Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

Another update - this is at the end of round 50 last night:

[ATTACH]27155[/ATTACH]

It's moving along faster than the last one I made! I need to have thsi one done by mid-October. I'm shooting for the end of Sept. as my finish date.

I love your colors. I just might have to do one for myself in these colors.

Has anyone used a bulky weight yarn like homespun?

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have finished row 37, I wish the colors came out true, my pics look too Christmas-y.

I am using RHSS and Caron SS which seems to be causing a little trouble since the two yarns are such different textures. But, hopefully, it will all come out all right in the wash!

Hmmm, haven't seen a Christmas color one of these yet ... that would be very pretty!

I love your colors. I just might have to do one for myself in these colors.

Has anyone used a bulky weight yarn like homespun?

No, haven't tried homespun with this afghan. But you'd probably want to consider doing fewer rounds since a finished one in worsted is just over 5 ft. square.

OK! Here's my version!

I didn't use as many colors as the pattern calls for, and therefore didn't keep to the order the pattern said, either. I also changed colors once or twice when it didn't say to, and at least once I didn't change colors when told.

The pattern says to use an H hook, but I used an I. I think that in order to get the more open look that the picture in the book has, I'd have to use a J hook. I crochet tightly, and my afghan is a bit smaller than their version, even with a larger hook. :P

I took the pictures outside so that the colors would be true. I like it very much, but DD hates it! She asked me if I was really going to put that in our den! :lol DH said we should hang it over the couch just to see her face when she walked into the room and saw it there! :devil

The colors are:

ILTY - # 155 Paprika

ILTY - # 1330 Dark Olive

TLC - # 2368 Dark Brown

TLC - # 2335 Taupe

TLC - # 2673 Medium Thyme

Vanna's Choice - # 133 Brick

Bernat Super Value - # 07414 Natural

Red Heart SS - # 0334 Buff

post-8399-135897577105_thumb.jpg

post-8399-135897577109_thumb.jpg

post-8399-135897577112_thumb.jpg

:hug Thank you everybody! I haven't made something just for the sake of making it in quite awhile. I'm usually making gifts, and for awhile now I've been focusing on WIPs. This was just what I needed to feel inspired and creative again! This one is for me! :manyheart

i love the colors and it reminds me of Christmas

Really? I don't think of Christmas at all when I look at it. Hmmm.... :think

OK! Here's my version!

I didn't use as many colors as the pattern calls for, and therefore didn't keep to the order the pattern said, either. I also changed colors once or twice when it didn't say to, and at least once I didn't change colors when told.

The pattern says to use an H hook, but I used an I. I think that in order to get the more open look that the picture in the book has, I'd have to use a J hook. I crochet tightly, and my afghan is a bit smaller than their version, even with a larger hook. :P

I took the pictures outside so that the colors would be true. I like it very much, but DD hates it! She asked me if I was really going to put that in our den! :lol DH said we should hang it over the couch just to see her face when she walked into the room and saw it there! :devil

The colors are:

ILTY - # 155 Paprika

ILTY - # 1330 Dark Olive

TLC - # 2368 Dark Brown

TLC - # 2335 Taupe

It's gorgeous!! Great color combos

OK! Here's my version!

The colors are:

ILTY - # 155 Paprika

ILTY - # 1330 Dark Olive

TLC - # 2368 Dark Brown

TLC - # 2335 Taupe

I love the colors! Its beautiful! And I'd hang it on the wall too!! LOL

Archived