Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Mary

Thanks, if I DO get carved into Mt Rushmore, could you see that I am put next to Teddy Roosevelt ?

He is cute , cute, cute .

We used to have a neighbor guy that looked EXACTLY like him -- no joke. I told him that once and he didnt even know what Teddy looked ike, so I had to go hunt up a book to show him the photo .

Now mind you, Teddy never wore a DEW RAG, so you have to use a little imagination .:D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my Julie that is too funny.

:rofl :rofl

I talked to my aunt and found out her definition of muave. She said a dark rose. So my pattern will be the woven blocks in dark green medium brown and a hint of dark rose :yes Now to find the yarn.

My Aunt is so cute. I told her that we wanted to make her an afghan since she has been so wonderful to us. So I've been having her help with the colors and all that. Last night she wanted to know what I wanted for the afghan. I told her nothing I just wanted to give her something nice. She told me I was getting something so what did I want. She already knows what I want. If you live in the Alaska or Washington area you may have heard of her. She makes the dollsbyvon. They are little dolls made with fur. She's made Santa's, eskimos and the like. I've wanted a woodland Santa for a long time. We had a laugh over that and now she says she will surprise me. That cute cute lady. Gotta love her.

Donna that is so sweet that you and your Aunt are going to exchange gifts that you have both made. I havent heard of the dolls made with fur. Do you have pictures or is there a website.

Im going to bed now. Have a great day everyone

Tab

I talk CONTINUALLY. NONSTOP. To ANYONE, ANYWHERE. ANYTIME .

I am the same and talk in my sleep :lol Hubby tells me I could talk a cat off a fish truck :yes And I managed to teach a class with larengitus. How on earth do you spell that?? :think

Good Morning. :) Summer time is here for good and from now on it's yard time early or late in the day! :hot

Donna, the colors you have chosen sound really pretty for the WB. Your aunt is one talented lady!

Wendy~Sorry I missed you this a.m. How is the Casa coming along?

Good morning ladies :flower

Donna - Wow! Your aunt did exquisite work! If I had someone in my family like that I'd definitely be wanting one of those :yes Glad she finally told us what mauve was, too :lol

Mary - Oh good. I'm glad you like the new pattern page layout. That was just getting way too complicated and messy looking :P That's about the only way I could figure to tidy it up some.

Julie - You so remind me of my bestest buddy of 25 years, Chricket. She's serious talker too. She once talked to me on the phone for 10 minutes before she realized we'd been disconnected :lol :lol But that's one of the things I love about her. And she's super funny just like you :manyheart Now granted she's had more practice cuz she's 60....so she's got 11 years on ya :wink

Well, gonna be my day out today. So I don't anticipate much crocheting getting done today :no I'm working on the Christmas Goose and Just Ducky at the same time now. That way I won't get bored with just one. You know, I used to just work one project at a time until Julie corrupted me :lol

Also, get to take Miss Tuon the Kitty to the vet today to have her checked out and make sure she's a she. Gosh, I hope so. Little boy kitties are more lovey but boy are they messy :yuck

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

Cara, I know about little boy kitties - we had one when we were first married. He was a real lover - but didn't like it when we moved when he was older - he would always spray one area of our apartment carpet. I have no clue as to how we ever got our security deposit back!!

Morning ladies

Donna- I love your aunt's furry baby dolls ,they are really cute !

Karen- welcome to the YAKKER's Club-- good to have a fellow yakker to talk with .

I also have been known to talk in my sleep. Not surprising to me, why WOULDN'T I ???

I liked the cat and the fish truck line. :lol

I usually hear YOU COULD SELL ICE CUBES TO AN ESKIMO .

Cara- I do that on the phone too, rattle on and on and on, when I stop to breathe, the call got dropped probably 12 minutes earlier but I had no idea . :D

Cara, I know about little boy kitties - we had one when we were first married. He was a real lover - but didn't like it when we moved when he was older - he would always spray one area of our apartment carpet. I have no clue as to how we ever got our security deposit back!!

Yep, exactly! Our dearly departed Smokey Bear was a lovey baby. Definitely a Daddy's Boy but when he started getting old he started spraying :yuck We actually kinda have a boy cat named Oliver but he's our Porch Cat. He gets fed, loved on, we chase other cats away from his porch but he can't come in :no

My neighbors cat sprays. I've never had a cat that sprayed and I'm hoping that this new one won't. :)

I guess I'll do some on my calliope today. I really need to just get r done :lol

Hi again. Cara~I hope Miss Tuon does well at the Vet. :yes

I'm going to put fringe on the scarf and then draw straws to see which project to work on next. :think I really need to start the baby blanket...we'll see.

Well, Little Miss Tuon is back from the vet. She's healthy as a horse! Strong little lungs and heart. Little bit of an eye infection and fleas but we knew that going in. They gave us stuff to clear up both. Come to find out though she's twice as old as we thought. She's two months old not one month. She's just probably the runt. Vet complimented us on how well we're caring for her :manyheart

Here is the scarf I just finished. Trying to be good and finish some quick WIPs that I started before I got hooked on Cara's patterns. :lol The pattern is called Shelly from crochetme.com and I used Bernat denim style in Stonewash.

(clickable)

th_ShellyScarf002.jpg

Mary your scarf looks great.

Thanks for the compliments on my aunts dolls. Yep she is one talented lady. She's learning to do caribou tufting. I have no idea what that is but she says it's very interesting and that her new thing right now.

Cara, I forgot to tell you I love the new layout too. It's much easier to find things now:yes

Mary, that is lovely. Thanks for the pattern link. I think I may just have to do at least one of those.:yes

Cara, congratulations on Miss Tuon's good checkup.:yay

I finally got a side project done and now I'm working away at joining squares for the train 'ghan. I've got way more crocheted than I thought. They make quite a pile on the bed beside me. Will definately have pictures for Friday.:yes

Mary - Great scarf!!

Donna - Good I'm glad the new layout is working. It was a mess before :P Caribou tufting? How does she get the caribou to stand still long enough for that :think:lol

31 squares down and 36 to go for the last block of the calliope! :yay

Cara Glad Tuon is healthy. Max has to go for his very last shot Thurs then he should be good for a year. Though DD just shut his poor little leg in the cedar chest which is a very big and heavy lid. He's still limping a bit and holding his leg up but it seems to not be broken. :sigh

Archived