Playful Kitty/Loop and Tassel Lion Bookmarks (made with ww yarn)

champygirl

Scroll Down for Lion Bookmark. I you find an error please send me a pm. Sorry about the pics, I don't have a digital camera, I got these via scanner. Enjoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Playful Kitty Bookmark

post-11825-13589749735_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl January 18, 2010

Materials:

Worsted Weight yarn in 2 different colors (Cat color and Ball Color)
Size F hook (3.75mm)
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)
Small amount of Polyfil (for ball)
Ribbon (optional)

Finish Size: Cat: 5 ½”h (counting Arm Loop and Tail) x 1 ½”w (at its widest) String and Ball: 29” inches long.

Different Stitches:

Picot- Ch2, sl st in 2nd chain from hook.

Treble Crochet (TC) - Yarn over twice, insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through 2 more loops, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops.

Sc Decrease-Insert hook in next st, yarn over, draw up a loop, insert hook in next st, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through all three loops.

Directions:

Arm Loop: With Cat color ch15, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, sl st in each of the next 13 chains, sl st in 1st sl st to form loop.
(1 loop)

Head: Ch2, 1 hdc in 2nd chain from hook, Picot, 3 hdc in same chain, sl st in Arm Loop, turn so your working on other side of chain, 3 hdc in same chain, Picot, 1 hdc in same chain, join with sl st to first hdc. Ch1 and sl st in between first and last hdc into same chain as hdc is work into.
(8hdc, 2 Picots or ears)

Body: Ch4, (4 Tc, 1 dc, 1hdc, 1sc) all in 4th chain from hook, turn so you’re working on other side of chain, (1 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 3 TC) all in same chain, join with sl st to first TC. Ch11, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, sl st in each of the next 9 chains, sl st in same TC as joining.
(7TC, 2dc, 2hdc,2sc and a tail) (ch11=sl sts counts as cat’s tail)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Ball and String:

Rnd 1: With Ball color Ch2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook, join with sl st to first sc, ch1.
(6sc)

Rnd 2: 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, join with sl st to first sc, ch1.
(8sc)

Rnd 3: 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 7 sts, join with sl st to first sc, ch1.
(8sc)

Rnd 4: 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in next st, sc decrease next 2 sts together, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sc decrease last 2 sts together, join with sl st to first sc.
(6sc)

Stuff ball now.

Rnd5: Sl st in each of the next 7 sts, sl st in next sl st and in sl st across from that one.

String: Ch135, join to cat’s body with sl st.

Finish off and weave in ends.

Optional: If you want you can tie a ribbon onto kitty for decoration.

For use: The String Part goes inside the book. The Kitty lies on the cover of the book towards the top or center. Pull Ball through Arm Loop help keep bookmark in place.

Loop and Tassel Lion Bookmark

Copyright to champygirl January 18, 2010

Materials:

Worsted Weight yarn in 2 different colors (Lion color and Mane Color)
Size F hook (3.75mm)
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Finish Size: Lion: 135”inches long (from Arm Loop to tassel) x 1 ½”w (at its widest)

Different Stitches:

Picot- Ch2, sl st in 2nd chain from hook.

Treble Crochet (TC) - Yarn over twice, insert hook in next st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through 2 more loops, yarn over, pull through last 2 loops.

Directions:

Arm Loop: With Cat color ch15, sl st in 2nd chain from hook, sl st in each of the next 13 chains, sl st in 1st sl st to form loop.
(1 loop)

Head: Ch2, 1 hdc in 2nd chain from hook, Picot, 3 hdc in same chain, sl st in Arm Loop, turn so your working on other side of chain, 3 hdc in same chain, Picot, 1 hdc in same chain, join with sl st to first hdc. Ch1 and sl st in between first and last hdc into same chain as hdc is work into.
(8hdc, 2 Picots or ears)

Body and tail: Ch4, (4 Tc, 1 dc, 1hdc, 1sc) all in 4th chain from hook, turn so you’re working on other side of chain, (1 sc, 1 hdc, 1 dc, 3 TC) all in same chain, join with sl st to first TC. Ch1135, fasten off leaving a 6” inch tail.
(7TC, 2dc, 2hdc, 2sc and a tail) (Ch135 is the lion’s tail)

Finish off and weave in ends on body and head.

Mane: Join Mane color with sl st in joining sl st of head, [ch3, sl st in next hdc] Do this 4 times, ch3, sl st in next sl st, [ch3, sl st in next hdc] Do this 3 times, ch3, join with sl st to first sl st of mane.

Tassel: Cut 6-12"inch strands of yarn in Mane color. Insert hook in last chain made, fold strands of yarn in half over the hook, pull strands and hook through chain (creating a loop with the strands of yarn), take hook out of loop and pull loose ends through loop and pull taut. Make a knot to secure tassel (optional). Trim tassel to make sure it’s even or to desired length.

For use: The Part of the tail goes inside the book. The Lion part lies on the cover of the book towards the top or center. Pull tassel through Arm Loop help keep bookmark in place.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl January 18, 2010. Do not claim these patterns as your own and do not sell the patterns. They are free for a reason. Do not copy and paste patterns to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish items you make. You can sell the finish items, or make them for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

post-11825-135897497338_thumb.jpg

Wow Tahk you Amelia for the ww bookmarks....

These are just tooo darn cute......

How about a Cow I love cows..... i collect cows.....

How about a doggie one tooooo

Pretty please please please pretty please....

hugs

Cute... Cute... Cute!

I'm totally going to need to make a few of those for some gifts!

Thank you for sharing your pattern!

Those are awesome!

:heart

:mug

Aren't they just the sweetest! The only thing cuter would be a "Froggy" bookmark!:P You could make a "fly" on the tail of the bookmark.

WOW, such darling bookmarks. :cheer Thank you for sharing your pattern. I am going to have to make some of these :yes . Your pattern is such a wonderful and unique design, I love it!

these are soooo cute. We have a new library opening next month with an expanded children's area and I think it would be so cute to make some of these for our librarian to give out during the grand opening. Thanks for the pattern

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived