Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this pattern in my Leisure Arts book many years ago and decided that "one day" I would make it for myself. So I did a couple years ago. It sits on the back of my big, comfy crochet chair and only myself and my granddaughter are allowed to use it.

Would love to make another one, but have another afghan to make first for a charity acution. To see the one I made in earthtone colors, check out my Rav link.

This is a very fun afghan to make. Ya'all have fun! And I'll be popping in occassionally to check on your progress.

Saw this pattern in my Leisure Arts book many years ago and decided that "one day" I would make it for myself. So I did a couple years ago. It sits on the back of my big, comfy crochet chair and only myself and my granddaughter are allowed to use it.

Would love to make another one, but have another afghan to make first for a charity acution. To see the one I made in earthtone colors, check out my Rav link.

This is a very fun afghan to make. Ya'all have fun! And I'll be popping in occassionally to check on your progress.

Definitely pop in and cheer us on, we will need a cheering section when we get to the big rows!

hugs

Kath

Have all of you decided on your colors yet? :think I've been planning on using shades of sage green & off-whites with maybe a little lavender, to compliment my daughter's room. I'm thinking about using RedHeart SS, because it has no dye lot. That way, I can use just a few colors & rotate them as I go. Any thoughts?

I'm going to use as much of the WW cotton as I can on this. I have a ton, I mean a ton of WW cotton in every color of the rainbow, so I don't have a plan. I'll just start with something that looks good, and add on something else that looks good, and go from there. I need to get my cottons out and arranged so I can at least see what I have.

I'm going to use as much of the WW cotton as I can on this. I have a ton, I mean a ton of WW cotton in every color of the rainbow, so I don't have a plan. I'll just start with something that looks good, and add on something else that looks good, and go from there. I need to get my cottons out and arranged so I can at least see what I have.

That will be beautiful, and a really heavy Afghan, I cant wait to see how it works out!

Hugs

Kath

I would love to try this with you guys but I don't have the pattern. One is out of print and I'm trying to find the afghan book with it in there. If I get it I'll join you guys.

I would love to try this with you guys but I don't have the pattern. One is out of print and I'm trying to find the afghan book with it in there. If I get it I'll join you guys.

I found mine on Ebay really inexpensively. So I'd recommend checking there, both book names and info are in the first post if you need them.

Hugs

Kath

I went yarn shopping!! :hook I needed some "retail therapy" & Joanns was happy to oblige! I decided on some TLC yarn...the "Heathers" variety of colors. I'm really anxious to get started, too! Only two more days!!!

Probably didn't hurt that Joann's has all yarn on sale this week, right? ;)

I went yarn shopping!! :hook I needed some "retail therapy" & Joanns was happy to oblige! I decided on some TLC yarn...the "Heathers" variety of colors. I'm really anxious to get started, too! Only two more days!!!

I love heathers type colors, I cant wait to see yours!

I am anxious to get started myself!!

Hugs

Kath

I might have to join in with this afghan CAL. I don't know how I missed this thread!

I've had the pattern in my stash and on my mind for a couple of years. I really don't need another afghan in my house, but I don't know how I could bear to part with this one, after all the work that goes into it.

Now, decisions, decisions! Do I check out the yarn stash, or make an emergency visit to buy more? It isn't really a scrapghan, since according to the pattern, 8 of the 9 colors require 4 1/2 to 9 ounces of yarn. But I suppose it could be done with scraps if one wants to be creative and colorful, and does each row in another color. Has anyone done it that way?

Hope to see you all soon!

:snow:flakeHappy New Year from Cold & Snowy Long Island, NY! :flake:snow

I might have to join in with this afghan CAL. I don't know how I missed this thread!

I've had the pattern in my stash and on my mind for a couple of years. I really don't need another afghan in my house, but I don't know how I could bear to part with this one, after all the work that goes into it.

Now, decisions, decisions! Do I check out the yarn stash, or make an emergency visit to buy more? It isn't really a scrapghan, since according to the pattern, 8 of the 9 colors require 4 1/2 to 9 ounces of yarn. But I suppose it could be done with scraps if one wants to be creative and colorful, and does each row in another color. Has anyone done it that way?

Hope to see you all soon!

:snow:flakeHappy New Year from Cold & Snowy Long Island, NY! :flake:snow

Hi and welcome!! Lots of people did it that way with scraps and lots of done it with planned colors. There are a lot of pictures here on the ville and on Ravelry.com if you search for sampler afghan.

Hugs

Kath

Happy New Years everyone! Today we can begin finally!

I started mine and it is sooo much fun so far, to change every row.

Each row is easy, but different then the last, so it keeps away the boredom.

It has lovely texture already.

I will get a picture up later today.

My husband and my son are driving across the country to get my son back to Fort Bragg, NC after he was here on Leave and My daughter moved home a few days ago. So its been a little chaotic. I am looking forward to sitting down, watching some TV programs Ive recorded on the DVR during the past few weeks and working on this new project.

How is everyone else today?

Hugs

Kath

Well, as much as I'd like to I can't start yet because I'm waiting for the pattern. I did locate the book and order it so I soon as I get it I will join in.

Today is a good day to crochet since my family declared it a "Do Nothing Day" and we are all just sitting here. :lol

Can't wait to see your pictures later today, Kath.

Started on mine today, and it is going well, I am still not sure about the chenille yarn, they are different thicknesses but I am going with it. Here is a pic of what I have so far, I just finished row 18.

post-31924-135897491072_thumb.jpg

Hi and Happy New Year!

I've been crocheting up a storm to match the one that's howling outside today. So far it's been an easy pattern with a nice textured look in the center. I'm not sure about my color choices but I'm determined to use as much stash yarn as I can.

I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am. Pat I hope your pattern arrives soon!

Here's a pic of my first 18 rows:

post-7401-13589749108_thumb.jpg

Everyones starts are just so pretty! Hubby and I went to mass this morning and on the way home, after stopping for breakfast, I remembered that I could start this afghan today! I got so excited! Hubby didn't quite understand why I was waiting for January 1st. to start tho! :lol

I was going to take down my Christmas stuff but I think I NEED to spend today crocheting!!!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Kath~ safe travels to DH & DS, and welcome home to DD! I can't wait to see how yours is coming along!

Everyone's work is lovely so far!!!! I enjoyed all the :photo's

I did manage to get into the attic to get my chenille down (it finally wasn't too cold!) I don't think I have enough, but am going for it to see how far I can get with what I have. My colors are: off-white, lt. olive, dk olive, and dark plum. I also have a little bit of tan to throw in for good measure! Now, to get supper done so I can sit down and play:yes

Thanks again, Kath, for starting this one up... this is one special 'ghan!:hug

Hi again everyone!

I was all excited to start today too lol Waiting until after the holidays just removed all the stress and let us really look forward to something.

All your pictures are amazing!! Keep them coming!

I think the chenille looks pretty!

You have all picked pretty colors, but honestly, I think with this ghan, any colors will look amazing because its full of texture etc.

I am up to row 39, it goes fast at first, now its getting large enough to slow down!! lol

I really need to stop crocheting and checking this thread long enough to take a picture huh? My daughter keeps walking by me saying "Ohh mom, that is coming out so pretty", so thats high praise!

Hugs

Kath

That is gorgeous, I can't wait to start mine. The colors are not washed out on my computer. I clicked on the picture and they come up really nice.

Really? that center is a very bright torquoise not a baby blue lol

Im not sure I like these colors but Im going to use up this yarn!

Hugs

Kath

Archived