Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies, I just returned from DD's and errands. My grandcats are so sweet; Zoe could sure learn some manners from them! :lol

Julie, I love your WB. :hook The colors are wonderful together!

I think we should all crash your reunion next year...sounds like lots more fun than our family get togethers. Of course, I've known for years that my family put the D in dysfunctional.

Thank you, Julie. I didn't mean to sound negative about family stuff...just way too much going on with both sides of our family lately. DH and I decided years ago that we both must have been adopted. :lol

Wendy, you should be so very proud of yourself!! What a beautiful ghan. You did a terrific job and never gave up!:clap :clap :yay :yay :yay

Beautiful, Wendy

I liked how you put the words Quick and EASY in the post .

That's like saying it wasn't very much work building the pyramids . :lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Wendy - WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! FANTASTIC JOB!!! :yay:cheer:yay

Morning all. I am NOT awake yet. Can't spell. But Kim & I have a long, busy day ahead, so I'm going to search out some strong tea and try to get going. Catch you all later. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Julie, your WB is great. :yay:yes Love the colors. I'll get back to you on your idea.

Wendy, Your Casa is Awesome.:yay:fame Take a bow. What a lot of work. It's worth it though.

I'm still plugging away on the Kitty quilt. I have the top row of blocks done and squares for another block. I'm working on the next middle block. I'm trying to get pictures tomorrow. I've taken a break and worked on a Flannelghan for the last two nights. I'm going to get back to the Kitty today.

Hi ladies. :) I'm off soon to DD's to check on the cats and wait on a window blind installer, so will take my crochet bag with me. :hook

Wendy, I hope you're doing okay after the oral surgery. :hug

Have a great day, everyone! :manyheart

Have a great day Mary :hug

I get new blinds today too. :yay But I'm not lucky enough to have someone come install them...unless you count Nephew and Big Daddy :lol

Wendy the casa is absolutely stunning! What a great job you did on it!

Julie...I like your saying in your siggy too! I was thinking of using that one just the other day...just didn't get around to it! I saw it as a quote but now can't remember who said it!

I'm still working on the baby gingham...but haven't taken a progress pic yet....I need to do that soon and get it posted so you guys will believe me that I'm doing something! LOL

Morning Linda

you have had some busy days lately havent you ?

Mary- believe me, i know what you mean about family stuff. We have a lot of that going on ourselves, although not in my "reunion" part of the family. This is in my "immediate " family. Some days , it's enough to make you wanna take a lawn chair and go park it on the train tracks .

Leslie

You just take your time, whatever you decide will be okey dokey with me .:)

Mary & Theresa

Yea, I liked that saying too. The other day when I went in for my checkup at the hospital , I stopped in the gift shop and got myself a little reward for being brave at the Dr's. They didnt give me a lollipop or a sticker, so I bought myself the CUTEST bookmark. It is metal and has a lady holding a basket of yarn and knitting needles ( sorry folks, no CROCHET ones ) .On the back, it had that saying .

I looked it up online and Abe Lincoln was the originator of the saying .

I immediately thought of a WINO ...

Why ? I don't know. I thought, well, if you were going to be a WINO, be the best you can be.

If you're going to be a CAR SALESMAN, be the best you can be .

Anyhow, it was kind of an inspiring quote, so thought I'd stick it in here for awhile .

Cara- of course Big Daddy counts !!!

Reminds me of what happened several years ago.

We were house-shopping and the real estate lady called and said a new place came on the market .

She asked "Is your husband HANDY ?"

I said , "NO, he's at work ".

She said," NO, I didn't MEAN to ask if he was THERE . I meant is he HANDY AT FIXING UP HOUSES ." :lol

I said, nope, give him anything that PLUGS in, and he can fix it. Give him a HAMMER or a PLUNGER and he's dangerous . :D

Archived