Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quietheart, a Stitchintime, Tahlara....

I started out with a cream then went to black now I've grabbed

a dark green and a lighter green..:gallery I'm thinking a little variegated

of blues, green and white, then throw in some blues then

bring in the cream and black again...

so far its looking good...gosh I love this pattern...I'm addicted to

it..hehehe I think I'm on row 25 right now. I made a little change to

the pattern. You know how row 20 and 23 are the cross stitch double

crochet rows? Maybe it's because I'm a lefty but I do not enjoy doing

the cross stitch. For those rows I just ch 1, skip 1, dc in next two stitches, ch1 instead of doing the cross stitch. I like the way it looks too. I've made a couple of these with the cross stitch but I prefer just two double crochets.

Its been pretty rainy in California but it sure beats the midwest, or

east coast weather...brrrrrrrrrrrr its cold back there. I'm cold at

a mere 43 degrees...that's almost spring for you ...:lol:lol

Linda :sun

I started out with a cream then went to black now I've grabbed

a dark green and a lighter green..:gallery I'm thinking a little variegated

of blues, green and white, then throw in some blues then

bring in the cream and black again...

so far its looking good...gosh I love this pattern...I'm addicted to

it..hehehe I think I'm on row 25 right now. I made a little change to

the crochet stitch. For those rows I just ch 1, skip 1, dc in next two stitches, ch1 instead of doing the cross stitch. I like the way it looks too. I've made a couple of these with the cross stitch but I prefer just two double crochets.

Its been pretty rainy in California but it sure beats the midwest, or

east coast weather...brrrrrrrrrrrr its cold back there. I'm cold at

a mere 43 degrees...that's almost spring for you ...:lol:lol

For some reason I didn't think of modifying those rows when i was doing this. I absolutely despised the cross stitch, thanks for the pointer!

Ahh, thanks for the cross stitch tip. I have no work today and tomorrow. I will try to work some rounds on the sampler today. I still need to work on other WIPs.

I will be back with an update. It's really hazy out here, no good to take a photo. I think I can try to take one later tonight.

For some reason I didn't think of modifying those rows when i was doing this. I absolutely despised the cross stitch, thanks for the pointer!

If you don't like the cross stitch either maybe it's just the stitch and

not me being left handed..hahahaha glad to know you don't like it either...I think it looks just as good doing two double crochet stitches and a chain one on either side as it does that stupid cross stitch..ugh.....

Gee, guess what pattern I just found going through my pattern stash...I guess I'll have to move this one to my 'to do' list and start planning colors, etc.

awesome! Get that yarn together and jump in here!! LOL

I made a little change to

the cross stitch. For those rows I just ch 1, skip 1, dc in next two stitches, ch1 instead of doing the cross stitch. I like the way it looks too. I've made a couple of these with the cross stitch but I prefer just two double crochets.

I hate, hate, hate the bobble rows, so Ive done something else for those on some of these too. This pattern is easy to do that too.

I havent felt great for a few days, so I havent gotten any crocheting done, but hopefully soon! :)

:hug Kath -hope you are feeling better!

Yep feeling much, much bettah, thanks!

This is going to be my only project for the weekend, so I hope I can get a pic of it today and get it finished, I am on row 62.

I'M DONE!! :clap I will post a pic tomorrow, when I get home from work.

Congrats!!! It's such a fun pattern! Can't wait to see your pics!

Here's what I have so far... now back to crocheting more..

Super Bowl Sunday...yeah!!

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com/2010/02/lace-and-bobbles-crochet-along-at.html

How pretty! Love the colors you are using and love how you did the center with all the same color!

Holly can't wait to see a picture of yours!!!

Linda, yours looks great! I'm with you - I've finally started mine as of yesterday and am already on round 35. Out to walk the doggies, set out Super Bowl food, and I'll be back to it for the evening.

Chose from my stash: burgundy, soft white, navy, gold, dark teal & light teal, plum, buff Fiesta, and tan for my colors.

Holly, I love the colors in your afghan! I have a big stash of blues/greens/purples here that I've saved for afghans, so I may have to try those with this pattern. When I finish my scrappy afghan, my next one will be in pastels for spring, but one in cool colors is on my list too!

Candy

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com/2010/02/lace-and-bobbles-crochet-along-at.html

That is coming out gorgeous!! Love the colors!!

I have one of these started that I finally got out to finish. I'll post pics when I have a chance. It will be fun to see what others come up with for finish projects too.

Candy

Woot! We are here to cheer you on! Definitely share pictures if you can! We *LOVe* pics!

Linda, yours looks great! I'm with you - I've finally started mine as of yesterday and am already on round 35. Out to walk the doggies, set out Super Bowl food, and I'll be back to it for the evening.

Chose from my stash: burgundy, soft white, navy, gold, dark teal & light teal, plum, buff Fiesta, and tan for my colors.

Woot! Doesnt this pattern go fast? Those colors sound gorgeous!!!

I am up to row 74!! I *hope* to finish tomorrow or the next day!

How pretty! Love the colors you are using and love how you did the center with all the same color!

Holly can't wait to see a picture of yours!!!

Oh my gosh...I'm sorry! I forgot! :blush Here you go:

post-5445-135897502943_thumb.jpg

post-5445-135897502947_thumb.jpg

Wow, love those pics. I was chugging away on my thread sampler, few more rows. Things are uncertain next week, so I am not sure if I have much of crafting time.

Although, I will be around for a long time. ;)

I think I'm through round 67 now...it's the bobble round, and I started on the single crochet round after that. I'll try to get a picture tonight so you can see how far I am. It's definitely scrappy...just colors I needed to use up!

Candy

Archived