Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

Here is mine after row 58. I am definitely not happy with the colors, but its purpose for me was to use up yarn and it is doing that.

Its getting a little too large for someone to hold lol but you get the idea The colors arent true in this pic either, the black looking rows are really just a forest green.

I love it! I am on the road to recovery and hope to get some more done tonight and get a picture posted. I do believe that this will be the only project I use chenille on, I am not a big fan but it sure is making a pretty afghan.

Ladies keep the pics coming I am having so much fun "seeing" everyone's progress!!

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love it! I am on the road to recovery and hope to get some more done tonight and get a picture posted. I do believe that this will be the only project I use chenille on, I am not a big fan but it sure is making a pretty afghan.

Ladies keep the pics coming I am having so much fun "seeing" everyone's progress!!

Im so glad you are starting to feel better!

I can't wait to see pictures of yours. I bet its gorgeous.

I am slowly working on mine, I seem to have pulled a muscle in my neck/back! So Im slow today. I am starting row 63 but dont know if I will get very far.

Do keep sharing pictures, I love, love, love seeing everyones pics.

I already have more of these planned, with no where to give them either, but I enjoy making them more than I ever would have imagined.

Hugs

Kath

Im so glad you are starting to feel better!

I can't wait to see pictures of yours. I bet its gorgeous.

I am slowly working on mine, I seem to have pulled a muscle in my neck/back! So Im slow today. I am starting row 63 but dont know if I will get very far.

Do keep sharing pictures, I love, love, love seeing everyones pics.

I already have more of these planned, with no where to give them either, but I enjoy making them more than I ever would have imagined.

Hugs

Kath

I made afghans all year last year with no one in particular in mind and then right before xmas I decided to give them to my 2 sisters and 2 nephews and neice. Everyone of them exclaimed how they were just the right colors! I then had to let the cat out of the bag that I made them with no one in mind. It was actually kind of spooky how they all seemed to be made for each person.

I made afghans all year last year with no one in particular in mind and then right before xmas I decided to give them to my 2 sisters and 2 nephews and neice. Everyone of them exclaimed how they were just the right colors! I then had to let the cat out of the bag that I made them with no one in mind. It was actually kind of spooky how they all seemed to be made for each person.

Thats what happened here too last year, sorta.

I make things all year and put them in a box and then when birthdays or christmas comes they get doled out and I always seem to have the perfect gift!

Hugs

Kath

Had snow day here today, getting a little done at a time today, my one year old is really being a booger today, into everything! I guess everyone has slowed down now that they are on the longer rows. Here is my progress so far, I just finished row 51.

post-31924-135897493433_thumb.jpg

Sarah yours is just beautiful! It looks so soft and warm! I didn't work on mine last night but hopefully I will be able to this evening!

It is super super soft but suprisingly it doesn't seem very heavy.

Had snow day here today, getting a little done at a time today, my one year old is really being a booger today, into everything! I guess everyone has slowed down now that they are on the longer rows. Here is my progress so far, I just finished row 51.

So gorgeous! The colors look so rich and amazing!!

Hugs

Kath

Hi!

I got a little done today. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a good crochet day--- in reality it will be another go shovel out the walk and parking areas day.

We've had 2 feet over the past three days with more on the way.

This is up to row 46.

And I agree, Sarah yours looks great!

post-7401-13589749398_thumb.jpg

Hi!

I got a little done today. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a good crochet day--- in reality it will be another go shovel out the walk and parking areas day.

This is up to row 46.

I love those colors, we only got about 2 inches of snow here and I didn't leave the house all day. I don't think I have ever shoveled snow in my life!

Hi!

This is up to row 46.

Wow! Those colors look so pretty together!

This afghan is just constantly amazing me!

Hello there. :)

I might join in this thread sometimes in 1-2 weeks once I get things settled down in my life.

I still want to do it in thread. I am not sure if I am able to get different colors in thread ?

I am not familiar with thread. I might end up doing it all in white instead. Will it look odd in a solid color, I wonder ?

Hi!

This is up to row 46.

I love your colors! That blue really makes it "pop"! I like everyone's better than mine! :angry I may end up frogging it back some rows and changing the colors!

I love your colors! That blue really makes it "pop"! I like everyone's better than mine! :angry I may end up frogging it back some rows and changing the colors!

I really like yours! I'm making mine as a Valentine gift for DH. That's why the blue. It's his favorite color. He doesn't know it's for him yet. I asked him his opinion on some of the color changes so he may figure it out but probably not. He's supportive but a typical guy. :lol

I might join in this thread sometimes in 1-2 weeks once I get things settled down in my life.

I still want to do it in thread. I am not sure if I am able to get different colors in thread ?

I am not familiar with thread. I might end up doing it all in white instead. Will it look odd in a solid color, I wonder ?

There are some pictures of this afghan on Ravelry in one color, its wonderful,the textures can really be seen that way.

I havent seen it in thread, but Id be curious to see how big it comes out etc.

Hugs

Kath

I really like yours! I'm making mine as a Valentine gift for DH. That's why the blue. It's his favorite color. He doesn't know it's for him yet. I asked him his opinion on some of the color changes so he may figure it out but probably not. He's supportive but a typical guy. :lol

lol having a supportive guy is great except mine always knows too much about my projects to do something secretly! LOL

tahlara,

You should be able to get lots of different colors in thread.

A craft store like Michaels will have lots of choices. If you are on Ravelry you can see this pattern done all in one color - at least the first 40 or so rows. Someone there made it in white and used the first rows as a gorgeous baby blanket. It's Ravelry.com and then you can search the patterns for Bobbles and Lace or Stitch Sampler Afghan. Then click on "projects" tab.

Do you have a use in mind for this one in thread? It might make an interesting table topper. I'll be looking forward to seeing yours.

OK back to my shovel....... we lucked out with this storm so far only about 4" of new snow. The big problem today is the wind. All the loose snow jsut keeps flying around making it almost impossible to see on the roads.

I hope to get some more made later. Stay warm everyone,

There are some pictures of this afghan on Ravelry in one color, its wonderful,the textures can really be seen that way.

I havent seen it in thread, but Id be curious to see how big it comes out etc.

Hugs

Kath

I bet it would be beautiful! I've caught myself thinking it could make a pretty baby blanket too. If I stopped right now (around round 48) it would be the perfect size.

Thanks for the tip about Michael's. I usually go to Joanne's. I forgot that Michael's does have more thread color choices than Joanne's.

I might do it in white and beige (light tan) in alternative rows. I was afraid that white might wash out the textures if I did it in a solid color.

Yes, I plan to do it as a table topper for my dining table. I have to figure out the gauge first.

I will be back when I decide on thread size and color choices, etc.

Side note: For doing it in thread, I just like to be different (true masochist who like to do difficult things on a huge level!). I thought it will be a big challenge as I didn't do thread much. I always admire crocheters who are able to whip out big doilies with no compliants.

Thanks for the tip about Michael's. I usually go to Joanne's. I forgot that Michael's does have more thread color choices than Joanne's.

I might do it in white and beige (light tan) in alternative rows. I was afraid that white might wash out the textures if I did it in a solid color.

Yes, I plan to do it as a table topper for my dining table. I have to figure out the gauge first.

Side note: For doing it in thread, I just like to be different (true masochist who like to do difficult things on a huge level!). I thought it will be a big challenge as I didn't do thread much. I always admire crocheters who are able to whip out big doilies with no compliants.

Having done almost all of it now and having worked in thread for many years I can tell you that you could definitely do this in thread. It will take A LOT of thread without a doubt. I would say try it!! If its not big enough , you can add rows or use it on a smaller table.

This would be gorgeous in thread, or 1 or 2 colors! What wonderful ideas!

Everyone's 'ghans are just beautiful! I love all of the color combos!

You are all doing a great job!

Hi again,

I have to confess I'm first and foremost a threadie - no contest there!

This pattern will be beautiful when you get working on it! I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Please don't let the thread intimidate you. It's exactly the same as working with yarn - a dc in thread is formed the same as a dc in yarn. The only difference you'll have is the tension you'll use to hold the thread. And, with the practice you'll get by actually doing it you'll find the right tension in no time at all.

happy crocheting,

Archived