Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey kids, keeping up on the reading as I can... I haven't forgotten you! I do have good news though- I have hit the 25% mark on my Around the World! The fact that I still have 75% to go is little disappointing since I have been working diligently for twelve days. I am really not known for my get 'er done skills, so if I actually manage to get this finished it will be all due to you guys!

Chatter on, ladies, I get the giggles listening to you all. I'll let you know when I climb back out from under my bed. (But the dustbunnies are my *friends*!)

I was crocheting some "saltines" last night for the purple/green ATW (Leslie's pattern) and decided the variegated won't do for this - so off to find 2 skiens (is that right for 80-something squares??) of Lt Orchid...

Don't give up Julie

You'll GIT R DONE, it just takes a lot of patience ,since those little squares are deceiving -- you work and work on them and have a HUGE pile, then when you add them to the afghan, they add about .02 % to the afghan.Then you make another huge pile, repeat over and over .

You'll complete it ,though. Just stick with it. You really are doing well if you've only been working on it for 12 days .

Judy- so what are you going to do with your variegated squares , or did you have very many made yet ?

The variegated squares - only made a few - will be used as part of the SECOND Project Linus ghan I began the other day. An elf from the HIJ swap sent me the SOFTEST skien of light orchid. Bordered with white, it makes beautiful little squares. The variegated (waterfall) has some purple in it so it'll work as an accent - a very girly look:manyheart

Thanks, Julie and Donna...see what Cara has done to me! All I want to do is make little squares:eek ...and the really sad part of all this is that I LIKE joining them!!:yay (That is, as long as they're NOT the CASA!)

I've really lost it:P

Good Morning, all. Happy Thursday! DD and her DH are on a trip, so I am in charge of checking on my grandcats and their house starting today. I'll wait until after rush hour and then head that way.

Julie B, you are making super progress! Looking forward to the next picture. :hook

Judy~I know that pattern will be wonderful with your colors! After seeing some of your work, you've got an eye for color combinations. :yes

Morning ladies :flower

How's everyone this fine day? Kinda allergy ridden myself but it'll pass :)

Wendy - You're brilliant!! We need to sort through and find something that makes Krystal nuts and not let up until that Viceroy is done :lol :lol

Julie B - Grats on being 1/4 done on the ATW!! :hug

Judy - Your idea for the varigated squares you made sounds great! I'd love to see it when it's done :yes And I'll gladly take the heat for your saltine addiction :lol

Mary - Have fun with the grandcats :hug My mama used to say she liked her grandcats better because they didn't talk back and tell her they were bored every 15 minutes :lol :lol

Morning, everybody. It's sunshiny this morning after a stormy night with lots of rain. :storm At one point the lightning and thunder were really banging away and every time I jumped, Kim would giggle. :sofunny It was pouring down buckets here and John was playing softball about 10 - 12 miles south of here, and they didn't get enough rain to postpone the game.:no

Julie B, you're doing great to have finished a fourth of the ATW in just 12 days. Way to go!!! :yay:cheer:yay Aren't dust bunnies sweet? :yes They are sooooo soft and never, ever talk back.:yes

Julie, did you post a picture of your finished WB? :huh Did I miss it somehow? Where is it? I want to see it.

Oooooo. Getting Krystal back for all those days of Arnold. What to choose? What to choose?:confused

Hope your allergies clear up soon, Cara.:hug

Hi everyone,

What we need to do is find out who Krystal hates and everyone get that avatar and we will all have it displayed until she finishes something.

Judy wow you have started Leslies ATW. Cant wait to see it. Its going to look amazing.

Now that I have free time I want to start Leslies ATW before I get square withdrawal. Just need to get some black. I have caron brites in yellow,pink, blue, purple and green.. hmm I would need another color wouldnt I.

Julie, did you post a picture of your finished WB? :huh Did I miss it somehow? Where is it? I want to see it.

I was just wondering the same thing! I even went back quit a few pages to see if I could find it! Please, Julie...tell us less informed hookers where we can see a pic?!

OOoOOOppppps!...Didn't see that till I posted the above! Julie it is gorgeous! I love those colors, you've done a wonderful job as always!

Are you keeping it or giving it?

Morning Theresa

Thanks -- Well, I was gonna give it to my Dr, but think I'll save it for next year's reunion door prize ,since we are kinda going with the PLAID-LOOK ,you might say, for a theme .

So, I am making a new afghan for my Dr- I'd like to get one done for each of them, so we shall see .

Cool! Maybe I will come next year! I have been thinking of all the work you do to make your reunions fun....hubby's family has a reunion but a lot of the younger ones have stopped coming because it really is boring...if it weren't for hubby, I wouldn't go either and sometimes I don't! I thought next year I would host it and plan lots of activiities, I know all the kids will come if I have it and if activities are planned, it will be fun, except for hubby's sisters who are just a couple of sticks in the mud and I have so many nails in my coffin from them now...one or two more won't make a difference!

Thanks guys !

Theresa

Our reunion is anything BUT boring. We get a good crowd in, we have it all weekend , Sunday being the BIG day. We had 108 this year. the most we've had is 125 .

We always do games for kids and adults , have a lot of laughs and a real good time !

We have a pretty lively group that is a lot of fun and some of the younger ones (30's and under) are up for any game I think up ,so it proves for a good time.

We are getting a pretty big group of older ones now (60 and above ), so i have to gear their games accordingly -- we usually do group-type sit down games ( they LOVE pitting the men vs the ladies in trivia games )

After you do it a few times it gets a lot easier, because you know who will do what, and can pick games to go with the crowd .

Need any tips, give me a holler. I started doing ours about 20 years ago. Have taken a couple years off here and there for a break, but once you get the job, it's hard to find anyone else to do it ,since it is SO much work .

I had to book half the hotel rooms at the No-Tell Motel for next year so we'd have enough for all the out of town people who come for the weekend .

I also put out a newsletter several times a year to keep the family up to date on everyone, like new babies, weddings, etc .

I usually try to think up a theme each year and decorate accordingly.

It's probably the most fun I have all year ,since we're about the most boring people in the state .

I don't buy it Julie. If you're part of the group, it can't be boring. Your WB is absolutely beautiful!!!:yay:cheer:yay Great job! I didn't want to be dumb, but I'd been watching for the picture all weekend. Thanks for posting it here. This is my main hangout at Crochetville.

Wendy, I love your idea for Krystal. Just let me know what, how to get ahold of it, and when to post it. :devil :devil :devil

Archived