Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

Melissa, THANK YOU for taking the time out to go to WM and write down the colors of the yarn that you are using for your beauty!!! I'm going to go and buy my yarn soon and begin one for my brother as his Christmas gift. He will absolutely LOVE those colors. Hopefully, I won't keep it after it's finished...:) Hugs!! :hook

Not a problem at all. Your very welcome!! I'm glad you like the colors I picked and am happy to share them with you! :hug:D:hook:manyheart

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got started yesterday. I may have to call mine "inspired" by lace and bobbles. My counts are off, my edges are wonky, but I feel confident it will all work out in the end.

The pic is a bad representation of the colors. I am using Evening Jewels ombre by Caron and some solids to coordinate.

post-40006-135897570935_thumb.jpg

Well, I have progress to show on my second one of these. This one I am donating as a silent auction item at a fundraiser for the hospital I work for:

post-5630-135897571453_thumb.jpg

This is through round 31 (I think) ... I'm now up to round 42 ... will post another pic at the end of the week.

I got started yesterday. I may have to call mine "inspired" by lace and bobbles. My counts are off, my edges are wonky, but I feel confident it will all work out in the end.

The pic is a bad representation of the colors. I am using Evening Jewels ombre by Caron and some solids to coordinate.

lol I do that a lot just kinda fudge it. I haven't on this though because I've wanted to make it for SOO long! So I'm determined to make it sans fudge. lol But I think yours is turning out good so far. It's very addicting!!

Well, I have progress to show on my second one of these. This one I am donating as a silent auction item at a fundraiser for the hospital I work for:

[ATTACH]26706[/ATTACH]

This is through round 31 (I think) ... I'm now up to round 42 ... will post another pic at the end of the week.

I love the colors. I want to make one for my mom in shades of brown to match her couch. But I'm slow going on these because I work full time and sometimes i just don't have the motivation. lol I can't wait to see progress!

Arrrggg......I LOVE this pattern!! The progress pictures are wonderful!!!! I want to do this so bad - but I'm stopping myself - not until I finish my Babette Blanket.....

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!!

Well, I couldn't resist....

I have several projects I need to finish, and I promised myself that I wouldn't start anything else, but......well..... I was just so weak! :shrug

Last week we went to a football game about 5 hours away, and I was at a loss as to what to bring with me to work on in the car. My current projects wouldn't have been easy to carry. So I reasoned that if I started this project, it wouldn't get too big until after we got home! :lol

I'm on row 61 right now. I'm trying to hurry so that I can get back to my other projects. Only twenty more rows! :D

I have several projects I need to finish, and I promised myself that I wouldn't start anything else, but......well..... I was just so weak! :shrug

Last week we went to a football game about 5 hours away, and I was at a loss as to what to bring with me to work on in the car. My current projects wouldn't have been easy to carry. So I reasoned that if I started this project, it wouldn't get too big until after we got home! :lol

I'm on row 61 right now. I'm trying to hurry so that I can get back to my other projects. Only twenty more rows! :D

I have the same problem! lol I feel your pain! :lol

Arrrggg......I LOVE this pattern!! The progress pictures are wonderful!!!! I want to do this so bad - but I'm stopping myself - not until I finish my Babette Blanket.....

Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!!

You sound like me, I just couldn't get a hold of the book for the longest time!

I have finished row 37, I wish the colors came out true, my pics look too Christmas-y.

I am using RHSS and Caron SS which seems to be causing a little trouble since the two yarns are such different textures. But, hopefully, it will all come out all right in the wash!

post-40006-13589757215_thumb.jpg

I am determined to finish this this weekend.... The thread is fun, but I am itching to play with yarn again!:D

:cheer You can do it!! & I can't wait to see =-]

I have finished row 37, I wish the colors came out true, my pics look too Christmas-y.

I am using RHSS and Caron SS which seems to be causing a little trouble since the two yarns are such different textures. But, hopefully, it will all come out all right in the wash!

It's look good so far. Have you tried taking a picture outside?

Whoooohoo!! Another one we caught! LOL

Be sure to post pics!

I finished the first row of bobbles yesterday. I am not loving one of the colors I have in there (the purple in the middle) so I made the bobbles in the purple to make it look less like something I regret. Oddly, I like it better now!

I have had that happen to me soooo many times. I think about frogging it.

I am disliking a color etc but then suddenly it all works.

Another update - this is at the end of round 50 last night:

[ATTACH]27155[/ATTACH]

It's moving along faster than the last one I made! I need to have thsi one done by mid-October. I'm shooting for the end of Sept. as my finish date.

Gorgeous!!

[ATTACH]27155[/ATTACH]

It's moving along faster than the last one I made! I need to have thsi one done by mid-October. I'm shooting for the end of Sept. as my finish date.

:drool:drool:drool! that is stunning!

[ATTACH]27155[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous colors!!!! Im sure you will make your goal!!!

Another update - this is at the end of round 50 last night: ...... It's moving along faster than the last one I made! I need to have thsi one done by mid-October. I'm shooting for the end of Sept. as my finish date.

I really like the varigated in the center square! That looks nice! :cheer

[ATTACH]27155[/ATTACH]

It's looking good!! unfortunately I haven't touched mine :lol

Archived