Ya'll... I'm flippin out...

So I made that baby blanket... and I sent it out UPS on Saturday. Tracking said it was delivered at 6:41pm yesterday to the "PORCH". So my friend got home around 8... NO PACKAGE. Her and her husband looked all around the outside of the house. Nothing. And they don't live in a neighborhood where packages are stolen. They live in a neighborhood where neighbors will rescue packages if it's raining, but leave a note. It was beautiful where she lives yesterday. I so wanted her to have it before she had the baby. Well, I got a text message from her this morning. "Water broke! Game on!" Which YAY!!!!! I'm so happy about that. But how perfect would it have been for the blanket to show up yesterday???? Now I have to have a trace put on it. I hope it turns up somewhere because 1. I want her to have it since I made it FOR HER and 2. It represents all my free time for like 2 months and 3. It's the first thing I have EVER finished!!!

So I'm down today. Other than her having the baby, which is great!! I'm bumming hard today.

post-36556-135897523669_thumb.jpg

Fingers Crossed!

I sent a prayer Shawl out overnight delivery with the USPS. I forgot to check the "no signature required" box and the postman did not leave a card to go to the post office!

It took two weeks to get an overnight package!

Best Wishes to your friend! Keep us posted!

Aww sweetie............... :hug

A little prayer said just now for you... the blankie... and your friend and baby! :hug

:heart

:mug

It was probably delivered to the wrong address. If that's the case, I hope the person who received it will do the right thing. :xfin

I'm sorry it's lost, though!! I made one for a friend once and she didn't get it, didn't get it, didn't get it....I was so frustrated that I called their local post office and asked if there were any packages there that hadn't been claimed. The postal employee said they had a stack of boxes for my friend. Evidently she'd gone out of town the previous month and stopped her packages - then came home and forgot to restart them. :P

I understand that's not the case here - but know you aren't alone in your frustrations!

I hope it turns up soon! :hug

What a bummer and I do hope they can find it for you. I do feel your pain. I have sent out several things and been told they were delivered. The one time it was delivered wrong, it took 2 weeks for the people to send it back.

UPS should be able to help, and hopefully it was not delivered to the wrong address.

The blanket is really pretty and I do hope they find it soon.:hook

Those package delivering companies can be extremely frustrating sometimes. Sorry. The blanket is really cute though. Yay for finishing things!

Nothing yet. But I asked that UPS wait a day or so before contacting them. What with having the baby yesterday and all. I did email them (my friend and her husband) to let them know what was going to happen as far as UPS calling them. I just keep thinking of my pretty little blanket all sad and lonely and lost somewhere... I really shouldn't personify it... it makes me really sad.

FOUND!!! It showed up on my friend's porch TWO DAYS after it was scanned in as being delivered to the porch! Her MIL stopped in at the house to get something for my friend that she needed at the hospital and lo and behold, there it was. She'll get to open it tomorrow when she gets home with baby!

Thanks for all the well wishes. It meant a lot to have people who would understand what it meant to make something and have it lost to share this with.

Archived