Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

Ladies they are all so pretty. Keep the pictures coming.

I finally got my pattern book and will be starting this weekend. I decided to use my stash and therefore I have no idea what the colors will be since I will do this on whatever color I pull out which should make it fun. It may not be pretty but it will be interesting.:lol

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:clapPat! So glad to hear that your pattern arrived!:clap

I haven't started yet either:blush, so I will work with you and start this weekend! (Truth be told, I didn't want you to be working alone!:devil:lol)

...I am using stash yarn, too!

Ladies they are all so pretty. Keep the pictures coming.

I finally got my pattern book and will be starting this weekend. I decided to use my stash and therefore I have no idea what the colors will be since I will do this on whatever color I pull out which should make it fun. It may not be pretty but it will be interesting.:lol

Oh I am so glad it finally arrived!!!

I did mine with scraps like that too, sometimes I like it, sometimes I dont! lol but hubby walked by me earlier today and said "wow that is coming out pretty" and he rarely says much other than, "nice".

It's so much fun!

:clapPat! So glad to hear that your pattern arrived!:clap

I haven't started yet either:blush, so I will work with you and start this weekend! (Truth be told, I didn't want you to be working alone!:devil:lol)

...I am using stash yarn, too!

Awesome, I have a ton more stash to go through, so I have the yarn out for my second already, too! Definitely not going to be alone!

Hugs

Kath

After work, I convinced myself to get some thread. :lol

To my shock, Michaels near my work doesn't have any thread on the shelves, only floss and aida stuff. So I went to Joanne's (practically next door) to get some thread size 10, color natural (look like offwhite/light beige range) which is on huge sale. I grab a steel hook that say 1.5 mm, 8. I hope it is a good hook size. I manage to grab 16 dollars worth of thread for 3.5 thousand yards long.

I hide it in my car to avoid any temptation to play with thread. I want to wait until I got home and look at the book tomorrow. Look like I will start it this weekend too! :D

To my shock, Michaels near my work doesn't have any thread on the shelves, only floss and aida stuff. So I went to Joanne's (practically next door) to get some thread size 10, color natural (look like offwhite/light beige range) which is on huge sale. I grab a steel hook that say 1.5 mm, 8. I hope it is a good hook size. I manage to grab 16 dollars worth of thread for 3.5 thousand yards long.

I hide it in my car to avoid any temptation to play with thread. I want to wait until I got home and look at the book tomorrow. Look like I will start it this weekend too! :D

*Cheers*:cheer:cheer I am so looking forward to seeing this in thread! Keep us updated with pictures!

Please please post pictures when you get this started, I am so curious to see it! I'm sure it will be gorgeous!! I haven't had a chance to work on mine much today but I have gotten to row 58! I have to put it on hold for a little bit tomorrow so I can make my FIL's dog a sweater, he so cold. :D

Please please post pictures when you get this started, I am so curious to see it! I'm sure it will be gorgeous!! I haven't had a chance to work on mine much today but I have gotten to row 58! I have to put it on hold for a little bit tomorrow so I can make my FIL's dog a sweater, he so cold. :D

aww poor baby! We must take care of the furry babies! LOL

So how is everyone's coming along?

I have 3 rows left.... I am beyond shocked how quickly and how fun this has been!!

Do be afraid of those last few rows of sc. They go sooo fast.

I got really lucky and had a ton of crochet time this week, it wont always be like this for me. But I never do 1 piece afghans, because I get bored, as I have said and this one was so much fun!

I already have my next planned so will be beginning that this weekend. So you wont be here alone!

As soon as I finish this I will get pics posted.

Seeing all your pictures kept me going, so keep them coming for me and everyone else!

I have 3 rows left.... I am beyond shocked how quickly and how fun this has been!!

Do be afraid of those last few rows of sc. They go sooo fast.

I got really lucky and had a ton of crochet time this week, it wont always be like this for me. But I never do 1 piece afghans, because I get bored, as I have said and this one was so much fun!

I already have my next planned so will be beginning that this weekend. So you wont be here alone!

As soon as I finish this I will get pics posted.

Seeing all your pictures kept me going, so keep them coming for me and everyone else!

3 rows!!!!!!!! :eek

I am not getting much done, my kids are snowed in and my one year old requires a LOT of attention.

3 rows!!!!!!!! :eek

I am not getting much done, my kids are snowed in and my one year old requires a LOT of attention.

I don't have little ones running around lol That would definitely have slowed me down! Especially this past week when so many kids didnt have school, although I homeschooled both of mine so that never mattered lol

OMG! Only three rows left?! :eek I am impressed!! I can't wait to see the picture. I am going to work on mine this evening & all day tomorrow. School starts back up on the 19th, and then I'll have classes four nights a week. So, I'm really going to push until then & try to get it done! :yes

I'm just starting row 5 so off I go. I'll check back in a little later and let you know how far I get. I think today will be a mostly crochet day which I don't get very often so I want to take advantage of it. I got my big bag of leftover skeins sitting here so I have no idea what colors it will be but we will see what happens.:lol

OMG! Only three rows left?! :eek I am impressed!! I can't wait to see the picture. I am going to work on mine this evening & all day tomorrow. School starts back up on the 19th, and then I'll have classes four nights a week. So, I'm really going to push until then & try to get it done! :yes

Yeah I got a lot of crochet time this week plus I do crochet fast. Cant wait to see pictures of yours!

I'm just starting row 5 so off I go. I'll check back in a little later and let you know how far I get. I think today will be a mostly crochet day which I don't get very often so I want to take advantage of it. I got my big bag of leftover skeins sitting here so I have no idea what colors it will be but we will see what happens.:lol

Enjoy it finally Pat! This is so much fun! Be sure to post pics!

Wow, Kath! :nworthy... WTG on 3 rnds left!

Pat ~ enjoy your :crocheting play day!

Diane ~ "natural" colored thread is going to be GORGEOUS!

Sarah ~ Row 58 is pretty good! What kind of sweater did you make for FIL's Chilly Puppy?

Holly ~ :cheeryou can finish before the 19th! WTG on keeping your mind busy:hug

:hi, to everyone else here!

I have just finished my daily chores, with the exception of starting supper. ... sampler 'ghan, and NFL playoffs, here I come!:D

I have just finished my daily chores, with the exception of starting supper. ... sampler 'ghan, and NFL playoffs, here I come!:D

Ok I have to ask, what team? I'm going to be watching the EAGLES.

I will post pictures as soon as I get something a little bigger. I had to tend to a few chores myself.

Ok I have to ask, what team? I'm going to be watching the EAGLES.

I will post pictures as soon as I get something a little bigger. I had to tend to a few chores myself.

Well, I am just excited for a good game between the Eagles/Cowboys. In the NFC, I am cheering fo rthe Saints to make it. In the 2nd game, I gotta go Bengals. Being a Patriots fan, I just cannot cheer for the J-E-T-S Jets!:lol

Tomorrow, of course, will be My Patriots, and then I will just watch the NFC game. I :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart Football!

Are you an Eagles fan? Who else are you routing for?

Yes, I will take some pictures while the sampler is in progress. It really motivate me by seeing it expanding to the end result.

Tonight, I plan to take a look in the book to get an idea how I can approach the sampler. Tomorrow, I will do some rows. I do have three days off next week where it will be filled with some chores and telecommuting work. I promise myself to do 1-2 hours of crafting daily.

I get the feeling that it will be easy on me if I work on it bit by bit daily. Is it true for you all ?

I worked on mine last night while watching TV. I am on row 52 and liking my colors much better. I couldn't bring myself to frog it back rows to change the colors so I kept going....after much arguing in my head....and I'm liking it better. I will try to get another picture posted soon.

Like others here, I am already planning my next one! I love this pattern!

I worked on mine last night while watching TV. I am on row 52 and liking my colors much better. I couldn't bring myself to frog it back rows to change the colors so I kept going....after much arguing in my head....and I'm liking it better. I will try to get another picture posted soon.

Like others here, I am already planning my next one! I love this pattern!

Isnt it a blast? I hated the colors in mine regularly and now I am in love with it!! This pattern *is* the most fun Ive had in a long time!

:yesYep...

You've got yourself a keeper there!

...I :manyheart it when my friends have "Keepers"!:wink

...hey, I am about to start round 12! I will share a pic when I get a bit more done. I am happy with the subdued pallette I have going on;)

What are your colors for #2? Are you using up more stash?

Archived