Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Judy Did you have a nice dinner and a nice day in the yard.

DH decided to put off the yard work till Monday (he has a day off)...so after a tasty dinner at Applebee's (I've always been a cheap date:lol ) we visited a nearby beach where we could see the NYC skyline (no humidity today).

More crocheting did get done, though, which ALWAYS makes me happy!:hook

It was a very nice day:c9

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Mary. It's been crazy here but I did get two rounds done on the baby dress. I think I have 3 or 4 rnds. left & the itty bitty puff sleeves. :cheer I'm thinking of starting a scrap ATW like Leslie's pattern. We shall see when things get back to normal around here.

Thanks for asking. How are things in your neck of the woods? :manyheart

Things are fine here...DH is grilling chicken and we're having fresh squash, tomatoes, and black eyed peas that I got at Farmer's Market.

I also crocheted a few squares this evening. :hook

Hi, Wendy. Be sure and tell your mom hi from all of us here in Crochetville. We're so proud of her and her accomplishments. Can we see a picture of her RR? Have a great day with the family. :yay:cheer:yay

I got another block's worth of tails hidden this afternoon. Minus 2 black squares which I still have to crochet. I am much closer to having the train done than I thought possible. I got another round crocheted on my current RR this evening, too. :hook

Oh, and Sue brought a bunch of Bargello and cross stitch books up with her for this weekend's visit. I've used a Bargello pattern to come up with an afghan pattern :idea and may have solved the lamb problem, thanks to some cross stitch patterns. :idea And have ideas for another cuddle ghan or two. And I'm keeping three of the books that have things I want to try out that will take longer than this weekend to work up. :idea

Plus, John, Kim, & I went to a softball get together tonight for several hours. This has actually been a very, very busy day, with lots accomplished. Wow! :dance:dance

Think I'll go to bed now. Nighty night.

Hey, all, sorry I haven't been around today. We got surprise company this morning, and one of them is actually spending the night tonight! I got several squares done while we were sitting and gabbing, but I have this problem with talking with my hands. If I try to talk without using my hands I just can't think. Not that something that trivial ever stops me from talking.

Thanks for the compliments on the ghan. I'm also adding a dk brown, three blues, cornmeal/gold, then all colors repeating to make the center square instead of on point. That made no sense. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It is actually called Sunshine and Shadow when set like this, rather than ATW.

Heather, I love your bright colors! They work beautifully with the Around the World!

Linda, your train is absolutely adorable. Now I can't wait for TWO of your ghans! I am still intrigued by your LoL, so I think you just need to clone yourself and work on BOTH!!

My apologies to those I've missed- I'm bushed, and I need to get up early.

G'nite!

Linda T - a cross stitch pattern is how I made the Greek key design on the baby ghan I did! They are a wonderful source for inspiration...

Looking forward to seeing the finished train:cheer

Cara...if the name "just Ducky" is already used for a stuffed duck, would you have to change the name of your duck cuddle ghan?

Here it is - it's cute, too - would make a great accessory with your ghan!

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

Hi everyone, I thought I would share a photo showing how my puddy cats are helping me with the casa. They really are a big help. Also I have a photo of my mums finished round ripple. Its the first one she has done and it measures 70 inches across. She loved making it so much that she has started doing another one. Photos are clickable

th_P1020412.jpg

th_P1020409.jpg

Wendy, Thanks for the photos! Your cats look soooooo comfy!

And your mom definitely has the hang of the RR!!

Wendy, your mom's RR is so very, very pretty. Just lovely! :yay:cheer:yay Your kitties look like they are just as helpful as my kitty when he's helping me. They are absolutely gorgeous kitties. :cat I love Siamese. They are so talkative. :cat

Hmmmmmm. Cloning myself. I wonder if it hurts? I could frequently use at least of three of me. :juggle :juggle Do you think they take volunteers?

I agree, Judy. Cross stitch patterns are good sources of pattern ideas.:book

Mary, sounds like you had a wonderful, yummy supper with all those fresh veggies.

When do we get to see another pic of that dress you're crocheting, Tabby?:photo

Hey Judy whats happening.

Im about to go watch Greys Anatomy, CSI and then Survivor.

We're off to an early start - by 9AM we'll be on our way to NYC and the Metropolitan Museum of Art - classical Greekand Roman exhibit plus paintings from the Masters :c9

Wendy, your moms RR looks great. It's so pretty. And wow I'm impressed you can do anything with how they are helping. :lol They do look comfy and boy are they pretty kitties.

Judy, have a good day in NYC. That's one place I always wanted to go. Maybe someday.

Thanks everyone. My kittykats love sitting on my lap especially if there is a blankie there. I will let mum know that you all really like her RR. Today I made her start the ripple on her own, usually she gets me to do the centre bit. I showed her how to read a pattern and so she has made the centre of her new one all by herself.

Judy have a fun day.

Update on the Casa, only 9 vertical rows left. I might have a photo by friday.

ooh Survivor is about to start.

Good Morning, ladies. :) I think we're actually going to have a quiet day around here. DH is reading the paper and watching the British Open...he never sits down, let alone at 8:00 in the morning!

Tabby - I know you said you have baby gifts to make. Please show us the dress when you can. :c9

Wendy, thanks for sharing pictures. Your cats are beautiful, as is your Casa. :manyheart Your mom ought to be so proud of her RR; her work looks great!

Judy, have a great time at the Museum of Art. Sounds like a fun day.

I'm not sure why I woke up so early this morning. I'm not terribly with it yet, but enjoying a quiet time with Sarge lopped all over me and purring away.:yes

Morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Mom's RR is fantastic! Gee no wonder it's taking this long with the Casa :lol The babies look happy though don't they? :cat:lol

Judy - No don't think I'd have to change the name of my ghan. Pattern names usually aren't copyright. Plus, that's an old phrase. Would be hard to copyright. Have fun in the city and at the museum. I love museums :manyheart

Have a great day y'all. :hug

Wow Wendy your mom's rr looks wonderfull. I love how they come out. I asked my Mom how her prayer shawl I got her started on in March was going and she hasn't touched it :lol but she wants to finish it and do some more prayer shawls.

Good afternoon, all. It's been a really nice day here, with one exception! I was working on my cable scarf and the yarn changed thickness in the middle of the skein. :( So I checked the other two skeins and they were the same way. Rather than get frustrated, I threw it all away and will start over with different yarn. I love the pattern and have some Paton's yarn for the same scarf. :)

Sure is quiet here today - I hope everyone is having a great day. :hook

Morning everyone,

Cara yes its taken a long time just to do the vertical rows. I only have 9 now and am hoping to show a photo on friday. The cats can be annoying when they want to sit on it especially the dark cat as he thinks the casa is nice to chew on.

Mary dont you hate that with yarn. I have found sometimes when I buy a new skein and start using it all of a sudden there will be a knot in it, how can that be with a new ball.

Well the weekend is over and its back to work today.

Archived