Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

Is this as intimidating as it looks? I would like to use all on color baby yarn(G hook) to use some of my stash. I need to be done in about 8 weeks and I'm not worried about the deadline as long as none of the stitches give me a hard time. Any feedback would help .

Not intimidating at all!

All fairly simple stitches, and things like bobbles and puffs they explain as you get there!

Mostly SC, DC with a few rows of bobble or puff thrown in for texture.

It's very easy. I do mine in about a week working on it a lot each day. So 8 weeks should be possible!

The first 50 rows fly by.

The last 30 are longer and for me start to take longer. So the first 50 rows take me about 2-3 days and the last 30 take the other 4 days lol

It's always beautiful, whether in many colors or one.

Hope that helps! There is one in the Ravelry links in the first post , that is one color, its pink and gorgeous!

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been drooling over this afghan for quite some time and I have the pattern now after seeing every ones pictures posted here I think I may just have to dig out some yarn and give it a go

Great! Jump in anywhere with us! And share pics whenever you can!:cheer:cheer

Not intimidating at all!

All fairly simple stitches, and things like bobbles and puffs they explain as you get there!

Mostly SC, DC with a few rows of bobble or puff thrown in for texture.

It's very easy. I do mine in about a week working on it a lot each day. So 8 weeks should be possible!

The first 50 rows fly by.

The last 30 are longer and for me start to take longer. So the first 50 rows take me about 2-3 days and the last 30 take the other 4 days lol

It's always beautiful, whether in many colors or one.

Hope that helps! There is one in the Ravelry links in the first post , that is one color, its pink and gorgeous!

Thanks for the quick reply. I couldn't find the book in any of the local stores so I ordered it on line. I did see the pink one on Ravelry that is were I got the idea to do a single color. Yes it is gorgeous

I just got my pattern in the mail and can't wait to get started. I got really lucky and bought a used book through Barnes and Noble for $2.69 the condition was listed as good. I got a book that looks like it was never opened.

I just got my pattern in the mail and can't wait to get started. I got really lucky and bought a used book through Barnes and Noble for $2.69 the condition was listed as good. I got a book that looks like it was never opened.

Whoohoo!! :cheer:cheer I love when a plan comes together! That's awesome!!

What colors are you thinking of using?

I hope it's not too late for me to join in! - I received my pattern book a couple of days ago, and while trying to decide which colors I was going purchase for this great looking ghan, I picked up a skein out of my stash and just started 'doodling' to get a taste of the pattern (or whatever that would be called in crochetese)...

Of course, now I'm too far in to turn back. lol -So, if I have enough, I'll be doing mine in two colors: off-white Simply Soft, accented with some Caron Country that I receive from their last 'give away'...it's called Sunset, looking to me like a spiced orange.

I love all the finished Stitch Sampler ghans that you gals have completed -Such lovely color combos!

I started mine this morning and didn't want to put it down. I've decided to multiple colors I am going to wing it as I go. Whatever I choose it is going to be girlie.

I started mine this morning and didn't want to put it down. I've decided to multiple colors I am going to wing it as I go. Whatever I choose it is going to be girlie.

It is hard to put down, I agree! -Looking forward to seeing yours!

I am on round-32 and am kinda, sorta thinking about frogging what I've done... The center seems just a tad bit saggy to me and I'm wondering if working the open-work that surrounds the center medallion with a smaller hook might prevent that. The pattern's photo looks to be doing the same in the center, so maybe it can't be avoided(?).... Ah well, it's late and I have my granddaughter here tomorrow, so I have time to think it over before picking it back up....

I hope it's not too late for me to join in! - I received my pattern book a couple of days ago, and while trying to decide which colors I was going purchase for this great looking ghan, I picked up a skein out of my stash and just started 'doodling' to get a taste of the pattern (or whatever that would be called in crochetese)...

Of course, now I'm too far in to turn back. lol -So, if I have enough, I'll be doing mine in two colors: off-white Simply Soft, accented with some Caron Country that I receive from their last 'give away'...it's called Sunset, looking to me like a spiced orange.

I love all the finished Stitch Sampler ghans that you gals have completed -Such lovely color combos!

It's definitely not too late, jump in and be sure to share pics!

That's the great thing about these, they look wonderful no matter what colors you use!

It is hard to put down, I agree! -Looking forward to seeing yours!

I am on round-32 and am kinda, sorta thinking about frogging what I've done... The center seems just a tad bit saggy to me and I'm wondering if working the open-work that surrounds the center medallion with a smaller hook might prevent that. The pattern's photo looks to be doing the same in the center, so maybe it can't be avoided(?).... Ah well, it's late and I have my granddaughter here tomorrow, so I have time to think it over before picking it back up....

Hmm I don't see it being saggy, the entire thing has great drape instead of being stiff because it all has open work rows throughout, but if yours is too drappy you could try a smaller hook as you said. Be sure to share pics!

I have a ? about a symbol in rnd 15. I know what the star means but have never seen the other one please tell me what it means.

If you read the end of the row it tells you. It is merely a symbol for a repeat spot. You repeat between the stars twice and then repeat between that spire once. Hope that helps

Well, I am presently on round-51 and thoroughly enjoy working on this Stitch Sampler afghan! The great variety of stitch patterns gives the project a certain momentum, as I'm always anticipating what the next row will bring. -Fun! If I had my druthers, I'd sit and work right through it, but as life has it.... ;)

Well, I am presently on round-51 and thoroughly enjoy working on this Stitch Sampler afghan! The great variety of stitch patterns gives the project a certain momentum, as I'm always anticipating what the next row will bring. -Fun! If I had my druthers, I'd sit and work right through it, but as life has it.... ;)

Yeah life gets in the way, but the afghan is a joy to make. I'm just gathering myself together to begin my 6th with baby yarn. Not sure if it will be one color or several.

Yeah life gets in the way, but the afghan is a joy to make. I'm just gathering myself together to begin my 6th with baby yarn. Not sure if it will be one color or several.

Five Stitch Samplers so far and yet another planned?! -Way to go! It doesn't surprise me, though, really; this is such a wonderful, definitely re-do-able pattern. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next, Quietheart.

I'm hoping that I'll have enough of the stash yarn I'm using so that I won't have to pick up more (one color would have to be ordered) as this is the time of year I'd rather be spending my yarn-money on garden plants. :garden

My progress has been slow due to a few patterns I've tested. I decided to work in baby yarn with a "G" hook. Currently I am on Rnd 38. I am making my color choices as I go which seems to be the hardest part of the blanket for me. I am also going to make a small version maybe only 20 Rnds as a to go blanket. This is going to be my new favorite blanket. This patterns takes away all of the guilt I get from buying yarn on clearance for no reason. All of those deals now have a reason

I'm hoping that I'll have enough of the stash yarn I'm using so that I won't have to pick up more (one color would have to be ordered) as this is the time of year I'd rather be spending my yarn-money on garden plants. :garden

My progress has been slow due to a few patterns I've tested. I decided to work in baby yarn with a "G" hook. Currently I am on Rnd 38. I am making my color choices as I go which seems to be the hardest part of the blanket for me. I am also going to make a small version maybe only 20 Rnds as a to go blanket. This is going to be my new favorite blanket. This patterns takes away all of the guilt I get from buying yarn on clearance for no reason. All of those deals now have a reason

I think you have both found out one secret to this pattern.

Even if you aren't sure that a color will look right at first, as you go, it just seems to make anything work that you use.

I'm a happy Sampler camper!

I finished my rendition of the Stitch Sampler yesterday and am very happy with how it turned out! My photos can be viewed over on the Show & Tell forum. Thanks for the CAL and the introduction to this great pattern, Kath! :hug

I'm a happy Sampler camper!

I finished my rendition of the Stitch Sampler yesterday and am very happy with how it turned out! My photos can be viewed over on the Show & Tell forum. Thanks for the CAL and the introduction to this great pattern, Kath! :hug

OH Jeanne!! That is stunning!! I would never have imagined that 2 colors wuold work so beautifully!!! This pattern continues to amaze me! Thanks for joining us!

I am working on #6 for me in baby pastels, Im up to row 40. The pattern is so addicting!

I think we need to do this again. I missed out the first time. I'm thinking Christmas colors and give it as a gift. (Hmmmm, thinking. . . thinking . . . )

I think we need to do this again. I missed out the first time. I'm thinking Christmas colors and give it as a gift. (Hmmmm, thinking. . . thinking . . . )

I wasnt aware we ever stopped Bev!! LOL Ive been working on Christmas gifts since day 1 for this year hehe And Just started #6

Grab some yarn and jump in here!! :)

Archived