Butterflies and Roses Filet Shawl

lacy lucy

This shawl pattern is from the book - Jackets , Wraps and More. The pattern is by Kathryn White . Thanks so much for the wonderful pattern, katchkan , I'm so in awe of you and all your work .

I've used no. 6 nylon thread held together with silver metallic sewing thread. The edges are beaded so that it holds shape and doesnt curl in. It took me three weeks and many many nights of headache / dizziness to finish the shawl :D I was in such a tearing hurry to finish this one that I used to spend hours at a time working on it. I'd stop only when I felt too sick and nauseous to continue. After that I had to take a break for a couple of days and then I spread my time on the shawl more evenly through the day.

I am so happy with the finished shawl - I just cant wipe this silly grin off my face :D This is a fantastic pattern - easy , but needing loads of patience . I know I'm short on patience , maybe its more of perseverance in my case - as in I MUST finish what I started .

Thanks for looking !

lucy :)

ps. I tried many times to attach a close up shot of the shawl, but I'm unable to - so I get just this one picture to show off :D

post-11925-13589749799_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous!!

Two questions: Is the book the Jackets, Wraps & More by Carol Frye & Lisa Fosnaugh? And is there a graph for the shawl or just written instructions? Thanks much.

Thankyou!

This is the book : http://www.amazon.com/Jackets-Wraps-More-Carol-Frye/dp/1592171907

To answer your second question, the pattern is charted / graphed . Written instructions are mostly only for special stitches and the beaded edging bit.

lucy

Archived