Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Hi ladies!! Long time no see!

I need some help if anyone is around! I'm submitting a pattern (Accepted for publication) and just needed help with a gauge question and wanted to make sure a stitch description was accurate---so I need an experienced crocheter, and someone sitting at home with a hook!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi ladies!! Long time no see!

I need some help if anyone is around! I'm submitting a pattern (Accepted for publication) and just needed help with a gauge question and wanted to make sure a stitch description was accurate---so I need an experienced crocheter, and someone sitting at home with a hook!!

We've missed you, Rachel! I don't think I'm the one to test anything, but I'll bet someone will jump in. Congratulations on your pattern. :hug

Thanks Mary--

my gauge question is really one I should know the answer to--let me throw it out there and see if you might know the answer.

The gauge needs to be 4" sq, but if the 4in. line falls in the middle of a row, does that row get counted into the gauge, or left off?

Mary--

I know! I've missed you all. We've been busy buying a house and fixing it up--it's amazing the things you learn about the previous owners when you start really looking at things. Like how they've not only painted over the outlet covers, switchcovers and outlets, but they also painted over adhesive pads that had only been partially removed!!

Rachel it sounds like your previous owners learned to paint at the same place our maintenance people in Utah learned. I was shocked to see how badly the did. They didn't even wipe the walls down there. It was bad. Congrats on the new house though. Hopefully it doesn't take too much work to get it fixed up.

RACHEL!!!! You're here! :jumpyay :jumpyay Gosh, we missed you. I was just asking about you the other day. Grats on the new house. :hug Now as far as the gauge question is concerned, I'm stumped on that one :think Did you try the design board? There's lotsa smart cookies in there :yes

Cara--I know!! I jsut haven't been feeling the vibe to crochet. Making my bag to send to the publisher was pain enough! I should come and hang out eventhough my blackford's beauty is still on hold.

I've been thinking about you too. I'm very proud of you for quitting smoking. You'll make it through it :)

I'm surprised that I've stumped you! I sent an email to the publisher to get their official answer, but haven't heard anything back. I'm anxious to get this in the mail.

Rachel - I can only tell you what I have experienced from matching my gauge using other patterns.

You need to find a measurement where the row ENDS on a measurement. For example, if 4 rows = 3 1/4", then see what 5 rows does.

If you want to do 20 stitches x 4 rows = 4" x 3 1/4" then do that. Your row should match the inches exactly. Otherwise, people's gauge could be anywhere under 4" and still be "right", which isn't "right".

I hope I'm making myself clear!

Hi, all. I thought this was going to be a fairly quiet week. Boy, was I wrong! Instead of having appointments on four out of five days like last week, we are ending up with something going on every day this week with multiples on some of the days. Yeesh! :eek :eek :eek

Welcome back, Rachel. You've been missed. Glad you found a new home you like. There always seem to be a ton of things that need to be done when you move into some place new no matter how perfect it seems.:yes

I'm not sure what to tell you on the gauge. All the patterns I've seen, give the measurements as what they are supposed to be at the end of the rows or stitches. I am the one who has to find a hook that will yield exactly what the gauge says or adjust the pattern to the gauge I'm getting as compared to the gauge the pattern calls for.:hook

Welcome Back Rachel

Long time, no see !

and Mary -- BEWARE --- if Krystal gets her RADAR BEAM on you, then you have had it !

Try to stay low and duck for cover . It might keep her from finding you. At least she's going on vacation, so you may get a week's rest . :D

MARY-

I want to see MAJOR PROGRESS on that there Woven Blocks before I come home...

If I don't, I'll have to come up with some HORRENDOUS UNDESIRABLE bribery scheme... it will have to be worse than Julie's since you are so easygoing...

Poor Mary

PM me for some tips if you need any. I am thinking of getting a job for Homeland Secuirty ,so maybe we can come up with a foolproof plan so Krystal can't hunt you down and torture you until you get that afghan done .

What has she got in for that Woven Blocks ? Everyone who starts one has her on their tail feathers . :lol

Hi, all. I thought this was going to be a fairly quiet week. Boy, was I wrong! Instead of having appointments on four out of five days like last week, we are ending up with something going on every day this week with multiples on some of the days. Yeesh! :eek :eek :eek

Hi Linda T - Sounds like a super busy week! Take care and I hope you can fit in some crochet time. :hug

Archived