very helpful tip

Wow, thanks for that. I thought I was the only one that was bugged by the chain 3. I never have liked the way that it looks, even though it is supposed to replace a dc, it looks nothing like one!:lol Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for sharing that video. I always hate how that chain looks when it is time to turn your work. I usually only do 2 chains rather than three so at least it is the same height as my double crochets, but now I will have to try this method. Her stitches looked much better than using a chain.

Brilliant. I have a 2 round ripples in progress and I hate, hate, hate the chain three at the beginning of reach round. I am going to try this. It definitely looks like it will work and be a major improvement. Thanks for posting.

I hate going to the 'ville from work. Now I have to wait 4 hours before I can try it out. Bummer.

I love this technique. This is how I did my pentagonal afghan "The Blues" and it really turned out great! The only problem is that I learned how to crochet using the chain where you turn, so out of force of habit I often start projects using the chain, and by the time I think to use this technique, I've often got quite a few rows in and am faced with the "should I keep going or should I frog it?" dilemma. Depending on how far into the project I am, I often just keep going. I wish I could remember to do this all the time! :lol

i always hated doing a chain 3, also, since it seems to "hang" away from the other stitches w/ a large space. I had switched to the "sc, ch2" method and liked how it was closer to the others. I may have to try this 1 though, thank you.

Sandy

Archived