Crocheted Rocks

CrochetDad

I recently ran across some crochet-covered rocks on the Internet and decided to try my hand at it. It's really fun and fast. The attached pics are my first attempts. I'm sure they won't be my last - this is really fun. The pattern is loosely based on this free pattern. The largest is approximately 3 inches.

post-13211-13589751783_thumb.jpg

post-13211-135897517833_thumb.jpg

rock cozies in general. The covers are great - they look really good. I don't have to get it as long as you do. lolol

I guess I didn't understand your "I don't get it" comment.

It's probably a matter of personal taste - I have SOME unadorned rocks in my living room as decoration, but I think the crochet-covered versions are a reflection of my love for crochet. They are also a great conversation-starter. I need all the help I can get in that area. :yes

I guess I didn't understand your "I don't get it" comment.

It's probably a matter of personal taste - I have SOME unadorned rocks in my living room as decoration, but I think the crochet-covered versions are a reflection of my love for crochet. They are also a great conversation-starter. I need all the help I can get in that area. :yes

When we moved from NJ to FL we brought our own rocks with us (big grey and orange with sparkly quartz for the landscaping). They don't have rocks down here.

I used to have bowls of rocks and stones out and a few big ones. Never ever thought to 'cozy' them.

ohhhh!!!!! I have an idea - a serious one! Do you remember the old Pet Rocks? You could do a cozy with googly eyes! That would soooooo be a conversation starter.

(I don't get the baby cocoons either. I would much rather use a bunting that opens in the front than try to stuff kicking legs in a sack.:think)

Archived