Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the big top, Cara! Wonderful as always! I've decided to do a baby gingham ghan first. My nephew is getting baptized in August and we have been asked to be sponsors....so I wanted to make him something special and was going to do a personalized name ghan, got the name part done and decided the rest of it looked too girly, then Tabby posted her pic of her bg and that's all it took! LOL I'm still going to use the name mat in the middle but am going to do the blocks around it. Hope it turns out!

Well, Linda

Yea, I guess we all tend to lean in the WACKY direction at times. That's what makes it so fun in here . :D

Cara- congrats on the Big Top, wow is that pretty or what ????

Mary- I see a penguin in your future ............:lol

Julie- you are doing great at keeping up here. It is quite the challenge keeping up with our CAL's because of the volume of posts we get in a day.

I call us the ELITE of the CAL Community. It's not everyone who can post this much, keep up with everyone and crochet at the same time.

We're kinda like the Marines .

Top Notch. :yes Well Trained . :yes Ready for Duty . :yes

You guys and all your hobby lobby talk are making me want to take a road trip up to one. The problem is, it is in a REALLY busy town with wall to wall traffic. I am used to our one-horse town. Never a traffic jam. Never a car wreck . Nobody beeps their horns .

Going up there is like driving in the Indy 500. It makes me an absolute nervous wreck .

Guess I'll just stick to my good old Walmart . I have to get on them once in awhile about their selection, but they are pretty good about keeping it stocked now. They actually let me help choose what colors to order . That was fun !

Sounds pretty Theresa

Are you going with blues or lots of baby shades ?

I'm using SS in off white and light sage and maybe some soft yellow...just not sure The name mat is off white with light sage letters and a heart. When i get some of all of the colors done i will post and ask you girls what you think! I don't know since the mat doesn't have any yellow in it if it will look good some yellow blocks or not.

Theresa that sounds like a great idea! :yay I'd love to see that :yes

Julie do what I used to do when I didn't wanna drive in busy traffic (when I still drove that is), have Sam take you. I find whining works very well :wink

Thanks everyone for the compliments on the BT. :hug I'm really pleased with how it came out :yes

Theresa

Those sound like a real interesting combination of colors ! Can't wait to see it come to life !

Cara- Sam wouldn't be caught DEAD in a yarn shop, or probably any other store for that matter.

If I didnt buy his clothes, he'd be NEKKID .

If I didnt buy him food, he'd STARVE .

The man just does not shop .

Cara, your Big Top is absolutely Gorgeous! :yay:cheer:yay As usual. No wonder you're our inspiration! Your patterns and work are terrific!!!:nworthy :nworthy :nworthy

Theresa, that sounds like an awesome plan.

Cara- Sam wouldn't be caught DEAD in a yarn shop, or probably any other store for that matter.

If I didnt buy his clothes, he'd be NEKKID .

If I didnt buy him food, he'd STARVE .

The man just does not shop .

I know you're not yakking at me but hey I can't help myself. :lol

Anyways, why don't you just promise Sam that you'll shut your cake hole the whole trip. That should do the trick. ;):rofl :rofl

Ya know I love ya, right? :manyheart I'm just trying to help ya out. :D:lol

I know you're not yakking at me but hey I can't help myself. :lol

Anyways, why don't you just promise Sam that you'll shut your cake hole the whole trip. That should do the trick. ;):rofl :rofl

Ya know I love ya, right? :manyheart I'm just trying to help ya out. :D:lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Tab

Do you realize my cake hole would have to be shut for about 23 minutes ?

Have you heard of Spontaneous Human Combustion ?

Watch the 6 o clock news tomorrow night :

BREAKING NEWS :

OHIO WOMAN GOES UP IN SMOKE !!!!

A 49 year old woman apparently exploded in the family car on the way to an area craft store. Her husband Sam said that they were riding along, windows down, when all at once he heard a WHOOSH, and flames shot out of the passenger seat. He quickly pulled the car to the side of the road and dialed 911 on his cell phone.

Firefighters and rescue workers arrived promptly on the scene, but by the time they pulled the woman from the car, she looked like a charcoal briquet . She was burnt over 80 % of her body, but she was still alert and conscious throughout the ordeal, talking the entire time rescue workers were reviving her .

She kept repeating the words YARN and Cake Hole ,which no one on the scene could decipher .

She is in the local burn unit, with little hope of survival . Surprisingly, she has remained alert and talking throughout her 14 hours in intensive care .

She has an oxygen mask covering her mouth, but has continually mumbled throughout the night.

Her husband Sam has been by her side from the beginning, but he has a set of headphones on and is listening to the Cleveland Indians Game .

We find it odd that his spouse of 30 years may be in the final stages of her life, and may be telling him her final wishes regarding burial, etc, since the doctors have informed her there is little hope for a full recovery and she will no doubt have a strong resemblance to a charcoal briquet for the rest of her days .

Our thoughts and prayers go out to her family in this tragic time.

We have gotten film of some family members arriving on scene to pay their respects before she passes on, but they ALL are apparently Indians fans, because they are all wearing headphones ,although one had earmuffs on instead.

That struck us as odd, seeing how the temperatures have been in the 90's ,

Donations for her URN can be sent to the Hicksville Bank in small increments only. She has pretty much already been cremated, so all she needs is the JUG to put her in .

Her husband has already said the JUG will be disposed of in South Dakota in the Badlands because she always wanted to visit there .

National Enquirer 3 weeks later :

Ohio "Charcoal Briquet " apparently haunts the Badlands !!

People living near the Badlands have reported strange sounds emanating from the canyons of the Badlands .

An entire Native American tribe has uprooted their reservation and gone to Wisconsin to live. They claim evil spirits are in the badlands and can no longer live there in harmony with nature .

Tab

You are RIGHT. We HAVE been over it before . And will again if anyone tells me I have to shut my cake hole.

I talk CONTINUALLY. NONSTOP. To ANYONE, ANYWHERE. ANYTIME .

My dad says I've never met a stranger . My mom says I'm gonna get my throat slit for talking to strangers . Sam says he wishes he was as comfortable in front of a group of people as I am, because he tends to sit back and WATCH if we are in a large crowd. Usually, what he is WATCHING is ME ... up in FRONT of the large crowd . :lol

I spent 20 minutes in the Dr's waiting room yesterday and knew more about the little grandma sitting next to me than her own family knows.

20 minutes, folks .

I need to work for Homeland Security .

No one would have any secrets.

Sounds fun to me ! Now where's my Luden's cough drops ?

If I'm gonna do that much talking, I 'll need a case full .

Archived