Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Cara, that's what I was wondering too :rofl I'm not really sure what it is. I might have to google it and get back to you on that. :yes

Heather, I'm sorry to hear that Max got his paw hurt. I hope he starts using it soon.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I checked out caribou tufting and from what I can figure out they make pictures and brooches and such out of caribou beards. Some people use moose hair too. It's pretty interesting stuff. I could never do it myself though but it's interesting.

Donna - Very interesting about the caribou tufting :yes But I'm with you. It's not for me. I have no desire to go off shaving beards offa caribou :D

Tabby - :lol

Thanks, ladies. :manyheart I fully intended to make a scarf for everyone for Christmas last year and this year isn't looking much better. :lol

Linda T.~ You are definitely on a roll now! Great progress and can't wait for Friday. :yes

Heather, super news about being so close on the Calliope. :hook

Thanks for the great pattern, Mary...your scarf was so pretty I had to print it out so I can make one too!

Cara, I am so excited. I am a famous designer. :bounce:2rock:laughroll:rolleyes Now you have put the pressure on to keep coming up with new ideas. It is so cool of you to go to the trouble to put that together. You did so much more work on that than I did. :hug

I am getting ready to join another block on the Kitty Quilt. That will make the top row of cats done. Now I'm doing squares for the next row. It will get done someday.

So, in the hope that it happens, I need a source for cat eye buttons. I've been looking but not having much luck. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Cara~I forgot to thank you for putting my gingham in your gallery. :manyheart That is such an honor & I was floored when I saw it there. :c9 I actually have 2 in it because the do-si-so is on the back of the couch in the picture. :D

:hug

Julie and Judy~Thanks! The scarf pattern is so easy and quick; I've made it several times and so far, I like it best with Caron SS. :)

LeslieG, Congratulations on designing a wonderful pattern! :hook

Hi Tabby!

I've been spending time with my neglected Woven Blocks this evening and made 12 squares so far. :cheer

Leslie - I'm honored you let me share them with everyone :hug I figured if I put up one a month you won't get overwhelmed :yes How's that sound?

Tabby - Honey, I thank you too and everyone for letting me share. :hug The site would be so wimpy without you gals :manyheart

The Just Ducky pattern is gonna have to have "Designed by the Happy House Ladies" on it because that one was a definite group effort :ghug

The Just Ducky pattern is gonna have to have "Designed by the Happy House Ladies" on it because that one was a definite group effort :ghug

That is so sweet of you, Cara. :hug I guess you know by now that I love your Cuddle Quilts and plan on making every one of them! (Even if I am as slow as Christmas! ;) )

Cara, that sounds just fine. I have a backlog of things done already, so, I have a breather. I have a few more in mind. I'm playing around with them to get them to a doable (is that a word? :think ) size.

I think after I get this calliope lapghan done I'm going to do the semaphore in some different colors and a lapghan size for the nursing home. It looks like an easy one :) I need a easy one after this calliope :haha

Good morning ladies :flower

Well, I only got 10 squares done on the Ducky cuddle yesterday with all the vets appointments etc. But today is laundry and crochet. Have a bit of a bum thumb so that's slowing me down some but it won't stop me :lol

I actually think I might have 2 hours peace and quiet right now. Can't start laundry until DH leaves at 9:30 and the cats are asleep so I might pop out a coupla squares right now :hook

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

Cara, I'm working on some saltines, too:lol Like you, too, a sore thumb never stopped me yet!

If, with this weather, DH and I get to see my FIL in Toms River today I'll have 45 minutes each way to knock out a few more:)

Hi Ho Ladies

Yea Krystal- I'm still out here and block 7 is complete, together and attached, so saw off another sliver of that runt, would you ? :)

Julie, congratulations on finishing your 7th block! :yay

I started my woven blocks last night. I got 8 squares done. But I'm not sure of the colors. I wanted dark green and a medium brown. So I chose Cafe. Here is a picture. Do you think these squares look okay together?

greenandbrown.jpg

I asked hubby and he said he didn't see green and brown going together at all. I just told him whatever lol Then I decided to ask you girls since you would give me an honest answer.:lol

'Morning, Ladies. I'm trying to decide whether to mow the back yard or clean house...what choices! ;)

Cara~Hope your thumb improves quickly. Last week I had band-aids on 2 fingers of my right hand...irritating, but I could still crochet.:lol

Hi Judy, what are you working on now? Have a safe trip to see FIL. :)

Archived