of how much gluten I eat, too. But every so often I can't resist some garlic bread. If I overdo it though, I bloat up like a bullfrog.:frog :frog :frog :frog :frog

There is absolutely nothing sweet in the house and I'm craving Oreos now! :D

Julie~Wow! You are doing great. :yay

It's not even 9:00 and I'm about ready for bed...I got 9 squares made this evening. :hook

I had such a hard time not laughing in little Lyddie's face- she said Big Newtons and I pictured her sitting at the table with one cookie- the size of the table top!

Go ahead, threaten with the duct tape. Them durn chilluns dun et th'whole thang!

Linda T- I thankfully can do gluten, so oats areOK. I have a true blue, blood test positive allergy specific to wheat. I can do some spelt if I'm careful (it is actually an ancient form of wheat). If I overdo or accidentally get ahold of wheat I wind up with nasty fibro symptoms.

OK, dinner's done, the two delinquents (read: non-completers of vittles) are in bed, the bigger kids are occupied, and it be time to weave in some ends. Yippee! GO MARINERS!!!!!

Miss Leslie

SSssshhhhh ---

Don't tell Krystal...

Now WHAT makes you think I can't read?!?!?!

There are or were some Oreos out the were black and green. They had mint centers. I don't know if they are still around or not.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Mint Oreos

JulieKay- You seem to forget that I have five kids and a hubby. A package of Oreos wouldn't last 24hrs in this house! I'm allergic to wheat and can't even help them. For some reason they really don't seem to miss my help with cookies, pizza, pies, cakes, donuts, pasta.... nope. who needs Mom?

My kids don't get sweets on a regular basis, since getting 'real' food in them is expensive enough.

Amen to that! My kids will make me broke with the FRUIT they eat! As for the wheat thing, I have a problem with it, too - but it's still new and I'm still adjusting.

Archived