Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sarah ~ I am loving the look of the chenille! Are you finding it hard to work with, though?

Yes the chenille is pretty and oh so soft, but I just don't like working with it, it is much slower going for me than worsted weight acrylic.

Very nice, Kath!

I like those colors together:clap

I will share my pic tomorrow, when it's daylight:)

Yeah girl! Its your turn to share pics! LOL

I am absolutely in love with those colors!

I am too, its easier doing it with 4 colors instead of 9, too!

Kath and Holly ~ your colors are just beautiful! I made the mistake of trying to use 9 different colors...wasn't smart enough to figure out that I could do it with less! :think My next one will only be 4 or 5 colors I think. Great ghans!!!

Kath and Holly ~ your colors are just beautiful! I made the mistake of trying to use 9 different colors...wasn't smart enough to figure out that I could do it with less! :think My next one will only be 4 or 5 colors I think. Great ghans!!!

Yeah my first was all 9 colors assigned A-I exactly like the pattern gives. This time I got more brave rofl

I made some throws with chenille before.

Wash it gentle in cold water and dry-air (or line-dry) it. Chenille agitiate so easy so be careful when you wash it. If you need to put it in dryer, use dry on low heat.

Wash and dry it alone or the chenille fiber will cling to other fabrics in washer/dryer.

Thank you! I was picking colors for a specific room & knew what I wanted to use. I just couldn't find nine colors that worked together the way I wanted. So, I settled on seven & went for it!

I made some throws with chenille before.

Wash it gentle in cold water and dry-air (or line-dry) it. Chenille agitiate so easy so be careful when you wash it. If you need to put it in dryer, use dry on low heat.

Wash and dry it alone or the chenille fiber will cling to other fabrics in washer/dryer.

Thanks so much!

Here is picture of my progress, just finished row 68. Sorry that the lighting in so bad I only have a lamp for light in my living room. Hubby wants an afghan made of chenille when i finish this one, I'm not sure I will ever work with chenille again. I think I will stick to my acrylic worsted weight.

Nancy it's looking really nice. I like those colors.

Here is the beginning and the colors I chose this time:

Sarah yours is looking really nice to. I like your colors to.

Hi all!

Here's a pic of where I am today. I've just started row 58.

As you'll see at least one of the men in my life likes it already. I'm sure the other one will too once he gets it for Valentine's Day.

Kathy yours is looking nice to.

I worked on mine today at the jam session. I'm going to take out a row I started and the next row back. I want to change the yellow our to a different shade it's almost a gold color. I'm up to row 39 before frogging.

I never knew how to use the quotes until now. Thanks for sharing the tip. I don't remember who shared it but thanks.

Kath - What about the round ripples or yo-yo's afghans ? I did a scrap afghan where it is all sc with 12" inches of color changes. It was fun as I weave as I go (crochetting over the yarn ends as I go). It's okay if I ran out. I just move on and add a new color.

If you are doing charity, animal shelter blanket is a good choice. Cats and dogs don't care much about the colors. A pet blanket with all the random saltines is so beautiful.

I did few rows on my sampler, but it's not enough to take a picture of it. With the way things go, I will not have much time to work on it. I only can work on it 2-3 days per week. I will keep people updated on my progress. :)

Well I just started rnd 75 and these sc's are kicking my butt! I can't wait to get this done, the last one I did I stopped at row 67 or so and I am determined finish this one to very last row.

Kath - What about the round ripples or yo-yo's afghans ? I did a scrap afghan where it is all sc with 12" inches of color changes. It was fun as I weave as I go (crochetting over the yarn ends as I go). It's okay if I ran out. I just move on and add a new color.

If you are doing charity, animal shelter blanket is a good choice. Cats and dogs don't care much about the colors. A pet blanket with all the random saltines is so beautiful.

I did few rows on my sampler, but it's not enough to take a picture of it. With the way things go, I will not have much time to work on it. I only can work on it 2-3 days per week. I will keep people updated on my progress. :)

I was looking at round ripples, do you think they would look ok with colors changed mid-Row?

Yeah I was looking for something with Sc too for that very reason, you just go over the ends lol I have an old pattern my grandmother used to do, its like a rectangle granny but its all SC and the color changes mid row make it look sort of indian, if that makes any sense at all rofl

I may do one of those.

Well I just started rnd 75 and these sc's are kicking my butt! I can't wait to get this done, the last one I did I stopped at row 67 or so and I am determined finish this one to very last row.

Ah the sc rows were my favorite. I find them soo relaxing.

Just think.. only 6 rows!!!!

You can do it!!!!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Ah the sc rows were my favorite. I find them soo relaxing.

Just think.. only 6 rows!!!!

You can do it!!!!

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Thanks for the encouragement. I can't ever relax I have a one year old! I knew that my 6 year old was a good baby but I didn't now how good until this little booger came along, he never stops and is into everything. I'm really not complaining though because they aren't babies for long, I can't believe that his first birthday is Saturday!

Thanks for the encouragement. I can't ever relax I have a one year old! I knew that my 6 year old was a good baby but I didn't now how good until this little booger came along, he never stops and is into everything. I'm really not complaining though because they aren't babies for long, I can't believe that his first birthday is Saturday!

My two were the same way. My first born , a girl, was an angel, slept the night through from the day she came home from the hospital, never gave me one iota of grief. Then I had my son 4 years later......and didnt sleep for the first 4 years. He never stopped, was up in the night emptying the fridge at 2am onto the floor to make "greakfast", bringing knives to bed to take apart his legos in the middle of the night., sitting in a second story window, feet hanging out, tossing matchboxes at people walking by........

So I can relate rofl

My two were the same way. My first born , a girl, was an angel, slept the night through from the day she came home from the hospital, never gave me one iota of grief. Then I had my son 4 years later......and didnt sleep for the first 4 years. He never stopped, was up in the night emptying the fridge at 2am onto the floor to make "greakfast", bringing knives to bed to take apart his legos in the middle of the night., sitting in a second story window, feet hanging out, tossing matchboxes at people walking by........

So I can relate rofl

Oh my I thought maybe as he got older it would get better!:(

Yes, I saw 1-2 RRs and even RR stars with mid-row color changes, so beautiful. Also, the grandmother's old pattern sounds interesting.

I am going to work on the sampler. I am trying to do about 15-20 rows per week. This week, I aim for much more rows because the rows are shorter. I am sure I slow down a lot when I am close to the end. Be back when I am finished with today's goal. :)

Hows everyone doing? Everyone has gotten so quiet lol

We need some more pictures!! :) I am up to row 44, this one is going much slower, more relaxed than the first and I am still loving it!

Pictures! Pictures! :) I will try to get another one of mine soon,too.

Keep motivated, you can do the big rows!

Hows everyone doing? Everyone has gotten so quiet lol

We need some more pictures!! :) I am up to row 44, this one is going much slower, more relaxed than the first and I am still loving it!

Pictures! Pictures! :) I will try to get another one of mine soon,too.

Keep motivated, you can do the big rows!

I am on rnd 78! I had to stop briefly to read DH your post about your little boy, his eyes are as big as quarters! :lol

Archived