Charity Blast January 21st to 26th....Summary Posted

Needle Arts

Calling all who love to pay it forward. It is the first month of a brand new year. What will you be creating for the charity of your choice this month? Search your patterns, sort your colors, grab those hooks and mark your calendars for the first weekend of :hook weekends of marathon crocheting. Dates to put on your calendar: *** Jan 21 - Jan 26 ***. I'm looking forward to meeting you for the first time, or renewing our spirit with 'ole friends as we whip out those ounces, pounders, meters and yards of yarn.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, our ranks are growing. Okay 'viller's, next question: what color :yarn are you going to be :chook-ing with? I know Winter just started but I'm ready for Spring and lots of color.

I have some lovely chenille in huge hanks that I should try to wind before we start. It's been packed away but I think I have three colors. If I get it out and made into cakes I'll probably do hats. I bought it expecting to do a 'ghan for DH but we've painted the living room/family room since then. It would make a wonderful soft prayer shawl also.

:yay:cheer:clapI am in. I will be working on either lapghans, squares, hats, scarves, RRs, yo-yos or whatever else I can get into for charity. I will mainly be :crocheting with my scrap :yarn and whatever color I just happen to pull out of the basket/tote. :think I have to get all these totes & baskets of scrap down to a minimum.

Good to see you again Needle Arts and thanks for hosting for us!!!!!!!! :hug:hug

I'll shoot for a preemie blanket for sure and maybe and hat and scarf....I'm finally off on-call status then!!!

Well you might as well count me in too as I'm always crocheting for my local animal hospital and now also for Little Mews Mission where i crochet and donate beds and blankies for our beloved furbabies...

I will post photos when i complete.... Count me in...

hugs

Yes, it counts. This is all about giving back....charity of your choice. I often work on more than one project over the weekend to keep my interest high and myself productive. I find it makes me kind of push myself and I like to set a goal of how much I can get done each time I sit down to work. Therefore I have lots of bags of yarn all over the livingroom. Hubby always knows when it is my total charity time and has gotten so that he kind of fends for himself. Now if I could just find someone to cook and clean I'd be really productive.

Glad you are joining us. I'm still undecided what I'll work on this time. Looking at small projects as I'm in need of some instant gradification due to too many WIP's. I have 18 rows of a new hexagon baby blanket done that I started yesterday morning but I need it finished for a gift before we start on Jan 21st.

I am getting my little corner ready for my projects!! I am hoping to do a few granny daughters, couple scarves and possibly a preemie blanket....too bad I have to work.

In reply to your question, as I have the dates of the Thurs/21st - Tues/26th, that would be six days (Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues). It would be helpful if everyone post their totals Tuesday evening so I can quickly check my log on Wednesday morning and post our accomplishments. Do what you can, when you can, for your charity of choice. Darlene

Wow. Can you believe the local shelter has enough scarves and doesn't want more? I honestly thought I would have more time to find other shelters that needed scarves. Off to research... I hate the thought of having to ship them - its an expense I am not prepared for. Ideas? Please?

I'll continue to work on my charity blanket for the homeless shelter's (www.tprojects.org) warming center. Maybe do some more yo-yos, too.

I've almost reached the 4ft width, so I will shoot for that and beginning on the length rows. (I didn't make the beginning rectangle long enough - just guessed.)

I will have to report on Tuesday (01/26) morning since I am not near the computer in the evening. Last time I reported the next day because I had worked up until 11:00pm.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: +3

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

January Charity Blast – 01/21-01/26

I'm jumping in too. I haven't been doing much charity stitching lately and really need to start again. I think I'll be working on baby items for a shelter for homeless women and their children.

Archived