Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

I am finishing up my project for the Charity CAL, and then want to get back to "threading":lol .... My problem is, who will be the recipient of it when finished: My mom, my MIL, a friend, or dare I keep it for me???? decisions, decisions!

I hope you are all having a great day!

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I finally finished a baby one of these! I use Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn and a "G" hook. I made a couple row changes because I didn't like the bobbles. Hope you all like it!

It's beautiful!

so I finished the bobble row. Where your drop the yarn... finally:yes. I put it down mid bobbles because I was a bit intidimated by it. And didn't look at it for like three weeks or more:eek and just now I just picked it up and finished the bobbles and picked up the first color like I knew how to do it all along... lol It only took me like 20 mins to do and I'm ready for the next round. I'm going to start it at work tomorrow. I like to take things to work to show off and I need to bring in this before it get too big.:D & A girl I work with saw a picture of it on my facebook and wants to see it in person. So to work it shall go!! I just wish I wouldn't have freaked out about that bobble part and just went with it. I would have realized that it wasn't hard at all... stupid me!:blush I'll try to post a picture tomorrow of the progress.

Melissa that is really pretty and nice colors. I just read your blog. I hope you are feeling better and it's to bad your boss isn't more sensative to your condition.

Thank you! I'm running out of yarn for it I really hope dh and I can afford some more this check! & as for my boss well yea he sucks. lol :lol

So as painful as it sounds I had to start mine over completely O.o! That was alot of frogging. But I am already almost to where I was before so it should be back to where it was in no time.

Didn't get a picture all laid out yet but I got a bit more done on it :D

Melissa, what colors are you using for your Stitch Sample afghan? I LOVE those colors, and would like to make one similar to yours for my brother for Christmas. Thanks!!

Hugs

Melissa, what colors are you using for your Stitch Sample afghan? I LOVE those colors, and would like to make one similar to yours for my brother for Christmas. Thanks!!

Hugs

I am useing red heart shades of blue and purple. & the teal color. Next time I'm in walmart I'll try and write the colors down for you

Didn't get a picture all laid out yet but I got a bit more done on it :D

I love, love the colors, its coming out beautiful!!!

So as painful as it sounds I had to start mine over completely O.o! That was alot of frogging. But I am already almost to where I was before so it should be back to where it was in no time.

:cheer:cheer Its so nice to have progress! Cant wait to see pics!

Sweetpossibilities & Melissa - how's it going? are you making progress?

I am on round 53. It's taking long with thread, but I like how it's turning out.

I haven't worked on it too much because I was running out of yarn. I spent some time with Erin last night (sweetpossibilities) and she was so kind and bought me one skein of almost every color in my blanket!!!:eek So I'm able to work on it again. I've been having some money issues lately So I can't wait to get going on it again.

I haven't worked on it too much because I was running out of yarn. I spent some time with Erin last night (sweetpossibilities) and she was so kind and bought me one skein of almost every color in my blanket!!!:eek So I'm able to work on it again. I've been having some money issues lately So I can't wait to get going on it again.

How nice that you got to meet up, and that you got a very nice gift! Did you know each other already?

How nice that you got to meet up, and that you got a very nice gift! Did you know each other already?

Yes we did. I actually introduced her to the ville. We met through a mutual friend a couple years ago, and we hit it off, she's a very close friend of mine. We try to make it a point to get together once a week and crochet, chat yarn, gossip, and drink smoothies and or frappes =-]:yarn Although this week's a double treat as she's comming over tonight as well. =-]

Yes we did. I actually introduced her to the ville. We met through a mutual friend a couple years ago, and we hit it off, she's a very close friend of mine. We try to make it a point to get together once a week and crochet, chat yarn, gossip, and drink smoothies and or frappes =-]:yarn Although this week's a double treat as she's comming over tonight as well. =-]

And tonight ;) lol. My progress is slow going since I had to start over. I messed up somewhere along the way and I was missing some stitches. But I am doing pretty well I can't wait to get as far as Melissa is and then have it done :D!!!

And tonight ;) lol. My progress is slow going since I had to start over. I messed up somewhere along the way and I was missing some stitches. But I am doing pretty well I can't wait to get as far as Melissa is and then have it done :D!!!

You'll probably beat me. :lol With work I don't always get to work on it that much. I had to stop taking it to work with me becaue it was getting too big.:eek

I just received my book/pattern and I am eager to get started on this. I need to finish up a quick project, but I hope start this week. I am thinking jewel tones, I have an ombre and several solids I want to use.

yay the more the merrier I can't wait to see the colors you pick out!:hug

Melissa, THANK YOU for taking the time out to go to WM and write down the colors of the yarn that you are using for your beauty!!! I'm going to go and buy my yarn soon and begin one for my brother as his Christmas gift. He will absolutely LOVE those colors. Hopefully, I won't keep it after it's finished...:) Hugs!! :hook

Archived