An Odd Request

My DH has decided that he is going to build me a yarn cabinet to store my stash (or at least MOST of my stash) in. I thought that, rather than paint or stain the doors, it would be cute (since it's a yarn cabinet), if I took labels from as many different kinds of yarn as I can find and do like a decoupage collage of yarn labels to cover the front doors, with a lacquer covering over it to protect the labels and seal them in.

So, to get to my odd request, would everyone who doesn't save labels for their own purposes, please save as many different labels as you can, and mail them to me to cover my doors? I will happily send you postage! I just want as many different types as I can find, so I figured this was the place to come for yarn labels! Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to play! :lol

absolutely!!! I have some old labels from yarn my Aunt gave me.. I will send them your way!!!! PM me your address and they are yours!!!

Your idea is awesome!!!! :U

:heart

:mug

Thank you so much, everyone! I will PM everyone individually who has said that they will send labels! I can't wait to see this project finished either! It will probably not be started until the beginning of March, but I figured it would take me a while to build up all the labels I'll need so I'd better start now! :lol And of course I will take pictures when it's done so everyone can see! I'm wondering now if I should have everyone sign one of the labels! That way it would be a work of art by the citizens of Crochetville! Tell you what - if you want to sign one, go ahead. If not, no problem! Oooh, I like that idea!!! :clap

PM me, I have some very old yarn that was my mom's. You can have those labels. I will just write down on a piece of paper what type of yarn it is and then put it on the skein. And don't worry about sending postage for them. :hook

I am happy to send you some labels, this is a lovely creative idea :)

Please let me know your address if you would like some. Our labels are often not as colourful as the USA ones though.

Dorothy, the signature thing doesn't matter. It was just an afterthought on my part. Thanks so much for getting the labels in the mail so quickly! :hug

I am happy to send you some labels, this is a lovely creative idea :)

Please let me know your address if you would like some. Our labels are often not as colourful as the USA ones though.

Laura, I'm sending you a PM with my address. I don't care that the labels aren't as colorful as the USA ones, that's perfect! It''s the fact that they're from far away that's important! Thank you so much!!

Well, I just finished up an afghan from vintage yarn.

So I will save up labels til March and send them to you. Please remind me at the end of Feb. I have a tendency to forget things. LOL. No need to send postage.

I love your idea.

My yarn stash is so common & a lot of it is rolled into yarn cakes, without labels-- but I think this was a great idea! I can't wait to see photos of it. How sweet of your hubby to build you a yarn cabinet. :manyheart

I may have to copy your idea someday on my yarn cabinet doors. I have fun with decoupage but never thought of doing this. Photos/magazine cut outs of hooks & yarn would be cool too, if someone doesn't have many different types of yarn labels (like me). Even a small wooden box for hooks & such could be done like this as well. Neat idea!

what a fantastic idea...can't wait to see what it looks like!!:cheer I will start saving and also check around with friends in my area that aren't on the ville. Your husband sounds like a great guy...I can't wait to tell my husband about this although I suspect there might be laughing involved instead of him making plans to build me a cabinet. :lol please pm me your address!

Thank you so much, everyone! I THINK I have PMd everyone my name and address who has asked for them. If I've missed anyone, please let me know and I'll PM you. I think this is going to turn out REALLY well! I can't wait to get started on it! Unfortunately, it's going to be another month (at least) until we will have the time to do it, but it's still fun planning it and collecting the labels and getting ready for it! I will DEFINITELY post pictures of it when we're done with it! Thanks again, everyone!

Archived