Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

:yesYep...

You've got yourself a keeper there!

...I :manyheart it when my friends have "Keepers"!:wink

...hey, I am about to start round 12! I will share a pic when I get a bit more done. I am happy with the subdued pallette I have going on;)

What are your colors for #2? Are you using up more stash?

I thought I was going to use some left over browns and torquoise from another Ghan I made recently but then I looked at a huge tub of baby yarn/fingering yarn and I may make one of that...

So yep more stash, just not sure what stash yet lol

There is one on ravelry with a subdued pallette and it is stunning, I can't wait to see yours!

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here she is!

Stitch Sampler Afghan Closeup

Stitch Sampler Afghan 01

Now she is in the washer! :) and Im ready for #2!

Love, love, love it!! Can't wait to get mine done. I am trying so hard not start something else before I get this done, but DH just walked in with a package from Joann.com, I ordered some wool so I could start my first felted project. :(

Love, love, love it!! Can't wait to get mine done. I am trying so hard not start something else before I get this done, but DH just walked in with a package from Joann.com, I ordered some wool so I could start my first felted project. :(

rofl distractions, distractions!

I took a look at my book. I found old notes for the previous samplers. One (from 1995) is just several rows. Then another one (from 1999) is about almost halfway.

I am fascinated that it took me this long to try again. :yes

I think I need a lot of encouragement over several weeks as I am doing it in a solid color. I don't think I will have much trouble with thread. I feel okay about doing few rows at a time with this sampler.

I took a look at my book. I found old notes for the previous samplers. One (from 1995) is just several rows. Then another one (from 1999) is about almost halfway.

I am fascinated that it took me this long to try again. :yes

I think I need a lot of encouragement over several weeks as I am doing it in a solid color. I don't think I will have much trouble with thread. I feel okay about doing few rows at a time with this sampler.

It will be gorgeous! And the stitches are easy so you wont have any problem with them in thread at all!

Solid color will be amazing!

How is everyone doing today?

I'd love to see some pictures of yours, doesnt matter how little you've gotten done. The pictures are a real boost to others working on theirs.

Today I am going to start another!

The last one , that I had no idea what it was for, was claimed by my husband almost immediately for his friend's disabled wife.

So I am going to make another and see where its home ends up to be! :)

Well, I guess I just don't crochet as fast as I use to. Haven't done an afghan in awhile and this was is going slow. Nothing wrong with the stitches or the pattern just that the hand starts hurting and I have to rest it for awhile and start again. I am only on row 19 and my DBF is picking the colors out of the bag so this should be a very interesting color combination :lol

How is everyone doing today?

I'd love to see some pictures of yours, doesnt matter how little you've gotten done. The pictures are a real boost to others working on theirs.

Today I am going to start another!

The last one , that I had no idea what it was for, was claimed by my husband almost immediately for his friend's disabled wife.

So I am going to make another and see where its home ends up to be! :)

Well, I am currently on round 48. I plan on spending the day crocheting & watching old movies. I'm gonna have the house to myself, so I'm taking advantage of it! :hook I'll post a new picture this evening.

Well, I am currently on round 48. I plan on spending the day crocheting & watching old movies. I'm gonna have the house to myself, so I'm taking advantage of it! :hook I'll post a new picture this evening.

What's that like, I have been snowed in with the kids and DH since Thursday!

:cheerDiane!

The best part about 1 color? No ends to weave!:lol:lol

Pat... can't wait to see your combo!

Kath ~ enjoy starting #2!

I am on Rnd 16. It's hard to read, stitch and count while watching football... so I am slower than I thought.

Gettin' ready to watch the Pats right now... will try to share pics later on, but most likely, it will be tomorrow;)

Hope you all have a great day!

Well, I guess I just don't crochet as fast as I use to. Haven't done an afghan in awhile and this was is going slow. Nothing wrong with the stitches or the pattern just that the hand starts hurting and I have to rest it for awhile and start again. I am only on row 19 and my DBF is picking the colors out of the bag so this should be a very interesting color combination :lol

Row 19 is a lot Pat!! Those first 19 or so rows are slower because you have to count so much etc. After that you will find you dont have to watch and count except at the corners and it will be more relaxing for you I think.

Cant wait to see the colors!

Woot! 48 is a great number! Isnt it wonderful when you get some time like that? Enjoy it! Cant wait to see your pics!

:cheerDiane!

The best part about 1 color? No ends to weave!:lol:lol

Pat... can't wait to see your combo!

Kath ~ enjoy starting #2!

I am on Rnd 16. It's hard to read, stitch and count while watching football... so I am slower than I thought.

Gettin' ready to watch the Pats right now... will try to share pics later on, but most likely, it will be tomorrow;)

Hope you all have a great day!

I need to learn to multiquote around here! LOL

Yeah you will find that counting stuff stops at about Row 18 and it gets much more relaxing once you have the square going. Then it will be easier and pick up for you.

I started #2, I decided to use the left overs from my retro ghan that you may have seen in the show and tell afghan section. (Tan, dark brown, white and torquoise) So far it looks amazing!

Share pics whenever you get time!

I need to learn to multiquote around here! LOL

Yeah you will find that counting stuff stops at about Row 18 and it gets much more relaxing once you have the square going. Then it will be easier and pick up for you.

I started #2, I decided to use the left overs from my retro ghan that you may have seen in the show and tell afghan section. (Tan, dark brown, white and torquoise) So far it looks amazing!

Share pics whenever you get time!

Kath, all you have to do to use the multi quote is to click on the " box instead of the quote box. You can click on multiply boxes and then go to the post and they will all be there.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and glad to hear you don't have to do all the counting on every row.

After watching the Eagles last night, I'm done football.

Hi all!

Here's a pic of where I am today. I've just started row 58.

As you'll see at least one of the men in my life likes it already. I'm sure the other one will too once he gets it for Valentine's Day.

post-7401-13589749477_thumb.jpg

post-7401-135897494776_thumb.jpg

Hi all!

As you'll see at least one of the men in my life likes it already. I'm sure the other one will too once he gets it for Valentine's Day.

Gorgeous, I am sure he will love it! I just started row 68 or 69 I will try to post a pic tonight.

Kath, all you have to do to use the multi quote is to click on the " box instead of the quote box. You can click on multiply boxes and then go to the post and they will all be there.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and glad to hear you don't have to do all the counting on every row.

After watching the Eagles last night, I'm done football.

Woot! Thanks so much, this is so much better than spamming everyone! LOL And yes it gets SOOO much better after that square is formed.

Hi all!

GORGEOUS!!! Both the afghan and the kitty! LOL

Gorgeous, I am sure he will love it! I just started row 68 or 69 I will try to post a pic tonight.

Woot! Everyone is doing soooo great! I cant wait to see more pics!

Here is picture of my progress, just finished row 68. Sorry that the lighting in so bad I only have a lamp for light in my living room. Hubby wants an afghan made of chenille when i finish this one, I'm not sure I will ever work with chenille again. I think I will stick to my acrylic worsted weight.

post-31924-135897494803_thumb.jpg

Here is picture of my progress, just finished row 68. Sorry that the lighting in so bad I only have a lamp for light in my living room. Hubby wants an afghan made of chenille when i finish this one, I'm not sure I will ever work with chenille again. I think I will stick to my acrylic worsted weight.

The colors are absolutely unbelievable though! Gorgeous.

Archived