Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roundpeg and Happy Stitcher - your ghans cam out beautifully! you did a great job in finishing them!

I have tried to work on the thread, but it kept getting blurry.... I went to the eye doctor, and lo and behold... I need glasses! They will be in on Friday... I can't wait!:clap

My poor little project is so :( that I haven't been around to play with it! I need to get back to it, before it feels completely abandoned!:lol

I added an edging to it yesterday, it was chilly here so I just stayed in bed under it and crocheted. I ran out of the final color about 18" from the end. Sheesh. It is a one pounder that I can't find locally, I hate to order it online for just a few feet of yarn. But, I probably will and I can use it and what I have left over of the solids to make a pillow cover.

I can't find my tape measure, but it covers my queen size bed. I really like it, I think I will look for a burgundy dust ruffle for the bed to match.

post-40006-135897582241_thumb.jpg

I added an edging to it yesterday, it was chilly here so I just stayed in bed under it and crocheted. I ran out of the final color about 18" from the end. Sheesh. It is a one pounder that I can't find locally, I hate to order it online for just a few feet of yarn. But, I probably will and I can use it and what I have left over of the solids to make a pillow cover.

I can't find my tape measure, but it covers my queen size bed. I really like it, I think I will look for a burgundy dust ruffle for the bed to match.

I love the edging!!! It's looks great! If you ever write it up let me know!!!

through round 65 of 81. I'm very happy with the colors in this one.

[ATTACH]28370[/ATTACH]

I love the different browns!!

Round peg....I love your Laces and Bobbles....It looks so happy with the nice colors very well combined.........MSMUSIC....I love it ...those colors go so well togeher..its looks so perfectly squared. great work , both of you .

• 3 months later...

Well sorry it's been so long since I posted anything here but I had to frog my first one and I just recently started my second attempt. I am on row 47 or maybe 48 and it's coming along great! I had to restart it because my first attempt was missing some stitches somehow and so far no oopsibibbles on this second one :P.

post-38400-135897617601_thumb.jpg

Wow! Everybody's doing such a great job on their afghans! I've really enjoyed the one I made. I spread it out on the couch every chance I get to sit down and crochet! :manyheart

I have a cousin expecting, and I've decided that if it's a girl I'm going to make this pattern in lightweight pastels, and if it's a boy I'm going to do the Afghan of the Sandman from Crochet Garden. :yes

Well I've had to put mine on hold for a bit since I don't have a Meijer or any places that sell yarn near me and I have no car atm and the yarn I need is only sold at Meijer's and craft shops or online but I don't have the money for that right now :P. But I think I am on like row 65 or so and I will post another pic sometime later tonight.

• 8 months later...

Soon, I plan to work on mine while I work on other projects. (xmas commitments, anyone?)

Right now, I am resorting my WIPs in my stash. I hope to commit a night per week to this afghan. It's more likely that it will be finished sometimes in 2012.

I just wonder if anyone still do this afghan ? I will post my updates here anyway. :)

Soon, I plan to work on mine while I work on other projects. (xmas commitments, anyone?)

Right now, I am resorting my WIPs in my stash. I hope to commit a night per week to this afghan. It's more likely that it will be finished sometimes in 2012.

I just wonder if anyone still do this afghan ? I will post my updates here anyway. :)

Hiya!

I am not working on one at the moment. The one I started got put away through the hot summer, maybe it will get brought out again after the new year when it cools down.

Definitely post updates!

Hiya!

I am not working on one at the moment. The one I started got put away through the hot summer, maybe it will get brought out again after the new year when it cools down.

Definitely post updates!

Ah ok, good to know that I am not alone. At the moment, I decide to work on my christmas gift commitments and 2 WIPs (to avoid holidays crafting burnout).

When I get some breathing space, I will work on this project beside few WIPs and a selfish project. (My birthday present, Dec 10th treat!) :manyheart

I guess I might do same, saving this project until the beginning of 2012. Please let me know if you plan to continue this CAL into 2012. :)

Archived