Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

Progress. I had to rip those rows to fix the cross stitches. So I put it down for a few days then came back to it and did 6 rows tonight :lol I wanted to do more but I really needed to start some laundry and take a shower. :rofl

post-33123-135897548395_thumb.jpg

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finished my Stitch Sampler on Monday. I really enjoyed this pattern and can see me coming back to it again.

This afghan means so much to me - the yarn is left over from a project my grandmother didn't get to finish before she passed. After I finished her project, I couldn't bear to part with the scraps. This blanket will hold a special place in my heart. :manyheart

What a wonderful thing! A gorgeous afghan with wonderful memories to boot!! It came out gorgeous!!

I just got my book a few days ago and I would love to join this cal. I've already started my stitch sampler blanket and it's so addicting I now know why Mel couldn't put hers down lol. I"m doing mine is Greens, Purples, Pinks and Blues.

Awesome! Can't wait to see picutures!!

Progress. I had to rip those rows to fix the cross stitches. So I put it down for a few days then came back to it and did 6 rows tonight :lol I wanted to do more but I really needed to start some laundry and take a shower. :rofl

LOL they are very addicting! It's coming out great!

Well here's my first pic of my stitch sampler afghan. My camera phone is horrible but the colors are mint green, purple, light pink, cerulean blue, hunter green, a different purple, mint green and then purple again.

post-38400-135897548573_thumb.jpg

Well here's my first pic of my stitch sampler afghan. My camera phone is horrible but the colors are mint green, purple, light pink, cerulean blue, hunter green, a different purple, mint green and then purple again.

Wow if thats terrible, im shocked!! Those colors are so royal! It's beautiful!!!!

yeah I can't seem to get the flash on my phone to work right so it either comes out way too bright or way too dark and that was the best picture I got lol. Tyvm I'm pretty happy with how well it is coming out I was afraid to try it because I don't know all the stitches for crochet yet and I know it's called the stitch sampler afghan. But so far I haven't really hit a snag.

yeah I can't seem to get the flash on my phone to work right so it either comes out way too bright or way too dark and that was the best picture I got lol. Tyvm I'm pretty happy with how well it is coming out I was afraid to try it because I don't know all the stitches for crochet yet and I know it's called the stitch sampler afghan. But so far I haven't really hit a snag.

Im sure you will do fine and we are here if you hit any snags, its quite easy so Im sure you will wonderful!

I decided to try one with the original colors listed in the pattern, at least as close as I could get to them. This is what I have so far. It's a mix of Red Heart Super Saver yarn and Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn.

post-414-1358975508_thumb.jpg

I decided to try one with the original colors listed in the pattern, at least as close as I could get to them. This is what I have so far. It's a mix of Red Heart Super Saver yarn and Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn.

That's coming out beautiful!! You can't go wrong with any colors!

I am finished and just love the way it has turned out. I used baby weight yarn and a G hook the final measurement is 40". I stopped after row 68 and did 1 row of shells as a border.

post-18026-135897550845_thumb.jpg

I wish I could say I was further along with mine but unfortunately I bite off more than I can chew and atm I am working on one of my many other wips O.o!

It happens, but be careful! If you leave it alone too long it starts talking to you, and then if you leave it alone after that it will start saying bad things about you behind your back!:yes:lol

I am finished and just love the way it has turned out. I used baby weight yarn and a G hook the final measurement is 40". I stopped after row 68 and did 1 row of shells as a border.

OH! This came out beautiful!!! Great job! Love it in baby colors!

That is gorgeous! I am working on a baby one at the moment as well. May I ask what kind of yarn you used? Love your colors and the combination of them!

hi, all...

I have been MIA from this CAL for a long time, but I wanted to drop by ant let you all know that your 'ghans are truly gorgeous!

I also wanted to share with you the size 10 thread version I have been working on. the color is "natural", and I am up to round 42. It is coming to the beach with me on vacation next week!

I hope that life is treating you all well...

:manyheart

post-4747-135897551375_thumb.jpg

post-4747-135897551377_thumb.jpg

Here is number 5, used up that bag of ancient, acrylic in 60s colors. The center yarn was something unusual apparently because it fuzzed up a lot so it looks out of place, but oh well! LOL

wow I love this one in the yellows.......

next one I'm starting is going to be in beiges, cream, black and mauve....

it's always a surprise on how they turn out...

Linda

It happens, but be careful! If you leave it alone too long it starts talking to you, and then if you leave it alone after that it will start saying bad things about you behind your back!:yes:lol

Lol it's already starting to talk to me and it's making me feel bad about leaving it for a while. I might actually be picking it up again here soon because my other afghan is so repetitive O.o.

That is gorgeous! I am working on a baby one at the moment as well. May I ask what kind of yarn you used? Love your colors and the combination of them!

the brighter purple and green are LB Microspun, pink is LB Babysoft the peach and pale yellow are Hobby Lobby white and lavernder are are Bernat. As you can see I made good use of my stash.

hi, all...

I have been MIA from this CAL for a long time, but I wanted to drop by ant let you all know that your 'ghans are truly gorgeous!

I also wanted to share with you the size 10 thread version I have been working on. the color is "natural", and I am up to round 42. It is coming to the beach with me on vacation next week!

I hope that life is treating you all well...

:manyheart

This is ... wow.. sooo gorgeous and antique looking, you are doing a beautiful job!

Lol it's already starting to talk to me and it's making me feel bad about leaving it for a while. I might actually be picking it up again here soon because my other afghan is so repetitive O.o.

That is why I am so addicted to this pattern, you don't get bored. I don't do well at all with repetitive afghan stitchs.

Archived