Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Leslie - yea ,someone else mentioned Don King already, but she says it isn't him.

I'm thinking I may have another clue -- the grandma in that Eddie Murphy movie where they were all sitting around the table eating -- the one that kept saying HERCULES !!!!

Wendy- thanks for asking, I am now making squares at a faster pace than before. I don't have any more blocks made or strips put together. I thought I'd try a different approach and make a whole pile of squares, then put them together .

I'm working fast as I can !

Linda- sounds like you are gonna have some pretties to show us soon !

Judy- how long til the shower now ? I cant remember .

Tab- I am trying to light a fire under my hook, but DANG, it is hard to hold onto when it gets that hot. Someone yesterday said to crochet like the wind -- I tried that in a windstorm and the squares kept blowing away.

I'm open to any other suggestions. I don't really like working under pressure, but this has a lot of people waiting to see who that photo is, so I gotta do it for the TEAM .

Krystal-- now I never called you WARPED . I just feel it is my duty to tell newbies that we have someone in the crowd who is a little wacky .... just as a heads-up kinda thing, you know ?

Morning Mary-- whatcha working on now ?

Cara- the big top is gonna make it's Grand Entrance here right away I bet !!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright I think I've come to a decision. I'm going to do the woven blocks in the brown, dk green (have to go look at the greens) and muave. Now my question is which color is closest to muave since I don't think they offer that color in RH :lol Isn't it like a dark rose?

Then I think my next one will be the Christmas goose quilt.

Ya know I've never really known what color mauve is so I looked it up in the dictionary. It says: "a moderate purple, violet or lilac color" That doesn't seem much help. What the heck is a "moderate purple" :think

hmm...well gosh I don't think there are. I was thinking it was a redish color too. I suppose I was thinking it was a bit lighter than burgandy. I will take a look at Hobby Lobby this week. I might have to call my aunt and have her describe her muave that's in her living room. :lol

Hey, Julie, aren't we all a bit wacky? At least part of the time? :lol :lol :lol

I'm still working on the lamb pattern, too. No where near ready to post that one yet. Changing one little thing, seems to lead to changing a whole lot of other things, too.:eek

I hadn't realized just how many squares I'd gotten made, until I had to pull a bunch out of the bag and start a new bag, just so I'd have room for the yarn I was going to be using next. :lol I know I've got a bunch still to do, but I have to do some catching up on the putting together end, just so I know what is done and what is left to do. :yes :yes

Well I googled muave (yes I am a nerd :lol) and here are some pictures I found of it.

Solid20Color20Mauve20Icon.gif

muavebinder.jpg

So I'm thinking like orchid or something similar maybe lilac?

Donna, I think TLC has a pretty lilac and it would work with RHSS.

Linda~I love it when I have a whole bag of squares made...and am so proud of myself. :D Then I realize they all have to be attached. :eek:lol Good for you on getting so much done! :hug

Okay when I go to HL I will look at Rose pink and I think I may have lilac too. Maybe I'll email my aunt with pictures and ask her if the colors are close.

Linda, it sounds like you got alot done. Good luck attaching them.

:thair:bang:thair:bang:thair I've been working on the lamb pattern this morning and it just WILL NOT come together. I've tried I don't know how many faces on the durn thing and it just insists on looking oh, so, wrong. I'm giving up on it for right now. Maybe working with my squares will get me calmed down and give me a new, or at least, a different perspective, on it. I'll leave it alone for a few days and maybe my subconscious can solve some of the problems. that works on other things, so maybe it will this time too.

Congratulations, Cara. Look forward to seeing pictures of the the completed Big Top.:yay:cheer:yay

Cara, can't wait for pictures!

Linda~I agree with you. Sometimes when I put something aside that is frustrating and come back to it, everything falls into place. I know you'll figure it out! :yes

DH and I went to lunch and then I went to Hobby Lobby "just to look around." ;) Not too much damage done...I needed some basic colors just in case I want to start on Mr. Penguin sometime. :devil

Mary, I'm jealous of all of you with Hobby Lobbies. All we have here is Joann, Michaels, and Ben Franklins. Even the Walmart has lousy yarn selection since Crocheting and knitting seems to be passe around here- unless you knit with expensive natural fibers. There are plenty of little froufrou boutique-ey shops in Seattle, but that just ain't me.

Julie, you think I'm afraid of Krystal? Nope. Not me.

Linda bee, I'm not sure which of your projects I'm more excited to see. I am REALLY intrigued by your LotL, though. Get that needle whippin', girl! I want to see what the next section looks like!

Hi Julie B.~HL definitely has the best yarn selection in our area, but they've been changing things around lately and carrying more of their own brand.

Heather, what color did you use for the feet and bill (beak?) on your Penguin? Is is gold? Thanks! :hug

Our HL does have a good selection of RHSS and I love the "I love this yarn" yarn they are carrying when they carry it :haha but they do mostly carry their brand and alot of it I just don't use for anything yet.

I wish they'd have another RHSS sale I'd stock up on a few other colors.

Cara, I hope you had a good nap. I can't wait to see the big top.

Our HL is really the only place in town to go. We have Walmart but they are always out of half the colors. So I usually just plan a trip to HL at least once a payday.

Archived