Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

Here is my Stitch Sampler - 57 rows done. This pic washes the colors out some, but I'm not going to try to get a better one tonight! :blush

Pretty, pretty! Love the light and breezy colors you chose for your Stitch Sampler, PAndrus. Beautifully done! :yes

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ran out of peach yarn so I thought I would put up an update picture even though I only made it to row 28. I have to wait to buy more yarn until I use up some of my other yarn on WIPs. Hopefully I can go get more by the end of the week! :hook

gorgeous! Hope you get your yarn soon!

Dear Kath and CAL friends,

I'm a newbie in Ville. I wud love to join u guys in CAL. I found this thread a couple of days back. I liked the throw very much. I love to use multiple colors and love to learn different stitch varieties and this throw is very apt for a person of my taste.

I ordered the book from my local library and got it today. Yay...Im gonna start now!

If u have any suggestions on colors/combinations pls advise me.

Thanks.

Monica

Dear Kath and CAL friends,

I'm a newbie in Ville. I wud love to join u guys in CAL. I found this thread a couple of days back. I liked the throw very much. I love to use multiple colors and love to learn different stitch varieties and this throw is very apt for a person of my taste.

I ordered the book from my local library and got it today. Yay...Im gonna start now!

If u have any suggestions on colors/combinations pls advise me.

Thanks.

Monica

Hi Monica! Welcome!

We would love to have you join us!

I will be honest with you. You can't go wrong with any colors with this pattern.

Ive done one in the ugliest colors on the planet and it works.

Some folks did 2 color, some 10.

They all work.

Because of the textures in this afghan all colors work together just wonderfully, its kind of a miracle of the pattern!

Have fun and be sure to share pics!

Hi Monica! Welcome!

We would love to have you join us!

I will be honest with you. You can't go wrong with any colors with this pattern.

Ive done one in the ugliest colors on the planet and it works.

Some folks did 2 color, some 10.

They all work.

Because of the textures in this afghan all colors work together just wonderfully, its kind of a miracle of the pattern!

Have fun and be sure to share pics!

Thanks for the welcome Kath!

I also agree with what u have mentioned about colors. I'm in Row#14 now. Im doing with my own colors and I feel it looks good so far! Yes, thats a good thing abt the pattern!

Thanks.

Monica

Thanks for the welcome Kath!

I also agree with what u have mentioned about colors. I'm in Row#14 now. Im doing with my own colors and I feel it looks good so far! Yes, thats a good thing abt the pattern!

Thanks.

Monica

Ive done a few and part way through I wasnt sure about the colors, but kept going and somehow as you go alone it just works.

Here is a more current pic of my afghan - I'm working on row 69 now. I think I'm going to run out of yarn before I get to the end of the pattern, but it'll still be large enough. I love this pattern! :clap

post-33588-135897545945_thumb.jpg

Here is a more current pic of my afghan - I'm working on row 69 now. I think I'm going to run out of yarn before I get to the end of the pattern, but it'll still be large enough. I love this pattern! :clap

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pic, I love the colors!!

Very nice! I love how your colors worked out!

Here is the one I just finished in baby colors to use up baby yarn I have.

This is #6 this year. LOL

Just so everyone knows, I have edited the first post and put in all the links to pictures I could find in the thread so they are in one place for folks just reading the thread.

If I missed any please let me know.

Hugs

Kath

I lvoe the baby colors, it's beautiful! Thank you for putting all of the pictures in the first post, I only got through a few pages looking through pictures before and gave up to look at the flckr ones. I just finished looking through all the pics, and I love the way this blanket looks.

Oo, you did it again! -Kath, #6 is gorgeous!! -So soft and sweet in the baby pastels.

I lvoe the baby colors, it's beautiful! Thank you for putting all of the pictures in the first post, I only got through a few pages looking through pictures before and gave up to look at the flckr ones. I just finished looking through all the pics, and I love the way this blanket looks.

Glad it was helpful! I never for the life of me thought this CAL would take off the way it did. So it was time to make it a little more organized.

Oo, you did it again! -Kath, #6 is gorgeous!! -So soft and sweet in the baby pastels.

Thanks Jeanne! It's in the dryer at the moment! I hope its as soft and yummy as it looks!

Pretty! Pretty! Beautiful colors!

Just so everyone knows, I have edited the first post and put in all the links to pictures I could find in the thread so they are in one place for folks just reading the thread.

Hugs

Kath

I was looking for the pictures every day in each page. Consolidated links will help the newcomers like me to glimpse at others afghans. Also it will attract new members to join the CAL.

Thanks for the effort!

I love your colors. Did you do all of the rows? If so how big did does the blanket measure?

Hugs

Kath

What a grand idea, Kath! I look forward to checking out all of the photos you've gathered together, as I'm sure I missed a few. Thank you!

Hi Kath,

#6 Afghan is gorgeous..Love the colors!

Thanks, this group is always so encouraging and quick to say such kind things! I have really come to enjoy our CAL so much!

I was looking for the pictures every day in each page. Consolidated links will help the newcomers like me to glimpse at others afghans. Also it will attract new members to join the CAL.

Thanks for the effort!

Yeah I really love to look at them too, especially when preparing for a new one so this helped me too.

I love your colors. Did you do all of the rows? If so how big did does the blanket measure?

Yeah I did all 81 rows. I did not measure (I can try later today if I remember before I put it away) it but it's not a 36x36 that's for sure. I'd say probably very close to 48x48 if not a tad larger.

Oh I love it! That is adorable in the baby colors! Did you use a "G" hook? I'm going to start one for a baby as soon as I finish the bag I'm working on.

Yes I used a G hook, Id just recommend you keep an eye on its size, it gets quite large compared to the standard baby blanket size. And of course you can stop any size/any row. But I prefer a larger blanket for a baby.

What a grand idea, Kath! I look forward to checking out all of the photos you've gathered together, as I'm sure I missed a few. Thank you!

And of course I forgot yours Jeannej! but it's there now!! *giggle*

And of course I forgot yours Jeannej! but it's there now!! *giggle*

lol -Thank you, Kath! And thanks for all you do! = : D

Archived