The Shawl Is On The Move!!

I mailed the shawl, y'all! When our mail lady dropped off our mail on Saturday morning I gave it to her so that it could begin its journey to its new home! She did say that because of the holiday weekend, it probably would not leave Bay City until Tuesday morning, but it is out of my hands now and in the (hopefully) capable hands of the U.S. Post Office. I would imagine we can probably expect it to arrive at its destination by, oh, say, Friday.

I am trying to decide which yarn to use for October's shawl. There are SO many gorgeous colors that are appropriate for that time of year! I get all drooly just thinking about them! Come the end of the month when I post October's shawl, look for the posting in the appropriate Show and Tell category of "Shawls & Wraps". That's where it will appear from now on.

Also, instead of sending it out at the very beginning of the month, I'll probably send it out between the 5th and the 7th of each month. That way it doesn't interfere with Tampa Doll's tote, and everything isn't piled on top of each other. December will be a bit different, though.

I probably shouldn't say anything yet, but I have had an idea that I'm so excited about that I can't keep it to myself for another two months, so I'm going to spill the beans now to give everyone something extra to look forward to. I have decided that, for the month of December, instead of sending out one shawl, I will be sending out one each WEEK for that month in honor of the holidays, for a total of FOUR shawls for December! There! I said it! The secret is out! :lol Whew!! I feel SO much better!!

OK! Off to continue my search for October's shawl yarn! Have a great week!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is definitely a wonderful project that you are doing. Whoever gets the shawls will be very blessed people. As crocheters ourselves, we all know what hard work goes into creating and finishing a project. These lucky people will be wrapped in your warmth, generosity and love.

4 in December!!!! Unbelievable!!! You will be like Santa Claus- bringing joy and happiness to 4 now-unknowing people.

ps:

I was wondering if you could post a picture of what you send out so we all can see what is in the mail?

Ok I will be stalking :lurkthis thread to see who gets the shawl and then after this I will be stalking the Show and Tell thread for shawls.

Geeze my heart can't stand it. We have my tote, MissMaxx's potholders and now your shawls. This is one exciting community.

Sending my good wishes to you all and will send my congrats to the winner.:yay

You know, this is so much fun. By the way, a couple of years I sent out 2 totes in December, it was not easy, I do not envy you, nt only making 4 but knowing who to send them to.:hook

Oh October and November are such great months for colors.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE:2magicThe magic has begun

Wow. I wonder who the lucky person will be to receive such a generous thoughtful surprise shawl. You are just so nice to do this for everyone. Another gift to look forward to each month and Dec will be very special. I just love Crochetville.

OHHHHHHH I can't wait to see who gets this very first one! Now when you receive a shawl you can be called the shawl lady (like the bag lady from Tampa Doll).

By the way...hint, hint, hint....I've never received one. Never been very good at tactfullness I'm afraid! :lol

OMG!! Another "nail" biter!! The anticipation, the continuous visits to the 'Ville to see who the lucky recipient is, oh my!! :eek :eek :lol :lol

I'm so looking forward to this!!

Goodluck to who ever gets the "first" shawl!! :clap :clap

Elle, it's so kind of you to do something like this!! And to do 4 for the month of December--Way Cool!! :cheer:hook:cheer

lol I can't waite to see who gets it... I Forgot who i was supose to send my Address to as im new and no one knows my Address LOL!.. I hope someday to be able to say I'm a bag lady or shawl lady or Potholder gal LOL!!!!. but I can't if No one knows my mystery local LOL!!!

I gotta write this stuff down as where to look lol for updates.. My little head can't hold all that info ****

Wow!!!!!!

I can't wait to see who get the new shawl!!

They are going to be only lucky person!!!

The waiting is going to be hard!

You are so kind to making and sending out the great big hug to someone.

lol I can't waite to see who gets it... I Forgot who i was supose to send my Address to as im new and no one knows my Address LOL!.. I hope someday to be able to say I'm a bag lady or shawl lady or Potholder gal LOL!!!!. but I can't if No one knows my mystery local LOL!!!

I gotta write this stuff down as where to look lol for updates.. My little head can't hold all that info ****

Do not worry. We have our ways. Most times we will still contact AuntBubbles or Terri/LadySource. Sometimes we will ask fellow members to get the addy for us.

**** you sneeky little buggers ****!!!! now that I think of i I did give my addy last night to one person.. they are sending me a Knitting needle so i can try to knit (ya my pencil trick didnt do to well ****).

SO i guess It dose have the potential to get around ****.

Well I do love a good mystery!. Now i can't waite to see who the next bag lady is or who the first shawl ldy is... now whereis that potholder thread??****.

oh Elle, I can't wait to see who the first shawl lady will be! The anticipation is so fun, right from the unveiling of your beautiful work. Besides the delightful pieces that you, Mary Jo and Nancy create and share each month, you gals crochet a forum full of smiles. Thanks for all you do! :manyheart

This is definitely a wonderful project that you are doing. Whoever gets the shawls will be very blessed people. As crocheters ourselves, we all know what hard work goes into creating and finishing a project. These lucky people will be wrapped in your warmth, generosity and love.

4 in December!!!! Unbelievable!!! You will be like Santa Claus- bringing joy and happiness to 4 now-unknowing people.

ps:

I was wondering if you could post a picture of what you send out so we all can see what is in the mail?

There's a thread about a week or two back in this forum with a pic of the shawl, but just in case you can't find it, here's the pic again:

post-10342-135897445647_thumb.jpg

post-10342-135897445651_thumb.jpg

Oh, how generous of you! Four in December! I can't wait to see who the lucky recipients are and to see pictures of the shawls! Crochetville is one exciting place to be! I'm so glad I am a member here! The shawl pictured above is gorgeous! What beautiful and restful colors!

You ladies who do this are so generous and wonderful. I hope it all comes back to you in great happiness for the happiness you are giving to others. I cannot wait to see who the lucky person is. It's always so much fun to wait and see when the person receives it. As a bag lady, I know the joy in receiving one of these gifts.

Elle, to do 4 in December is very generous and I'm sure will be keeping you very busy.:crocheting:lol

Archived