My 'Spock Rocks!' afghan

Becks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's Awesome! And, I really enjoyed the new Star Trek, it was just campy enough, while still full of action and excitement.

• 4 years later...

Hello, I want to create this "Spock Rocks" afghan for my younger sister who is a huge Star Trek fan, I'm talking true blue trekkie here! It seems that there is no pattern or instruction on how to make this. I went to Pink Raygun and copied the stencil, then went to Microrevots knitpro graphting page to get the grid. Now I'm looking at this piece of paper and wondering what to do next. The squares are tiny and run from 1 to 120 X 1 through 137, I'm at a lose at this point. Can you please help me with what to do next, what's the best way to tackle this project, or should I say a "labor of love"!! I'm not sure if it's all single or 1/2 double crochet. I've measured out the size I would like to make this as 4'-2" X 3'.

Your expertise in the matter would be so greatly appreciated, Thank You!!

post-70069-0-52071800-1389729143_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

My younger sister is a die hard Trekkie, all the way, besides her regular Christmas tree, she also has a smaller Star Trek themed one, it's increadible. So when I saw this afghan I knew I had to make it for her birthday, and so I did. I have to say though that I don't know how the heck your reverse side is so neat and tidy, because mine looked like a flight plan at the airport so I didn't photograph it due to embarrassment. Mind you, I never heard of the tunesian stitch, let alone tried it so it was an adventure in learning that I enjoyed immensly.

Since completing Mr. Spock, I've had a request from my daughter to make a Simba blanket for one of her friends baby, which I'm working on now. If anyone wants to learn this stitch style, Youtube has the best tutorials on how to, that's how I learned, it's awesome!! All I have to say is that I'm hooked on this stitch style!!

post-70069-0-13832300-1401213239_thumb.jpg

post-70069-0-13832300-1401213239_thumb.jpg

Archived