Some good clean fun?!

Good afternoon friends!

Sarah-love the pick of your little one, what a cutie pie! That is awesome that he was problem solving, trying to find a way to climb that tree. He'll get up there soon, I bet.

Joann-hope you day in Paradise went well. I haven't had time to crochet today, but hope to get to it this evening.

Marisa-what project are you working on?

Beth-sounds like you will be having an awesome day, grannies are my fav. My mother in-law made 4 huge grannies this last month1 Can you believe that? she crochets fast and beautifully.

I am beating my head against a wall. Designing a web site is proving to be extremely difficult. My little sister had started it for me, but she is in the middle of mid-terms and can't be bothered (not that I blame her) but I have absolutley no idea what I am doing.:blush Sooo...I was thinking of doing an Etsy shop but do not know if it is better. Any suggestions?

off to pick up the kiddos from school. BBL!

hugs n squishes!

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hi all!

Just passin' through! I'm in the middle of dinner and trying to type up my astronomy homework at the same time. Then Isabella has her "weird science" class at 6. I'll probably be back tomorrow night, when dh is at class. :D Love and hugs to all! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good evening ladies :hi

Home from work, which went well although busy.

LeeAnn - I'm going to work on my sweater tonight :xfin And will work on the crochet baby blanket tomorrow night at the sixers game and take that with me to pitt for the weekend too :yes Since I carry on the airplane, I don't want to attempt knitting needles and have them take them away :think I picked up some plastic crochet hooks last time which they didn't give me a problem with :no I definitely don't prefer them, but they'll do for the trip. I don't know much about making websites either so I wouldn't be much help in that department. I don't know how etsy works, do you have to pay to use them, or do they take a piece of each sale as payment? I've never looked into, but those would be my questions. If you'd rather have your own website, you can always look at your local community college and see if they offer a non-credit class on website designs.....they often do and they're usually reasonably priced. It all depends what you're looking to do with it and what your timeline is to have it up and running :think Just some thoughts for you to ponder :lol

Quick stop in- had a good but busy day- also had WW and I maintained my wt. I think this is the wt I'm going to maintain.

I went shopping after work to get some pants that fit- all of mine are too big- so I ended up with 4 pairs of pants in my new size- all for 86.00-they were on sale and I had a 15% off purchase coupon! So I was very happy- I had to try on lots of pants and finally found ones that fit good so I bought 4 of the same brand in different colors!

I'll be back in the morning- I'm watching my motivation show- The Biggest Loser.

Quick stop in- had a good but busy day- also had WW and I maintained my wt. I think this is the wt I'm going to maintain.

I went shopping after work to get some pants that fit- all of mine are too big- so I ended up with 4 pairs of pants in my new size- all for 86.00-they were on sale and I had a 15% off purchase coupon! So I was very happy- I had to try on lots of pants and finally found ones that fit good so I bought 4 of the same brand in different colors!

I'll be back in the morning- I'm watching my motivation show- The Biggest Loser.

:yay for maintaining your weight and getting some new pants :clap

HI all!

Marisa-thank you for the insight regarding the website. Etsy is an online shop for homemade goods. They charge you 20 cents per item that you list and then a total of 3.5% off your net sale. Not a bad deal considering they walk you thru the whole process and you can enlist help if you need it. Maintaining my own website looks like it is going to be a chore-linking postage and Paypal with an order. My brother in-law works for IBM and is a computer guru thinks that Etsy is the better way to go, less maintenance and stress. I'm still contemplating and stressing over it. You will finish your sweater in no time. Your trip sounds like a slice of heaven.

Joanne-So proud of you on your weight loss! WTG! New pants is always a plus.

back to doing more research. Hugs n squishes!

Good morning and Happy Hump Day!

LeeAnn- good luck with deciding what you are going to do. You should do whatever is going to cause you less stress in the end. Are you going to continue to sell things in your friends shop?

Stacy- How did Isabella enjoy weird science last night? Thought of you when I stopped at the Bux last evening to try their new coffee Tribute. I liked it- but then I haven't really found a coffee I didn't like!:lol

Marisa- Sounds like you sure needed some rest- I can't even remember the last time I slept 12 hrs in a row!!!! But I did get 7 last night!!!:) Have fun at the Sixers game tonight!!

Beth-Can't wait to see the shawl that you are making- and the granny! I've been plugging away on the baby blanket- (actually 2 in the making) one for DD and one for Step-DD. Then I'm going to make a baseball one that I saw in the Ultimate Blankets magazine- so perfect for a baseball loving grandma to give to her grandson!!!:lol

LeaAnne- How was your day off yesterday! Have you had a chance with your busy schedule to do any :crocheting

Colleen, Mary, Sarah----thinking of you!

Need to decide what to do for Lent- one thing for sure- I won' be giving up yarn!!:lol

Off to get ready for Paradise!

Good morning!!!

I took my favorite daughter, and my bestest IRL friend, and we went shopping at Michael's, and Ben Franklin, and Joann's. I found more Vanna's Glamour yarn to finish my shawl. I bought a skein of yarn to make slippers for my dd (She picked it out.) Then we picked up my son, and went to lunch. It was a very fun day. We got to tease my son, saying we'd tell his girlfriend that he went to lunch with her mom while she was at school.

My son saved up money, and with a little help from us, bought an HDTV. It came yesterday. We have a small house, and it's pretty full of stuff, so we had to repurpose furniture, move things around, and get things straight so he would have a place to put the tv and his PlayStation 3. That involved a lot of cleaning behind and under furniture, since it was being moved, and now I have a lot of things that need a new home. I moved the big piece of furniture that we use as a pantry from the kitchen to what should be a dining room, but now I have the dining room table in the kitchen. the kitchen seems HUGE and bright. When I find spots for a few more things, I will be very happy with it.

Joanne, Happy Hump Day!!! Congratulations on maintaining your weight, and on buying skinny girl pants! That's so awesome.

LeeAnn, I don't think I would like to set up a web site for selling things. Your description of Etsy makes it sound like a good way to go. But then again, would it be cheaper in the long run to get the web site going? So much to think about. I wish you lots of luck.

Marisa, One more day after today, and you get your long weekend. Donut Tuesday sounds delicious. It's pancake Tuesday here. Lots of churches host all-you-can-eat pancake suppers.

Stacy, Ah, to have a young brain, and to be able to cook dinner, check in with besties, do astronomy, and take care of kids at the same time... :nworthy You are a mom that :2rock

Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne, Sarah, Elizabeth, Vicki, and Shannon, I hope you have a great Wednesday!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Good morning ladies :coffee

Well, I didn't sleep very well last night, but still feel alright this morning. Might just be left over from the 12 hours the night before :think:lol

Happy Ash Wednesday and Hump Day. Maryann is buying lunch today, hoagies from a place we don't order from too often because it's a bit of a distance from work. I usually get an italian hoagie, but she had chicken salad last time and said it was great so I was going to try that until I remembered no meat today for Ash Wednesday, so instead I'm trying the seafood salad and am quite excited about it :yes

LeeAnn - That really doesn't sound like a bad deal that Etsy has there :no You can always start that way and if it proves no to be worth it in the long run you can then work on switching it over. That doesn't seem like too much for their "commission" and may be worth it to pass on the aggravation. Good luck decided, but I know whatever you do decide will be the right decision for you :hug

Joanne - Well, 7 hours of sleep is a good run for you young lady :yes Mary's skipping out on the game tonight since she has alot to do before we leave tomorrow night and is feeling a bit pressured on getting it all done. So, I will have a different friend coming with me and I'll let him have my tickets for friday as well :yes

Beth - That's awesome that ds bought a new tv :yay It's nice to know that other places have their own version of mardi gras, everyone looks at me a little loopy at first when I tell them it's donut day where I'm from :lol And I'm not a big donut person, but that's the one day out of the year that I do look for one, otherwise, I can take em or leave em :lol Did you go for pancakes last night?

I won't be back until the morning :waving

Morning!!!!:hi

How is everyone today? Hopefully well! Happy Ash Wednesday, Hump Day, donut day and pancake day. Yummy!

Marisa-hope Mary gets all of her things done, I freak out when I feel overwhelmed. Silly I know. :think Do you not eat meat every Wed and Friday? I bet you are super pumped about your trip. Fun fun fun!

Joanne-Happy Hump day to ya. I still have a few things in Kathi's shop but am thinking of picking them up, she is going back to Chile and will not have the shop open for a long time, I think until summer. This way I can add them to my inventory. I will make a new line of products for the summer months and see how that goes. Can you believe that I haven't picked up a hook in a few days? I am missing it.

Beth-your lunch date sounded :c9 and shopping for new yarn is always fantastic. :tup I can't wait to see your shawl all finished up, it is going to be fantastic. Does it have a home already?

After much contemplation I have decided to open up an Etsy shop. Dh thought that was the best idea since I am not a computer guru and do not know how to maintain a sight, like Joanne said, less stress is always better. If I decide to switch it over to a big site I can. And I am going to enter an application for a booth at our fair this summer. I hope that they will accept my application. I have to send in pictures as well as details regarding my products. Best thing tho-they are on the weekends, I will be able to continue working at the migrant.

ok off the :c9 must get housework done before hopping on the computer for a good while.

thank you all for all of your help, I sure do appreciate it! Hugs n squishes dearest friends!

Quick pop in to say goodnight!

LeeAnn- good luck with the Etsy store!!! And the craft fair!! I'm sure you'll get in!!

went to DD's house after work and got in a little while ago- and am getting ready to hook a little bit and then call it a night!

Hi all!

Leeann, good luck with your Etsy shop!! I have one (though it is empty for the moment) and it is super-easy to set up. Much easier than an actual website, IMO. How exciting!

Joanne, I think a baseball afghan is the perfect gift for a grandson. :manyheart How fun. Glad to hear the Bux new coffee is yumm-o. I gave up coffee for Lent (it was originally supposed to be coffee and junk food but, well...now it's just coffee :blush) so I will probably be crabby for the next week or so, until the withdrawals settle down. :lol Oh, and WTG on finding new pants!! That is such a difficult task- I think it was wise to buy 4 pair in different colors. :yes

Beth, your shopping trip sounds fabulous! How cool that your son bought and HDtv. Glad you like the new room arrangements. :tup

Marisa, have a safe trip! I remembered that it was Ash Wednesday, but I forgot about the meat and we had chicken egg rolls for dinner! :oops I did so well for the entire day, too! :sigh Oh, well. Can't wait to hear how your sister likes her socks. :yes

Sarah, your embroidery is beautiful! And I can't believe how quickly you finished it. Great job.

Everyone that I missed- sending lots of :hug:hug:hug:hug your way! My eyes are about to close- I was really dependent on that coffee to keep me awake until dh came home! :eek I am going to try the cat-nap idea that Marisa posted- hopefully it will help.

Good night!

Good morning!

Stacy- Good luck with the giving up coffee for Lent- there is no way I could function with the hours I work if I gave up coffee- It wouldn't be pretty, I'm afraid. Did you take the catnap- or was it the sleep for the night kind of nap?

Beth- What's on the agenda for today? For me, it's work as usual, but it is gray, damp, rainy and it is the PERFECT day to stay inside in pj's. Oh, how I wish I could!!

Marisa- I hope you had fun at the game last night and safe travels today! Enjoy your time in Pittsburgh- have fun at the parade- and hope you get lots accomplished regarding your relocation! Hugs!!!

LeeAnn, LeaAnne, Colleen, Sarah, Elizabeth, Mary~~~~ Have a great day:ghug

Good morning??? I think. The clock says so, any way...

The old cat has gotten VERY vocal in her old age. This morning, or middle of the night, or some ugly hour, she kept screeching for something, and since she doesn't speak English, and i don't speak cat, it was a guessing game. I finally got up at 3 and stayed up, since my sinuses are stick :yuck.

Joanne, I agree. today would be a totally perfect PJ day, but my house has its annual termite inspection, so I have to be dressed. At least you know you'll get off this weekend.

Stacy, :hug Are you having any caffeine to help with the coffee-less-ness? You poor dear. You will feel great, once you get through the rough part.

Marisa, Have a safe trip. I hope you have a lot of fun.

LeeAnn, It's so exciting that you are starting your own business. Do you have an outlet for your items locally?

Mary, Colleen, LeaAnne, Elizabeth, and Sarah, I hope you all have beautiful, fun days!

Good morning ladies :coffee

My sixers lost last night in OT :( Almost like they just gave up then :shrug

I'll get a chance to stop back in for a minute after work before heading to the airport around 9. Our flight leaves at 10:45 :eek I know late, but it was cheaper than the 8:30 flight I usually take :lol

LeeAnn - :yay for making your decision on the Etsy store, I think it's the right one for you too :hug :hug Can't wait to check it out :bounce No meat on Ash Wednesday (not every wed) and every friday from now until easter :yes

Stacy - :oops on the chicken, I've done it myself in the past :lol Good luck on the coffee, you're braver than I am :lol I give up chocolate, every year the same :lol And the funny thing it that even though I'm a chocoholic, I don't even crave it during lent. I know I can't have it and it doesn't bother me then. Now if it's sitting there and I know I shouldn't have it (outside of lent) that's a whole separate story :lol

Joanne - It's supposed to rain in Pitt today, as it is here, and my sister called to let me know they're calling for snow overnight tonight, so :xfin that it holds off until we get there so our flight doesn't get messed up. As for the parade.....um, ya know.......we've never actually made it to the parade :rofl I hope to finding some good options by way of buildings or maybe at least I can narrow down to an area :think:lol

Beth - Yep, my clock said morning too....well, at least my mom and my sister did when they called me on conference calling this morning :lol It's a common thing for my 8:00 work day, but today was my late day :sigh It's ok though :lol It was time to get up and get moving anyway. Did you figure out what the cat wanted? Good luck with your termite inspection :hug

Good Morning Good Morning!

I didn't want to get up either. :lol I just felt so tired. With the help of some java I am feeling much better.

Marisa-have fun in Pitt! woohooo! :hug Happy dance for ya! Today will definately be a long day for you. How sweet of your mom and sis to call on a conference call. :manyheart

Joanne-bummer that you can not spend the day in jammies...:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Beth-so sorry that your cat was up ad on ugly hour. Hopefully you can snag a little cat nap this afternoon.

Stacy-you are awesome to ge giving up coffee. My hat goes off to you. Was the shipping difficult to figure out on Etsy? I am taking pics today and uploading, it should be ready to go by Monday. It feels like a process, but I feel more in control.

not much going on here, going to set up my camera and props. Wish me luck!

hugs n squishes!!!

Hello again!

Leeann, the shipping was a bit confusing, but it's mostly because of the explanation in the setup process, if that makes sense. :think It took me a few days to figure out how to do multiple-item shipping charges, but once I got that figured out, it was smooth sailing. :yes And you can link your Etsy page to your FB page. :devil

Marisa, I am a "new" Catholic, so that is my excuse if I forget about the meat. :devil:lol And I give up coffee every year, too. :yes Have fun with your fam, and good luck with your relocation details!!

Beth, good luck with the termite inspection! As for the coffee- I will still drink iced tea, etc- it is just the coffee that does me in. I know that it affects my mood (makes me very cranky) so I try not to drink much of it anyway, but I have really become dependent on it to help me stay awake at night. You are right- I will feel great after I get through the first few days. :yes

Hey, Elizabeth hasn't been around in a few days...I wonder if she's had the baby? :think

Sarah, Joanne, LeaAnne, Mary, Colleen- hope you all have a wonderful day!

So...last night I tried the catnap- I really did! I set my alarm for 9:30 and was out almost immediately. Well...my phone was set on vibrate :blush and I didn't wake up until I heard dh's truck door slam when he came home. :lol So I sat up in bed and pretended that I had been awake the whole time. :rofl I just don't know...if I close my eyes, I am out until the morning, I think. :shrug

Hi Ladies

Iam glad to hear all the news from everyone. I love coming here and reading what everyone is up to.

Me Iam almost finish the cleaning upstairs. Just a few more boxes to go thru and it will be done. Iam still making sweaters for the craft shows for this year. I will do the towels when it gets closer to the shows and the warm weather. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm .......... Warm weather, I can't wait.

We had snow here again. About 8 inches again. It is now raining here and by tonight it will freeze again. That is when I don't go outside.

I had a little nap today cause I was feeling a little down. It did help a bit.

Taht is all for now

Talk to you Later

Lots of Love

:hug:manyheart

Hi all,

Mary- good to hear from you and tomorrow is the big day when you see DD and the GKS's Have fun!!!! And Hopefully you are seeing the end of the snow in God's country!!

Stacy- Good for you and the coffee- and if you do it every year- you'll be ok after the first few days- especially if you are still getting caffeine through your iced tea! Hope you had a good day today!

LeaAnn Can't wait to see your Etsy shop!

Marisa- Fingers crossed that the snow doesn't come till after you've landed!!! And yup that's a late flight but I can't imagine that the flight takes too long going from Philly to Pitt. I'll look for your stop in before you leave!

Beth- Hope all went well with the inspection!

I'm in my Pj's already- as soon as I got home from work! It's still gray and rainy- so it IS perfect pj weather!!!

Have a good night everyone!

Joanne - the flight's only about an hour, we're scheduled to land at 11:51.

Don't really have time to chat, and only skimmed the posts, but need to go finish packing before Mary gets here in about 25 minutes now :eek I had some obstacles on my way home which set me back a bit, but figured no sense wasting time just eating, when I can eat AND catch up :lol

Joanne - the flight's only about an hour, we're scheduled to land at 11:51.

Don't really have time to chat, and only skimmed the posts, but need to go finish packing before Mary gets here in about 25 minutes now :eek I had some obstacles on my way home which set me back a bit, but figured no sense wasting time just eating, when I can eat AND catch up :lol

I like the way you think! :lol:lol Have a great trip!

Dinner is done, dh left for school, the girls have had showers and cleaned their room. Now time to relax for the night. I'm working on an ami right now- quick and something I can finish between housework and homework. :yes:lol

Have a great night, all!

Good morning all,

Just a quick stop in and wish you all a good day. I'm kind of numb after reading about the earthquake in Japan and the tsunami warnings and watches that have been posted for Hawaii, Alaska, and the west coast. Prayers being said for all affected and hope that mother nature calms down a bit!

Archived