Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

Guess what book I got today!!!?? Erin (sweetpossibilities) bought it for me while we were out shopping today!! I never run into and I'm so excited to finally have it. & I already have a question. When it says loop a short piece of yarn around any stitch to mark last round as right side what does that mean exactly?

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess what book I got today!!!?? Erin (sweetpossibilities) bought it for me while we were out shopping today!! I never run into and I'm so excited to finally have it. & I already have a question. When it says loop a short piece of yarn around any stitch to mark last round as right side what does that mean exactly?

You want to add the yarn to make sure that when you join new colors you add it to the same side, kind of like a stitch marker to show you which side is the front. I just made a note of which side my center tail is hanging out of so I know which side is the front. You could also tell which side is the front because it will have ridges that seperate the rows and the back wont.

You want to add the yarn to make sure that when you join new colors you add it to the same side, kind of like a stitch marker to show you which side is the front. I just made a note of which side my center tail is hanging out of so I know which side is the front. You could also tell which side is the front because it will have ridges that seperate the rows and the back wont.

Ah gotcha I feel dumb now. :blush yea I didn't do but I can tell so it's all good. I'm SOOO excited I started it and so far I absolutely LOVE it!!:hook

Everytime I try to take a picture it doesn't come out right... :lol I'm useing any blue/purple I have and it has that real bright purple from redheart in it and it's comming up blue in pictures or washing out the whole thing.

Everytime I try to take a picture it doesn't come out right... :lol I'm useing any blue/purple I have and it has that real bright purple from redheart in it and it's comming up blue in pictures or washing out the whole thing.

Have you tried taking a picture without the flash. I find that the colors look more like they are suppose to if my flash isn't on.

Have you tried taking a picture without the flash. I find that the colors look more like they are suppose to if my flash isn't on.

I'm attempting it on a cell phone. I havn't been able to find my camera since I moved. :lol Usually I just upload it to facebook mobile and add an attachment here but. Maybe I'll try laying it outside on the patio later.

Okay... I have yet another question. I'm at the note after round 19.. I'm confused. I get that you skip a stitch and thengo back but how exactly to you double crochet around it and I'm at a corner do I skip the ch 3 sp then go back to it or... I feel so dumb with so many questions. but I've never done this stitch before

First, I double crochet in the stitch that I skipped, then I cross the hook in front of the dc that I just made, and insert the hook from back to front in the loop behind it. Also, you don't do the cross stitch in the corner.

I had a 12 inch square that I was going to mail out but hadn't found a person for it yet. My mom came over and looked at it and kept saying how much she really liked it, so I decided to make it into a stitch sampler blanket for her instead, and make the other one for my mother in law. Here is my progress so far.

post-37603-13589754694_thumb.jpg

First, I double crochet in the stitch that I skipped, then I cross the hook in front of the dc that I just made, and insert the hook from back to front in the loop behind it. Also, you don't do the cross stitch in the corner.

I had a 12 inch square that I was going to mail out but hadn't found a person for it yet. My mom came over and looked at it and kept saying how much she really liked it, so I decided to make it into a stitch sampler blanket for her instead, and make the other one for my mother in law. Here is my progress so far.

thanks for you answer. I finally figured it out after reading round 20 over and was like ... "ooooha' lol but I still screwed up somewhere I have like 22 cross stitches instead of 15... :blush But this is my practice run I'm just gonna go with it fudge it when I need to and get through the pattern. my next one will hopefully go more smoothly once I have a better understanding for the pattern.

& I LOVE those colors by the way. almost forgot to mention that! :hook

What a fantastic idea!!!

thanks for you answer. I finally figured it out after reading round 20 over and was like ... "ooooha' lol but I still screwed up somewhere I have like 22 cross stitches instead of 15... :blush But this is my practice run I'm just gonna go with it fudge it when I need to and get through the pattern. my next one will hopefully go more smoothly once I have a better understanding for the pattern.

What a lot of people miss when doing the cross stitch row is that it tells you to skip a sc, *Then* do the cross stitch which skips another sc. So you are really skipping two stitchs and doing a dc in the 3rd, then in the second.

Hope that helps too!

What a lot of people miss when doing the cross stitch row is that it tells you to skip a sc, *Then* do the cross stitch which skips another sc. So you are really skipping two stitchs and doing a dc in the 3rd, then in the second.

Hope that helps too!

hmmm... I might just rip that out then and try that part again... thanks for the info.

My goodness...I haven't looked at this thread for a while. I finished my afghan back in February, and then life got very busy. Some of the pictures I'm seeing are "gorgeous"! Keep up the good work!

My goodness...I haven't looked at this thread for a while. I finished my afghan back in February, and then life got very busy. Some of the pictures I'm seeing are "gorgeous"! Keep up the good work!

Just to make it easier, all pictures that I could find are now linked in the first post!

I finished my Stitch Sampler on Monday. I really enjoyed this pattern and can see me coming back to it again.

This afghan means so much to me - the yarn is left over from a project my grandmother didn't get to finish before she passed. After I finished her project, I couldn't bear to part with the scraps. This blanket will hold a special place in my heart. :manyheart

post-33588-135897547644_thumb.jpg

I finished my Stitch Sampler on Monday. I really enjoyed this pattern and can see me coming back to it again.

This afghan means so much to me - the yarn is left over from a project my grandmother didn't get to finish before she passed. After I finished her project, I couldn't bear to part with the scraps. This blanket will hold a special place in my heart. :manyheart

That turned out beautiful

I just got my book a few days ago and I would love to join this cal. I've already started my stitch sampler blanket and it's so addicting I now know why Mel couldn't put hers down lol. I"m doing mine is Greens, Purples, Pinks and Blues.

Archived