Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

Ladies, all of your afghans are just gorgeous!!! I have been wanting to make one of these for a while, but I have too many other projects going right now. I think I will just lurk about and admire all you beautiful afghans!

We are going to be here if you decide to join us later!

Hugs

Kath

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone!

I am amazed at how great this afghan looks in just about any color combination. This gives me hope for mine! *Giggle*

I am on Row 51 this morning, boy oh boy does it slow down as these rows get larger rofl

But I am still suprised at how fast the rows go.

I think its because each row is different. You dont ever feel bogged down with the same thing or bored.

This maybe my new favorite ghan pattern.. Take this from someone that doesnt do afghans unless they are 12 inch squares, ever! LOL

I will post another picture later today, hopefully!

Hugs

Kath

Hi everyone! We made it to Texas. I worked on mine on the way here after I frogged many rows. It wasn't laying flat. Then we had to stop to get an H hook. While there at walmart I talked to a lady who is going to teach her self to crochet. I told her about the ville, utube videos and told her to practice on her tension then enjoy crocheting.

We get together for crafts twice a week and they have jam sessions we go to and I take my crocheting along. So there is plenty of time to work on this and some sweaters I need to make for 3 little girls back home.

Everyones afghans are pretty and nice color choices.

Hi everyone! We made it to Texas. I worked on mine on the way here after I frogged many rows. It wasn't laying flat. Then we had to stop to get an H hook. While there at walmart I talked to a lady who is going to teach her self to crochet. I told her about the ville, utube videos and told her to practice on her tension then enjoy crocheting.

We get together for crafts twice a week and they have jam sessions we go to and I take my crocheting along. So there is plenty of time to work on this and some sweaters I need to make for 3 little girls back home.

Everyones afghans are pretty and nice color choices.

Its so awesome that you have a get together group to craft with! Sounds like fun.

Hope you share pictures of your Afghan as you work on it!

I am going to be knitting socks in between working on this afghan when I get bored with it, but so far that isnt happening, which is like some kind of record lol

Hugs

Kath

Thanks for all the nice comments on my afghan so far. This afghan is so much fun and I can't remember the last time I was this excited about an afghan and just can't wait to work on it more! I think it's because every row is different and so I'm not getting bored plus all the different colors make it interesting too!

Can't wait to see more pictures from everyone!

Thanks for all the nice comments on my afghan so far. This afghan is so much fun and I can't remember the last time I was this excited about an afghan and just can't wait to work on it more! I think it's because every row is different and so I'm not getting bored plus all the different colors make it interesting too!

Can't wait to see more pictures from everyone!

I really feel the same way, I never finish afghans that arent large squares you join later, so this is really awesome.

Hugs

Kath

Hi! I've been reading posts and you all are doing beautiful work. :cheer I started this pattern about a year ago and got to row 54 before it became a WIP. :blush I may get back to it soon, but if not I'll be cheering you on! :yes

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on Round 40, and I have to agree with some of the comments I've read here. It really does seem to move along quickly. I know...as it gets bigger, it'll take longer to crochet. But, it's just so much fun to make! :hook Here's how it looks so far:

post-5445-135897492044_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on Round 40, and I have to agree with some of the comments I've read here. It really does seem to move along quickly. I know...as it gets bigger, it'll take longer to crochet. But, it's just so much fun to make! :hook Here's how it looks so far:

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!

The further I go with mine the less happy I am with the colors, but I shall plug on, since its supposed to be using up scraps and not planned lol

I didnt get a lot done yesterday with all the frogging, and I am not sure I will get a lot done today, either. Hubby went up to NC with our son to bring his car to the army base and is flying home this evening. So I want to get things fixed up today and ready for him to come home.

Keep sharing the pictures!! This is *the* most fun Ive had crocheting in a long time!

Hugs

Kath

Hugs

Kath

Hi Everyone,

I love the colors. I haven't got much done since my last pic, just got back from the Dr., and I have strep, ugh, I hope the shot they gave me will kick in soon and i can get to feeling better.:(

I love the colors. I haven't got much done since my last pic, just got back from the Dr., and I have strep, ugh, I hope the shot they gave me will kick in soon and i can get to feeling better.:(

Oh man Sarah, Im sorry you arent feeling well, get some rest hon!! Hope you feel better soon!

Hugs

Kath

Feel better soon, Sarah... strep is nothing to mess around with! Be careful, ok?:hug

Hi Everyone,

Holly~ I am loving your color scheme:yes... lovely, just lovely!:c9

Holly I love yours! What kind of yarn are you using!!! I added a couple more colors to mine and am not crazy about it now but hopefully I will like it again as I keep going!

I am using TLC Winter White, along with TLC "Heathers" in Teal, Lilac, Purple Haze, Denim, Sage & Nutmeg. I'm planning on using it on the bed in one of the bedrooms, so I picked colors that would go with the room.

I haven't gotten anything done today, though. My husband left to go back overseas today. :cry Plus, my eldest will be leaving tomorrow to go back to Germany. :sigh But, I will be okay! Going back to work on Wednesday and back to school on the 19th. So, I'll be busy!

I'm feeling some better today, although I think after I get done running errands for my DH I will be ready to lay back down. I added a couple of more rows over the course of yesterday, I just didn't have the energy to do much at a time. I think that this is the first time in a long time that I have been too sick to crochet! :eek

I'm feeling some better today, although I think after I get done running errands for my DH I will be ready to lay back down. I added a couple of more rows over the course of yesterday, I just didn't have the energy to do much at a time. I think that this is the first time in a long time that I have been too sick to crochet! :eek

Oh hon! Take care of yourself!:yay

Hi everyone,

The pics are looking good. I took a few days to play rescue angel - I like to pay-it-forward whenever I get a chance. The package is in the mail so it's back to my afghan. Trouble is I must have missed a sc back a row or maybe even two! Row 31 is just not working out with the stitches I have!!:think:eek

Oh well, :frog:frog:frog

:blush

I hope you're feeling better soon srhncl. Give the antibiotics a chance to get to work and get lots of rest.

I'm off to find that missing sc..........

Hi everyone,

The pics are looking good. I took a few days to play rescue angel - I like to pay-it-forward whenever I get a chance. The package is in the mail so it's back to my afghan. Trouble is I must have missed a sc back a row or maybe even two! Row 31 is just not working out with the stitches I have!!:think:eek

Oh well, :frog:frog:frog

:blush

I hope you're feeling better soon srhncl. Give the antibiotics a chance to get to work and get lots of rest.

I'm off to find that missing sc..........

Yeah i had a bunch of rows that didnt quite match the pattern count exactly but it was easy to fudge a stitch here and there at a corner so that it was fine so far. The best way to find a missing sc is to just put 2 in one spot lol

I searched before I started this CAL but did not find any erratta.

hugs

Kath

Here is mine after row 58. I am definitely not happy with the colors, but its purpose for me was to use up yarn and it is doing that.

Its getting a little too large for someone to hold lol but you get the idea The colors arent true in this pic either, the black looking rows are really just a forest green.

post-12343-135897492689_thumb.jpg

I am using TLC Winter White, along with TLC "Heathers" in Teal, Lilac, Purple Haze, Denim, Sage & Nutmeg. I'm planning on using it on the bed in one of the bedrooms, so I picked colors that would go with the room.

I haven't gotten anything done today, though. My husband left to go back overseas today. :cry Plus, my eldest will be leaving tomorrow to go back to Germany. :sigh But, I will be okay! Going back to work on Wednesday and back to school on the 19th. So, I'll be busy!

Hopefully this will keep your mind busy during this hard time. I was a navy wife for many years and now I am an Army mom, so I totally can relate to changes like this.

Hugs

Kath

Archived