Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

Alright - I broke down and just had to get this pattern after seeing the gorgeous blankets!

Started last night and just couldn't convince myself to only do a few rows! I had to stop after row 22 so I could get up this morning. Can't wait to get home and start again!!

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright - I broke down and just had to get this pattern after seeing the gorgeous blankets!

Started last night and just couldn't convince myself to only do a few rows! I had to stop after row 22 so I could get up this morning. Can't wait to get home and start again!!

Welcome to the CAL!

that is the secret to this pattern, 'just one more row" because each row is different! It just keeps it going.

I am *not* an afghan maker usually, I just get bored and dont finish So they have to be squares or .. This one!! lol

Im completely addicted

Be sure to share pics as you go along!

Thank you, Kath! And thank you for the inspiration! :)

Row 40 already? -Way to sail! I look forward to seeing your baby pastel sampler when you've finished. :yes

"Only do a few rows" :lol

Tricia, you've got that right, there'd be no stopping if it weren't for life getting in the way. This pattern definitely has a certain momentum built in! Have fun!

Love this pattern! I have looked thru my book stash and can't find either of the 2 books listed so now have to go on a pattern hunt! I'll join you all when I get the pattern! I have a deadline on some baby things I have been making, have to do 3 or 4 tea towels and have 2 book bags to make too before school starts. Don't know what I'd do if I didn't have multiple projects going all at once! lol

I've looked through the pictures, and this is a really beautiful pattern. I found the book at my library and made a copy of the pattern. I'm going to start this, and because everyone has said that it is really fun and interesting I'm going to use it to help motivate me to exercise so I can lose the baby weight from my last pregnancy.

I've looked through the pictures, and this is a really beautiful pattern. I found the book at my library and made a copy of the pattern. I'm going to start this, and because everyone has said that it is really fun and interesting I'm going to use it to help motivate me to exercise so I can lose the baby weight from my last pregnancy.

We are glad to have you join us!

What kind of colors are you going to use?

Be sure to share pictures as you go along!

We are glad to have you join us!

What kind of colors are you going to use?

Be sure to share pictures as you go along!

I've decided I'm going to make this one for my mom. She complained that I make stuff for everyone else and not for her. She has brown leather couches and had said that she would want it to match. I'm working with brown and peach right now. I'll get a picture up as soon as I get to row 20, I'm on row 12 right now.

I've decided I'm going to make this one for my mom. She complained that I make stuff for everyone else and not for her. She has brown leather couches and had said that she would want it to match. I'm working with brown and peach right now. I'll get a picture up as soon as I get to row 20, I'm on row 12 right now.

Oh my, please do share a picture of your progress. I should get one going too. I'm all excited now.

Ok ladies, I have a question. Forgive me if it has been posted anywhere in this CAL before but I want to make one of these for a baby. I would like to use Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn. What size hook do you think I should use? I would like the "holes" to be closer together so little fingers and toes will stay covered.

Ok ladies, I have a question. Forgive me if it has been posted anywhere in this CAL before but I want to make one of these for a baby. I would like to use Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn. What size hook do you think I should use? I would like the "holes" to be closer together so little fingers and toes will stay covered.

Ok let me look up this yarn (short pause)

Ok it lists it as a chunky. So I'd stick with H or go up to an I

If you want it really close you could go down to a G if your hand can handle it.

Some of the rounds do have very large gaps, so you arent going to get rid of them but its a very snuggly warm afghan because of the textures.

Be sure to share some pics!

*wilts*

I didn't get a lot done on it today or yesterday, up to row 57.

It just was too warm today even in front of the AC now that its large. So I am reduced to a few rows in the mornings when its cooled.

These last 20 rows are the longest, so hopefully I can chug along this week.

I am using several different types baby weight yarn. I am using a G hook my blanket measures 31" after row 56. Because of the lacey patterns there are still some holes, I have found in the past children like the holes.

I have never posted a picture here before, is there something special I have to do? I'd love to show off my work.

Nothing special at all!

Hit reply at the bottom right, scroll down and you will see

"manage attachments", you can put your pictures in a message with that!

Cant wait to see!

here goes nothing I hope my picture will show up

Marci, your Stitch Sampler is really coming along! -It is so pretty! I love your light and cheery colors...beautifully "girlie"; beautifully done! Sure to brighten a little one's world. :)

Just finished round 20 and as promised here is a picture update :-)

Ooo, Jennifer, you are off to a beautiful start! -Enjoy each and every round and color change. Looking forward to seeing how your Stitch Sampler grows!

Archived