Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

Update on my sampler: I did nada on it. It was a bad week. (It's too personal to share reasons on this forum)

I hope things will be better next week where I can go back to the sampler. :)

Diane, here's a :hug, and a prayer that next week is better for you:)

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diane, I hope you have a better week!

Kath, it sounds like nice colors your working with.

I did another four rounds this week. I'm making 3 of "The happy Hair Doll" for 3 of my grandkids. It will be minus the hair though. It's a heart shape doll, perfect for valentine's gifts. I made these for my kids when they were young. The pattern is from 101 Easy Scrap Crochet Projects book-1999. I would of made it in the 80's from one Annie's little books they had out then.

Diane, I hope you have a better week!

Kath, it sounds like nice colors your working with.

I did another four rounds this week. I'm making 3 of "The happy Hair Doll" for 3 of my grandkids. It will be minus the hair though. It's a heart shape doll, perfect for valentine's gifts. I made these for my kids when they were young. The pattern is from 101 Easy Scrap Crochet Projects book-1999. I would of made it in the 80's from one Annie's little books they had out then.

Ive made some of these years ago too! They are great valentine gifts!

Well here is my finished Afghan! :cheerI couldn't keep my little ham "Shortie" out of the pictures tho...he thinks I made this for him!

It looks fantastic. I'm sure kitty thought it was a present for him. :lol

last weekend working on mine, I discovered a point where I'd turned the **** thing around, and was working on the wrong side, so I ripped out 4 rounds, which was about 10 days worth of work. I redid one round, but haven't done anything on it since. I'm going to NYC in a couple of days, so I doubt I'll get any work done on it until I get back.

last weekend working on mine, I discovered a point where I'd turned the **** thing around, and was working on the wrong side, so I ripped out 4 rounds, which was about 10 days worth of work. I redid one round, but haven't done anything on it since. I'm going to NYC in a couple of days, so I doubt I'll get any work done on it until I get back.

It probably would have been fine with it turned but I can also understand frogging those rows.

Have fun in nyc and jump back here when you are back!

:hyper... I have time to work on my 'ghan today!!!! woot-woot! My house is cleaned, and other than feeding everyone, the rest of today is MINE! I hope to share a pic with you later, too. I will ask oldest DD to help me:yes

:hyper... I have time to work on my 'ghan today!!!! woot-woot! My house is cleaned, and other than feeding everyone, the rest of today is MINE! I hope to share a pic with you later, too. I will ask oldest DD to help me:yes

I haven't been able to get to my crocheting for over 2 weeks now, so mine has been sitting on the couch waiting for me, maybe this weekend.

I am hoping to really get a large amt done on mine this weekend too and hopefully get a picture since its going to be a cold weekend.

I am back. :)

I have a whole day off. I have a couple of things I want to do today. Then, I can work on the sampler and other WIPs.

Tomorrow will be an easy day too, so I plan to work more on the sampler as well.

I am having so much fun with this today!:clap:U finally! a progression of color that I am pleased with!

Diane ~ are you enjoying making this in thread? I think I want to try it. It would pack well in a carry on for my vacation next weekend:yes

It probably would have been fine with it turned but I can also understand frogging those rows.

Have fun in nyc and jump back here when you are back!

It's just one of those things that it would drive me crazy, even if no one else would know.

I really enjoy doing it bit by bit. It force me to stop, slow down and focus on the project in the making. I have to do a bit of fudging as this afghan use several colors. I am doing it in one color so it take a bit of mindset adjustment.

One flaw is I have to read each row's instructions in the book while I am doing the sampler. It's not exactly portable but it's good as a project where you can stay in one place with no distractions. I just need some space to display the book before me and doing the sampler at same time.

Another thing is thread slow me down a bit. So, I try to commit at least 1-2 hours to the sampler when I have spare time.

:welcome, Linda, from sunny California! (*she says a little jealous while shiverring in Boston!:lol:lol)

There are a few of us still making this pattern. Kath (aka Quietheart) is our leader of this CAL. she is the BOMB!!

what colors are you doing?

Is this still an active post????

I'm starting another of these afghans today...Feb 3, 2010

I love this pattern...this will be my 7th one and not my last.

Linda :sun

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com

Hi Linda!

Yep we are still active!

I am on my 3rd! LOL This pattern is addicting

What colors are you going to use?

Be sure to share pics!

Hello fellow Californian! :D

Yup, this CAL is active! What colors will you do ? I am doing mine in thread, in natural color.

Update: I did nada. :blush I will have some free days next week. I have to focus on other WIPs first.

I've done nada this week also. I take my afghan to the jam session on mondays, but this week I did the hearts for the heart dolls for the grandkids. Still have to put faces on them and arms and legs. Next monday I will be back at this.

Archived