Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:think I wonder if I could do this in Chenille :scrachin... I have light and dark olive green, plum and cream..

whaddya all think? :goodorbad:?

There are pictures here on the ville of it done in Chenille before, so I know it can be done, and your colors sound GORGEOUS!!!

Welcome to the fun!!

Hugs

Kath

I started this two years ago on our way to Texas. I will be taking it with me as I haven't touched since then. I do have to frog it though as the middle doesn't lay flat. So I will join everyone. It'll be fun!

I was at Michaels yesterday looking at yarn. I think I'm going to try their brand of yarn for this...think it's called Impeccable or something? Can't really remember. But I'm thinking of tans/browns/ with a pretty yellow they had and a burgandy.

They also had a coupon at the register for 15% off your total purchase on December 20th! Guess where I'll be on Sunday??? :lol

I was at Michaels yesterday looking at yarn. I think I'm going to try their brand of yarn for this...think it's called Impeccable or something? Can't really remember. But I'm thinking of tans/browns/ with a pretty yellow they had and a burgandy.

They also had a coupon at the register for 15% off your total purchase on December 20th! Guess where I'll be on Sunday??? :lol

LOL let us know how that new yarn is! And enjoy Sunday!

Im getting figety to start mine, since all my Christmas crocheting is done and mailed.

My hubby asked me to make him a few gators for work, so Im going to do those, then I might have to start mine a little before Jan1!

Hugs

Kath

Ooooh....go to Michaels on Sunday "or" pick up my husband from the airport...what do I do? :blush

I am going to be starting the Stitch Sampler Ghan, also called Lace and Bobbles after Jan 1, I thought I would get this started so people had time to get the book and yarn etc but not interfere with the holiday rush. This gives you plenty of time. I got my "Afghans for All Seasons" a few weeks ago and have been slowly gathering yarn in a box for this in between the Holiday projects.

Here is the info:

Stitch Sampler is its name in Leisure Arts #100318, Afghans for All Seasons.

Lace and bobbles is the name in the Leisure Arts #2159: Scrap Yarn Afghans Book Two.

Description: (from the book) You can use your scrap yarn to make this unique throw, which features a sampling of delightful stitches.

Finished Size: Approximately 61” x 61”

If you want to see pictures, there are a bunch on Ravelry at:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stitch-sampler

and

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stitch-sampler/people

Anyone want to join me?

Hugs

Kath

I made one of these several years ago, and it was actually quite easy. It's funny, I've been thinking of making another one, this time for me, so I'll h ave to join in this CAL.

Have all of you decided on your colors yet? :think I've been planning on using shades of sage green & off-whites with maybe a little lavender, to compliment my daughter's room. I'm thinking about using RedHeart SS, because it has no dye lot. That way, I can use just a few colors & rotate them as I go. Any thoughts?

I am thinking about using some chenille yarn I have they are mostly neutral tones, green, brown, cream, etc. Some of them are very thin so i don't know if I will have enough, I think I will just go with it and stop when I run out.

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I sure did.

Now to get down to searching the stash for this one. I really like the colors in the "Season's" book photo. I'll be searching my stash to see what I have. I'm sure it will be a mix of brands of acrylic. I have lots of Simply Soft. I think I might have to only buy one or two skeins of the cream color. I'm getting anxious now...... I haven't checked the pattern for hook size yet. Santa brought me a light up H, maybe I can make that work for the gauge. I'd like to try it.

see you back here on the 1st,

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. I sure did.

Now to get down to searching the stash for this one. I really like the colors in the "Season's" book photo. I'll be searching my stash to see what I have. I'm sure it will be a mix of brands of acrylic. I have lots of Simply Soft. I think I might have to only buy one or two skeins of the cream color. I'm getting anxious now...... I haven't checked the pattern for hook size yet. Santa brought me a light up H, maybe I can make that work for the gauge. I'd like to try it.

see you back here on the 1st,

Use your light up H! Its an afghan, gauge isnt important, and there are so many rows that you can make this almost any size and you can keep adding to it if you want it larger (although its large already) , the pattern I have in the Afghan for all seasons book says size H hook.

see you in a few days!

Hugs

Kath

I bought my yarn! I used a coupon at Michaels and got many different colors....don't really have a color "theme" but I'm hoping the colors will all work together. Now I just have to try to hold myself back from starting this afghan until January 1st.!!!

I bought my yarn! I used a coupon at Michaels and got many different colors....don't really have a color "theme" but I'm hoping the colors will all work together. Now I just have to try to hold myself back from starting this afghan until January 1st.!!!

LOL Im having a hard time waiting too, the only thing stopping me is finishing up another afghan I got asked to make right before Christmas. I hope to finish it up this week, only have to join and do the edging now.

Hugs

Kath

Archived