Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didnt get to work on mine today, I was busy balling up yarn scraps for a mystery crochet-a-long afghan from Gourmet Crochet's blog/facebook. But im done with that horrible job and hopefully will be able to work on it some more tonight and this weekend and hopefully get another pic!

I've been lurking in here to see all the beautiful stitching. I wish Leisure Arts would have this pattern available on their site to buy separately.

Anyway, there are some wonderful color combos in this thread. Outstanding work!

I've been lurking in here to see all the beautiful stitching. I wish Leisure Arts would have this pattern available on their site to buy separately.

Anyway, there are some wonderful color combos in this thread. Outstanding work!

Yeah it would be nice, but what is charged for 1 pattern now a days you can get the whole book on ebay including shipping if you watch for it.

We really do need a free pattern stitch sampler done in a square like this.

Oh, my, Sarah!!! Your 'ghan is absolutely stunning! What a nice job, and i love the look of the chenille!

Diane, how is the thread? Are you still enjoying working with it?

Kath, I bet you are cruisin right along on 'ghan #2!

How's it going, Holly, Deb, Nancy, tobybob?

<twist, twist>... Poochie! That's us twisting your arm!:devil:heehee

I haven't made hardly any progress:blush

I am hoping for tomorrow to be productive for me with it, though!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Kath, the pic is great, you can tell she really liked it.

Sarah, you afghan is really pretty. I love the look.

I'm only on row 28,:blush I have not been able to crochet for a few days so I'm way behind but still at it.

I'm on row 78!!!!!!! I wish I could finish tonight but that won't happen. I have a busy day tomorrow but I'll do as much as I can.

We're all here with you Pat. At least it's an interesting pattern all the way to the end.

How's it going, Holly, Deb, Nancy, tobybob?

<twist, twist>... Poochie! That's us twisting your arm!:devil:heehee

I haven't made hardly any progress:blush

I am hoping for tomorrow to be productive for me with it, though!

Hope you all have a great evening!

I'm still here! Just got busy with some other stuff! But, I've got all day tomorrow to work on my ghan! :hook

Kath, the pic is great, you can tell she really liked it.

Sarah, you afghan is really pretty. I love the look.

I'm only on row 28,:blush I have not been able to crochet for a few days so I'm way behind but still at it.

:hi, Pat!

don't be :blush, I am about where you are! We'll stick with it together!:cheer

I'm still here! Just got busy with some other stuff! But, I've got all day tomorrow to work on my ghan! :hook

The point of quoting all of those is this, it doesnt matter how fast you are going!!!!

Some of us are faster or have more time than others, that doesnt matter. The CAL is to keep cheering you on as you go!! Whether you are on row 1 or or 79 , whether you are doing it in yarn or thread, we are all here waiting to see pictures, waiting to encourage and cheer you on!

So dont feel slow or bad, keep at it, one row at a time!

It's worth it!:cheer:cheer:cheer

I haven't checked in in a while, but that's mostly because I haven't done much crochet in the last couple of weeks. I've had a lot of other distractions, including a big project at work, trying to read more, planning a spur-of-the-moment vacation to NYC in a few weeks. Also, my weekends have been super busy lately. But I'm headed home shortly to watch football for a couple of hours, and I'll work more on mine.

I'm halfway through row 38 (the first bobble row). A couple of things I've done that may (or may not) interest folks: I hate doing sc with a passion, so all the sc rows I've done as hdc. That's made the afghan grow just a little bit more in size, which is fine. Also, I've been really good about ending each work session with weaving in of my ends, which I also hate to do, so that I won't have a lot of ends to weave when I'm done. Each time I do that, it only takes me about 5 minutes, as opposed to the hour or more it would probably take otherwise.

I have a ton of colors to chose from, but mostly I've been doing it in earth tones. At some point I'll get another picture or two to post (when I have decent light, which is hard to do when it's dark when I go to work and dark when I return from work).

I haven't checked in in a while, but that's mostly because I haven't done much crochet in the last couple of weeks. I've had a lot of other distractions, including a big project at work, trying to read more, planning a spur-of-the-moment vacation to NYC in a few weeks. Also, my weekends have been super busy lately. But I'm headed home shortly to watch football for a couple of hours, and I'll work more on mine.

I'm halfway through row 38 (the first bobble row). A couple of things I've done that may (or may not) interest folks: I hate doing sc with a passion, so all the sc rows I've done as hdc. That's made the afghan grow just a little bit more in size, which is fine. Also, I've been really good about ending each work session with weaving in of my ends, which I also hate to do, so that I won't have a lot of ends to weave when I'm done. Each time I do that, it only takes me about 5 minutes, as opposed to the hour or more it would probably take otherwise.

I have a ton of colors to chose from, but mostly I've been doing it in earth tones. At some point I'll get another picture or two to post (when I have decent light, which is hard to do when it's dark when I go to work and dark when I return from work).

I love sc, but doing HDC when you hate sc is a fantastic idea because it wont effect stitch count at all.

I too weave in ends early but usually a row or 2 after so that if any can be worked over I do that first , then anything left i weave in and cut etc. Much, much better than doing it all at the end for sure.

Hopefully you can get a picture soon, Id love to see it!!

Yea!!!!!!! I'm done.

I'll take a pic and post it in a bit.

Whoohooo!!!!! Congrats! Can't wait to see it.

I am on row 76, I hoped to finish today but alas our plumbing has backed up into the house/bathtubs, sinks etc and we are awaiting a plumber to fix it, so it may wait until tomorrow now! lol

Yea!!!!!!! I'm done.

I'll take a pic and post it in a bit.

Good for you! Can't wait to see it1 I'm on row sixty something so I'm plugging along! I'm pleased with the way it looks and the colors are starting to grow on me! :lol

Finished this one and got great pictures of it and my daughters shadow!

I Am picking out colors for another now, I think I will do a 1 color baby size.

Gorgeous! I love those colors!:clap:clap:clap

LOL @ twist twist!!

quietheart - that is beautiful!!!

Well? :devil:rofl

Finished this one and got great pictures of it and my daughters shadow!

I Am picking out colors for another now, I think I will do a 1 color baby size.

Wow! :nworthy!... :drool that is Beautiful!

Archived